PDA

View Full Version : ohio to fargo ND

slimjim503
07-31-2010, 09:40 PM
hellow my fellow riders im 31 years old and have owend my lifan for 3 years and replaced the motor its now a 250cc..I have been out of work for 1 year i have found a job out there im leveing on the 1 of aug its the longest trip i have ever done....I will take lots of pic on the way..Ill be leaving my wife and 3 kids be hind on my big adventer but if all gose good they can move out here to...I will be leaving from salem ohio and planig on going to south bend Indiana then ill go from there ill be useing a tom tom gps ill be taking all the back roads i can find so wish me luck ill get some good pic and a nice trip reports....

Weldangrind
08-01-2010, 12:20 AM
That sounds like a great adventure! Good luck, and safe travels to you. With your permission, I'd be happy to pray about it.

I hope that the new job is everything you need it to be.

SpudRider
08-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Congratulations on finding your new job! Thank you for the advance notice; I certainly look forward to reading your reports. :) I also will remember you in my prayers, Jim. :)

Spud :)

slimjim503
08-01-2010, 12:44 AM
sounds good to me i need all the help i can get me and my famly has had hard times and hope its a new start for us.. we have looked every where in ohio and the guy that hired me is wireing me money for gas thats great cant wait ill miss my famly but we need money and thing will work out thanks for you prays...

katoranger
08-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Will be praying for your safe travels. If you need I know alot of people along your route in Wisconsin and MN.

Allen

Cal25
08-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Best of luck to you in your new adventures.Keep us posted on the trip and the new job!

MICRider
08-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Wishing you a safe trip and I hope things pick up and the new job is a good one :)

Cheers,
Stew

slimjim503
08-01-2010, 09:30 PM
thank you everyone for all of the kind thoughts. this is his wife, i told him that i would update this for him as he called me with details. He left today between 2-2:30pm on a full tank of gas. He called around 4ish? and was between Canton & Akron OH. Then again at 7:30 and was on the other side of Toledo, OH. He also said that he has only spent about 6$ in gas. I am now awaiting another phone call,every break he calls to talk to us! He is really excited about his trip. I took a few pictures before he left, and he took a camera with him, so I'm hoping that he uses it to get some great pics. And I will upload them as soon as I get them.
katoranger- thank you so much I will pass this onto him, he had only enough money to make it there, so he wont be staying in any hotels, I am not sure really where he will be crashing,and that kind of worries me. I think this is long enough so I will end it, and promise to keep you kept up to date :)

FastDoc
08-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Prayers sent. :P

SpudRider
08-02-2010, 02:24 AM
Thank you for the update, Mrs. Jim. :) Your husband is in my prayers.

katoranger
08-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Keep me posted if he needs any help, but I think he will make it just fine.

Allen

slimjim503
08-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Last nite he was in Indiana, i cant remember which part. But he rested in a walmart parking lot for a few hours. this morning he rode through Chicago and last time i talked to him he was pretty close to being in the middle of WI....without any sleep hes doing pretty good I think!! he had roughly 500 and some miles to go til he reaches where he is heading to...i think? it was a long nite worrying about him and calling every stop. i do not think he has taken any pictures though. he said there wasnt anything goodto look at and when there was like chicago- he couldnt just stop on the road and snap a pic! he did say they are crazy drivers out there!! he should be calling soon so i will let you all know what i hear. and he said to make sure i said thank you for all the kind thoughts and prayers!

FastDoc
08-02-2010, 05:38 PM
What's his new job? Are you guys looking forward to the move? Sounds exciting!

I bet his butt is sore beyond repair though. That's a long ride on a little bike. Cool adventure though. I hope he's having good weather. What did he bring with him?

cheesy
08-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Fingers crossed for him.

Cal25
08-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Wow! I had no idea he was trying to make it straight through in one shot.
Please tell we said to be carefull! I know you already have told him that several times already.

Thank you for keeping us posted!

slimjim503
08-02-2010, 07:52 PM
he got a job as a farm hand?that is about all i know. but it is a huge farm that grows fruit and veggies and has chickens...yes if he can find a place for us out there,we are very excited.ohio just has nothing anymore. and it is something our family needs.i will tell him over and over again to be careful until i know he is there safe. thank you for your thoughts and kind words once again. yes he is trying to go straight through, he is stubborn!!! right now he is almost to st paul, mn. he is looking for a camp ground or something to get a few hours of sleep. lets see,what did he take...not enough food he did say! but thats what he gets for not listening! he has the 2 boxes on the sides of his rack that he packed with i am not really sure.i think he put his rain suit in one, his papers and stuff for the bike are in 1. he took a water-proof army bag with his clothes, a blanket, pillow and an extra pair of boots and personal hygene things. and a lunch box he also strapped onto his bike with his phone, camera, ipod, wallet. i really cant remember what all he took...sad because i helped pack it.but we went through 3 different ways of packing before he decided for final how he was going to do it. he did say earlier that he was going to mail his things back!!! if i forgot anything, sorry i will look over it later.thank you again..and i will try to figure out how to upload the pics i took of him before he left yesterday before i go tobed...he did say that he did take some pictures of mountains,so i cant wait to see and share them, somehow!!! :wink:

SpudRider
08-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Thank you for the update, Mrs. Jim. :) I will continue to remember Jim in my prayers. :)

If you set up an account at Photobucket, or another photograph host, you can learn to post photos on these forums by reading the following thread. ;)

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6240

FastDoc
08-02-2010, 09:24 PM
You seem like a fine family. It sounds like you love him very much, you are lucky to have one another. More prayers sent.

Somewhere, when times are better for you all, maybe you guys can take a nice lesiurely motorcycle ride around your new home.

Keep in touch with us!

Bill

katoranger
08-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Okay. He has an iron butt ride. Probably 1100 miles on secondary roads.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Salem,+Ohio&daddr=Fargo,+ND&geocode=FRwZcAIdUjku-ylxxMGDq1UxiDEEKG1wbwfQnQ%3BFQJKywId1Ro7-ilFcWeEjcvIUjHKqpEnpTCqgQ&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=43.88904,-88.80956&sspn=7.584581,19.665527&ie=UTF8&z=6

2LZ
08-03-2010, 12:22 AM
....and they say the American Spirit of Adventure is gone. I think not! :D
All the news has to do is quit focusing on the coasts and look into it's heartland!
You go for it, Jim-Family! My prayers to you all! :D

SpudRider
08-03-2010, 01:25 AM
Okay. He has an iron butt ride. Probably 1100 miles on secondary roads.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Salem,+Ohio&daddr=Fargo,+ND&geocode=FRwZcAIdUjku-ylxxMGDq1UxiDEEKG1wbwfQnQ%3BFQJKywId1Ro7-ilFcWeEjcvIUjHKqpEnpTCqgQ&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=43.88904,-88.80956&sspn=7.584581,19.665527&ie=UTF8&z=6
It is not fun to ride around Chicago! 8O Please say a prayer for Jim's safety.

slimjim503
08-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Thank you, we are a very lucky family to have each other. we have been through a very tough year and hopefully this is the break that we have been waiting for, fingers crossed!! Yes his butt is very sore...lol that is the first thing I hear when he calls. Last nite he was i think in St Paul, MN by a river (sorry i dont know where he was!! i am not sure he did!) but he was sitting there for a rest and dozing off. he forgot to call me when he decided what he was going to do, but called at 8:30am. while he was sitting there he said he looked over and saw someone beside him smoking a cig. turns out the guy is a fellow advrider, he said. that is from that area and told jim he looked really tired. they talked for awhile and the guy told him that he knew somewhere he *jim* prob could get away with crashing at, a park nearby. so jim said that the park was closed @ dark, but they went ahead in. and not even 10 minutes later a cop pulled in shinning his light all around.. that is just jims luck!! but the guy, jim didnt tell me his name!, but his id on advrider ( i hope that is the right thing) is wingnut11. Wingnut11 told the officer how jim was out there for a job and didnt have anywhere to sleep and was super tired. and didnt want to set up a tent or anything just get a few hours of sleep. the officer said that was just fine. i am floored by this bc around here people arent that kind at all. anyways he got some sleep, and cleaned up...and is now back on the road. i am pretty sure he said he has just under 200mi til he reaches where he is going. Fergus Falls, MN.
I am so greatful that there are still kind people out there, you just have to go far to find them!! And many thanks go out to all of you for your prayers and thoughts..Jim is excited that there are so many of you interested in his journey...believe me we have read many and he has always said that he wants to go on a long trip...well here is a start to the beginning of that for him! I have a feeling he will really be addicted now! Which is fine by me. and i agree if the media and news would focus on the anything other than the bad/negative things in the world then maybe people would see how people and the world really are. but i will not go into my views on that. thank you all again for your thoughts and kinds words. i uploaded the pics i have so i am going to put *try* anyways to post them. he did say that he has been taking some of what he can..that there was nothing good to get a pic of until he got westward...so we will have to wait to see what is worthy in his mind! until next time. Mrs Jim!!

and yes spudRider, that is pretty close to exactly the miles that we had figured up!

and a huge thank you to wingnut11, even if this isnt the right site, jim said that there are many that use both, so if your reading this..thank you and jim will for sure keep in touch wiht you! :wink:

[/img]

slimjim503
08-03-2010, 09:37 AM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x208/amcknabb529/jim/DSCN2127.jpg (http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x208/amcknabb529/jim/?action=view¤t=DSCN2127.jpg)

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x208/amcknabb529/jim/DSCN2128.jpg (http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x208/amcknabb529/jim/?action=view&current=DSCN2128.jpg)

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x208/amcknabb529/jim/DSCN2132.jpg (http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x208/amcknabb529/jim/?action=view&current=DSCN2132.jpg)

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x208/amcknabb529/jim/DSCN2120.jpg (http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x208/amcknabb529/jim/?action=view&current=DSCN2120.jpg)

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x208/amcknabb529/jim/DSCN2126.jpg (http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x208/amcknabb529/jim/?action=view&current=DSCN2126.jpg)

Weldangrind
08-03-2010, 10:37 AM
What a small planet! I'm amazed that someone Jim knew through a forum ran across him. 8O

I'm glad to hear that Jim is doing ok; he's made from tougher stuff than I am! :D

Cal25
08-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Really glad he got some good sleep.

katoranger
08-03-2010, 10:42 AM
If he needs anything mechanical to stop by Koep's Corner in Alexandria, MN. Tell to ask for Tom and that his son in law sent him.

If any problems have him call me. I will pm you my number.

Allen

FastDoc
08-03-2010, 11:41 AM
I saw on the news today some weather in the Chicago area. I hope it does not affect him at all.

His voyage may be the longest single trip any of us have ever done on a Chinabike. I hope the little bike continues to hold up will. Based on the fact Jim has already performed an engine swap I'm figuring he's good with a wrench.

There still ARE good people. Plenty in fact. The problem is the bad (acting) people make more noise and are more obvious than the silent majority.

SpudRider
08-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Thank you for the update, and thank you for posting the photos, Mrs. Jim! :) I am pleased to hear Jim is safe, and I will continue to pray for him. :)

I was very glad to see Jim wears good, protective riding gear. I am also very glad to see you both have a beautiful daughter. :)

slimjim503
08-03-2010, 03:49 PM
thank you so much
katoranger.that is so very kind of you. and jim didnt know what to dowhen i told him about your post. yes jimis very good with a wrench and tools.the only thing is,s that he didnt take any with him!! the weather in chicago didnt affect him..he has been long gone through there! i talked to him about an hour ago and he said he only had 35 miles to go until he was where hes headed for!!! so i am waiting for the call to say that he is there. thank you spud, yes our daughter is very beautiful, but then again of course she is mine!! we also have 2 boys..which i didnt post a pic of them, they were busy playing. well i am sorry if i missed someones comment, i try to get them all. i will let you all know when he gets there.;)

slimjim503
08-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I just got the call that he is there!!! so that would mean that his trip took about 50hours... wow that sure is an awful long time, but he did it and he made it there safe and sound thank God. thank you again for all the kind thoughts and prayers!![/b]

Cal25
08-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Glad he made it. Thank you very much for the updates.

After Jim gets settled we look forward to his break down of the trip and the new job.

Best of luck to the both of you!!

FastDoc
08-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Thank God he's there safe. He's hardcore, let me tell you. Even on my Gold Wing that would have been a significant distance.

When does he start work? When are you and the kids moving? How are the rest of you travelling?

Weldangrind
08-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Yay Jim! :D

Glad you made it ok buddy.

SpudRider
08-03-2010, 11:47 PM
I just got the call that he is there!!! so that would mean that his trip took about 50hours... wow that sure is an awful long time, but he did it and he made it there safe and sound thank God. thank you again for all the kind thoughts and prayers!![/b]
Thank you for the wonderful news, Mrs. Jim! I am very happy to hear Jim arrived safely. :D

mizke
08-05-2010, 06:04 AM
just went through this post, glad he made it. sounds like one really really really long ride.

altho im not sure i could do it with out taking some sort of tools. even in my car if i leave town for a 30 mile out of town trip, got a jack and a jack stand in the back floor boards and my travel tool kit in the back seat.. i know on a bike you cant really carry a jack and all of that. but a socket wrench set would be handy to have or even a socket wrench and a few of the most common sized sockets you would need for the bike..

but none the less glad he made it there safely....

FastDoc
08-05-2010, 11:35 AM
I think he made it on prayer and Grace as much as anything else.

SpudRider
08-05-2010, 11:43 AM
I think he made it on prayer and Grace as much as anything else.
Amen, Brother Bill! :D

slimjim503
08-29-2010, 04:55 PM
hey guy sand gals i made it what a long ride my but hurt for a week hahaha i did have tools with me and i want to thank every one for the your prays think you...my wife did a nice job on my trip report...i have some good pic i have to get them on a disk for got the cord....and also a seat pad is a must...i ran in to some realy nice people on my trip one guy told me he hada new honda goldwing and wouldnt ride it that far hahaha the china bike lives....the bike ran great....just need to change he oil and she will be ready for a nother trip.i road it for 24hrs be for i got some good sleep and no problems at all...my rout was i just but in spots on my gps the it was on bicycle rout and road all the back roads here it was great ....my job is really good and we will be moveing next summer....i have to go but for now thank you all so much ill be back with some pic later every one keep it between the lines

Cal25
08-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks for checking in and a update. Glad the job turned out well.

Weldangrind
08-29-2010, 07:26 PM
X2.

Awaiting photos. :D

2LZ
08-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks for checking in and a update. Glad the job turned out well.
No kidding! I'm glad, after all that, the job panned out!

FastDoc
08-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Thank God.

Fargo, eh?

Brace for winter. This is gonna hurt. :P

SpudRider
08-30-2010, 01:16 AM
Thank you for the update, Jim. I am very glad you arrived safely, and the job worked out well! We will enjoy viewing your photographs. :)

katoranger
08-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Thank God.

Fargo, eh?

Brace for winter. This is gonna hurt. :P

Winter in Fargo is alittle different than Ohio.

Can't wait for the pics.

slimjim503
08-30-2010, 10:14 PM
hellow agin yea winter is bad up here and ill be going home at the end of oct and we will see if he little bike can make it home agin..and i have got me a seat pad for the ride home.. ill try and get to wall mart and get the pic for you guys...the next summer we will move out here....my job is seasonal but ill be good to go for next summer later guys ill get you some pic

SpudRider
08-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Please let us know when you are preparing to ride the bike back to Ohio. I wish to pray for your safety, and I know several others on this forum will wish to do the same. :)

katoranger
08-31-2010, 08:43 AM
Be prepared. It may be snowing at the end of October. It will be cold.

slimjim503
10-07-2010, 10:46 PM
hellow im back agin ill get the pic up when i get home ill be leving in the moring on the oct 8 to go back home i have some good pic to share and also i have a small trailer that ill be pulling home with my bike and hope every one here prays for my safe trip it worked last time and im thankful for every ones suprot cant wait to see my famly....later on guys

FastDoc
10-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Hey Jim!

Glad to hear from you!

You have a good group of prayer buddies here. God will see you through.

A trailer?

Today was the first time I'd heard of a Chinarider pulling a trailer, and now you. Mmmmm.

SpudRider
10-07-2010, 11:50 PM
I just said a prayer for your safe trip home, Jim. :) I will continue to remember you in my prayers.

Weldangrind
10-08-2010, 01:57 AM
Prayers sent Jim. :D

BillR
10-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Ride safe.
Prayers up.
God Bless,
Bill R

slimjim503
10-11-2010, 08:01 PM
ok guys the lifan is still running good i made it what a ride i must say...1200 miles on mostly back roads...and yes i got a one wheel bicycle trailer..it works good for a round town and on short trips but it made it...ok to start it off agin i left on the oct8 at 8am stoped and gased up and did up my gps for madison wisconsin...where i would get a room at 3am I get all most to buffalo mn and the tire on the bike trailer blowed out and took the fender off hahah i just thought to my self and said its going to be a long ride and the car behind me didnt even flash a lite or any thing the bike just started to slom down i didnt think any thing about it because i was going up hill till i get to the top i stoped and found that the metal finder had broke and fliped under the tire and the tire was cut in two and the rim ground down to the spokes ....i some how manged to get it all straped to the back of my bike and off to walmart you guys should have see the looks i got..but i ended up geting a 16'' kids free style bike and used the rim off it so i think well i get home my 2year old will love the bike but i came to fid out its to much wait with all my gear so i had to give it away but i had a spare tire and rim..so after that back on the road stoping every 30 or 40 miles to check the tire because that is stuck in my mined that the tire will go agin so i made it to madison and get a hot shower and eat some trail mix and bed...so i didnt leave there till 8am so i could get at least 5 hours so back on the road and every thing is going good i sit my gps for joliet illinois i wasnt doing chicago agin..so im geting more trusting on my trailer and starting pushing it a little harder and the town of joliet to westville the roads was really bad i mean at 25 mph my water bottle would hit me in the back so after i got to westville i get gas and check every thing and tires great but the fram of the trailer where it piviots one bar was broke man i was like ok we need a ace some where where i could get some clamps and metal to fix it and 4miles up the road was ace and as i was magiver it some guy stoped and ask if i was ok and showed him what was up and he said he could weld it for me just give him 20min to go to sears and he came back then it was off to his house 13miles down the road and it was in the way i was going so cool i think your guys prays sent him there sears was like way across the mall and he just showed up and he had some metal laying a round and solid rod to put in the tube to make it harder and we where off 1 1/2 hours and by 10pm made it to goshen Indiana where i found a cheep room for 40 bucks better than 100...i up at 5am and check the tire and tube and loaded up and i was gone this was going to be the last big push to make it my but is killing me and my hands are numb and when i got to norwalk i thought i was going to make it then i made it to akron oh i was on the gas and was think if the tire gose my wife could come and get the trailer and gear i was 50 miles away and didnt want to stop for gas i didnt even go in i just used my debet card and i was off and i made it the tire held up all the way home my wife is going to do the pic for me for you guys gel seat pad no good if you ride more than 12hours the pro taper pillow grips are good and soft and tackey but they need to be replaced the bike hahah did way better than i though with riding it none stop for 24hours on the way out it need brakes and the back tire is under hafe gone going to need a new chain and sprockets every thing is good the wildfire 250 motor did good it will need a valve adj and oil change and we will be good to go..the tom tom gps is realy good didnt get lost and it was always on the ball..ok guy thanks a bunch mabe ill get the new pitster 400 for my next big trip if she lets me hahahah

MICRider
10-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Wow! Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound! I think you may have set some kind of record for consecutive hours spent on a chinabike :). Now to rest up and relax for a bit.

Cheers,
Stew

slimjim503
10-11-2010, 09:14 PM
thanks MICRider I have watched the movie long way round and man they have inspired me and the forums and reading the trip reports..it was a alsome feeling when i rode out there and siting on my bed and look at the atlas and how far i went was like wow i did it and the people along the way was realy cool...i just wish i could get a better seat man that thing is killer hahaha

SpudRider
10-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Thank you for the report, Jim; I am very glad you arrived home safely! :D I am also glad to hear you met nice people along the way, especially the gentleman who welded your trailer for you. :)

Weldangrind
10-12-2010, 01:21 AM
What an adventure! Glad you made it safely. Prayer works. :D

Cal25
10-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Glad you made it back. Sounds like a little well deserved good luck came your way.

Are you home for good or are you planning a return trip?

katoranger
10-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Good thing that Buffalo, MN is not part of the metro area.

The china bike that could.

SpudRider
10-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Good thing that Buffalo, MN is not part of the metro area.

The china bike that could.
X2; the China bike, and China Rider who could! :D

FastDoc
10-12-2010, 11:59 AM
What an adventure! There's a book in that!

slimjim503
10-15-2010, 09:07 PM
here is some pic for you guy
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10968.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10968.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10954.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10954.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10953.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10953.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10879.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10879.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10878.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10878.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10870.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10870.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10829.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10829.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10827.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10827.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10822.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10822.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10815.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10815.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10811.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10811.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10808.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10808.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10804.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10804.jpg)
this is wingnut on adv he found me a camp
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10803.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10803.jpg)
got to love night riding
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10802.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10802.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10801.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10801.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10800.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10800.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10798.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10798.jpg)
sun rise
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC11039.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC11039.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC11035.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC11035.jpg)
my trailer be for the tire went
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC11034.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC11034.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC11031.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC11031.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC11027.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC11027.jpg)
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/SDC10978.jpg (http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/slimjim503/?action=view&current=SDC10978.jpg)

MICRider
10-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Awesome pictures! That is some beautiful country you rode through, and your GY looks great! If you ever get a chance to pick up a sheepskin cover for the seat it makes a big difference on long trips. Thanks again for sharing the pics, a cool adventure ride if I ever saw one.

Cheers,
Stew

SpudRider
10-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Thank you for posting the wonderful photos, Jim! Your bike looks great! I am very pleased God blessed you with safety on your long trip. :D

FastDoc
10-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Beautiful pics!

I'm pretty sure you hold the CR record for distance on a single trip. Some of those pics of the road through the rolling hiilside made me say 'wow' out loud. I dig the little trailer. You are hard core, Brother. A fine American. A pioneer on a Chinabike.

Weldangrind
10-17-2010, 01:32 PM
I was really struck by the photo of the road over the rolling hills; I love seeing a road move with the land, rather than plow through it. :D

You are an iron butt rider! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

jerseysand46
10-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Great pics thats riding. I like that Suzuki

slimjim503
10-17-2010, 10:59 PM
thanks guys i try to keep up on matience on the bike and keep it clean....next summer i would like to go on a little longer trip i would like to do the TAT trail but dont think i will have the funding for that but im really hooked now..but you never no what could happen next summer is aways off yet so we will see this is a great forum and every is great people thanks :D

TurboT
10-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Thanks for sharing the photo's with us. Looks like some nice riding.

Didn't think much of the bugs. :)