PDA

View Full Version : Gio Quad Fest on farm just outside Calgary, Alberta

TurboT
08-14-2010, 04:18 PM
My wife had the kids out for their annual visit to her friends farm just outside of Calgary, Alberta. Closest small town to them is Dalemead for those geographical fans.

I thought I'd share some photos of the shenanigans with the Gio's. All of them have been in my hands at one time or another, and two of them are still mine.. (popsicle purple and silver blue mini beast)

My youngest cresting the 'mountain' which consists of a dirt hill on the property.
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/GioBikePhoto/4069.jpg

My oldest doing the same route.
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/GioBikePhoto/4045.jpg

The Popscicle
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/GioBikePhoto/4050.jpg

Modelling with the house and landscape in the background.
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/GioBikePhoto/4087.jpg

"Trick" Riding.. Dad would've snapped if he was there. 8O
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/GioBikePhoto/4026c.jpg

..and again..
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/GioBikePhoto/4035.jpg

Done for the day, heading back in.The red atv lives in Calgary but was the quad used for the sticky mini atv assembly guide in the ATV forum. Been a year now still running apparently. :)
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/GioBikePhoto/4008.jpg

MICRider
08-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Now that looks like an excellent place for kids to ride. Good thing dad didn't seem em catwalking the quads up the driveway earlier. I hail from the Calgary area but haven't lived there since I was 5. Not sure of it's proximity to this place but we lived in a small subdivision named Langdon. Thanks for posting the pics Turbo, looks like your young un's are having a blast! :D

FastDoc
08-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Wonderful pictures and beautiful kids!

Beautiful area too! Thanks for sharing. :D

waynev
08-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Great pics T, i gotta get my little guy out for another ride, just waiting til the corn is down at my buddies place so he can ride all over the field.

Cal25
08-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Thats just what it's all about. Those kids sure look happy.

BillR
08-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Great bunch of young'uns there. Good to see them having fun outside.

Those hay windrows brings back some August memories...square bales, stacked 10 high on the wagon and you've gotta chunk 'em up there :lol:
I miss the farm...
Bill

TurboT
08-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Now that looks like an excellent place for kids to ride. Good thing dad didn't seem em catwalking the quads up the driveway earlier. I hail from the Calgary area but haven't lived there since I was 5. Not sure of it's proximity to this place but we lived in a small subdivision named Langdon. Thanks for posting the pics Turbo, looks like your young un's are having a blast! :D

Hey Stew,

I believe Langdon isn't too far from there, I saw it on the map in the vincinity when reminding myself of the name of this little town. They are by Carseland and Strathmore as well. (I think Strathmore is a bit of a drive)

They do look to be having a blast, oddly they didn't get much time to ride. Too busy doing a lot of other things there like the zoo and family events.

I see those pictures and I'm envious I'm always working and don't get to hit the farm trip, my YZ would be happy out there.

TurboT
08-15-2010, 02:59 AM
Thanks for all the wonderful comments guys.

Chuckin bails ten high on a trailer doesn't sound like too much fun for me, Bill! :) Those buggers are heavy, and a bit sharp.. each to their own though. :D

BillR
08-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Thanks for all the wonderful comments guys.
Chuckin bails ten high on a trailer doesn't sound like too much fun for me, Bill! :) Those buggers are heavy, and a bit sharp.. each to their own though. :D
Oh, believe me, that was very "tongue in cheek" :lol:
I really do miss the farm, though...
Bill

Weldangrind
08-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Your young ladies have really grown! My regards to your wife on her excellent photo skills.

TurboT
08-16-2010, 03:43 AM
Your young ladies have really grown! My regards to your wife on her excellent photo skills.

They are like weeds right now, growing is out of control. Getting too big.

We need to drag the photographer out with us so we can get some decent shots of us. :) I need to fabricate a stiff camera case on the back of the beast so she can troll along and snap shots. Last thing I need is her dumping the thing and smashing the $3000+ camera equipment.

Also, my offer of her doing some family shots for you guys is always open, D.

Weldangrind
08-16-2010, 11:29 AM
We need to drag the photographer out with us so we can get some decent shots of us. :) I need to fabricate a stiff camera case on the back of the beast so she can troll along and snap shots. Last thing I need is her dumping the thing and smashing the $3000+ camera equipment.

How big? Ammo boxes are quite sturdy and cheap, and they're sealed with a decent gasket. I have some around here you could look at to get an idea.

Also, my offer of her doing some family shots for you guys is always open, D.

Thanks T. :D It is about time that we did that as a family.

mizke
08-16-2010, 03:27 PM
aww family riding

ive told my gf if she ever gets knocked up our baby is going to come out of her and go right on a quad.. ugh then im buying a travel trailor, her a atv so we can start taking family riding vacations..

really want to go ride in glamis, moab, ya know places like that.

buddy of mine has him self a honda 250 dirtbike, just got his son to learn the clutch and bought him a 125 honda dritbike(think its a 125) his daughter has a 90cc honda dirtbike, and his wife has the utv.. they have the tow along rv and take week long camping/riding trips every month.

then again his job allows him to take that time off, he is the guy that gets to tell toll road and txdot where they can and cannot build highways and toll roads..

FastDoc
08-16-2010, 04:14 PM
I've done Glamis and Moab.

Great stuff!

:D

SpudRider
08-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Thank you for sharing the great photos, Turbo! Your daughters are beautiful. :D

P.S. Is is just me? I really like that popsicle purple quad! :)

Spud :)

waynev
08-16-2010, 05:08 PM

Yeah, i kinda really like it too.

FastDoc
08-16-2010, 05:08 PM
It's just you, Spud! :P

TurboT
08-16-2010, 05:12 PM

Yeah, i kinda really like it too.

I'll pass your compliments on to the 'artist.' :)

It doesn't look too bad IMO. Of course, we'll see how long the paint lasts. The decorator can't remember the kind of paint she used. :roll:

Jim
08-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks for sharing the pictures, looks like a great place to ride

SpudRider
08-17-2010, 12:04 AM
It's just you, Spud! :P
No, it isn't, Brother Bill! :lol:

Weldangrind
08-17-2010, 01:51 AM
P.S. Is is just me? I really like that popsicle purple quad!

I saw it up close today; it looks really good.