PDA

View Full Version : Opinions, and Photoshop help needed.

FastDoc
11-03-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm keeping The Dirt Rat. I love it. I just trail rode another 20 miles, for 100 miles so far. This bike is a pleasure. :D

Ugly though. :?

I have a like new used tank, in Honda red/orange. I have, left over from a prior project, a new Acerbis front fender and headlight/number plate, in white.

I can get an Acerbis rear fender in white easily.

Getting these items in the correct year and color is nearly impossible, and very expensive. Used stuff on eBay looks worse than what I have already!

I can paint the side panels white.

I have a new seat cover coming, in original Honda blue.

So, would it be cool, or 'zebra' to go red, white, and blue. :?:

Red frame and tank. blue gaiters and seat, white side panels and front plate and fenders?

Can anyone photoshop this one for me?

I can email the individual a larger file than this if needed.

Thanks guys!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/maule/billandtheratsmall.jpg

FastDoc
11-03-2010, 09:06 PM
As far as repainting the frame, the color does not seem available anywhere, but I've heard Chevy smallblock orange engine paint is a good match. Availble from the car parts store.

katoranger
11-03-2010, 10:10 PM
I think the chevy orange is pretty close. Plus cheap and available. The red, white, blue would look fine in my opinion. My plastics have been painted some hideous maroon color.

SpudRider
11-03-2010, 10:54 PM
I think Dirt Rat would look good painted red, white, and blue; it's also patriotic! :D

Spud :)

FastDoc
11-03-2010, 11:25 PM
All I would need is a rear fender, $20, and a couple of cans of paint and primer, and a day that's not good for riding and The Dirt Rat will be a polished Rat.

If anyone gets a wild hair for a Photoshop experiment, feel free to mock it up for me... :D

TurboT
11-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Least I can do... bit of a butcher job but hope it gives you an idea.

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/GioBikePhoto/billandtheratsmall.jpg

FastDoc
11-04-2010, 12:58 AM
That works!

Thanks.

I think it looks OK that way. Maybe a couple of color coordinated 'XR decals on the white side panels to tie it together.

I appreciate the picture. I was having a hard time picturing it! :D

TurboT
11-04-2010, 01:16 AM
That works!

Thanks.

I think it looks OK that way. Maybe a couple of color coordinated 'XR decals on the white side panels to tie it together.

I appreciate the picture. I was having a hard time picturing it! :D

I feel like I've seen some of the older smaller ones have that color scheme. Old XR 80's for the kids or something..

SpudRider
11-04-2010, 01:25 AM
I think that color scheme looks great! Thanks for doing the Photoshop work, Turbo. :)

Spud :)

Weldangrind
11-04-2010, 01:35 AM
I can get an Acerbis rear fender in white easily.

Where from Doc? Do they have other colours as well?

FastDoc
11-04-2010, 11:39 AM
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/ACERBIS-UNIVERSAL-REAR-FENDER-WHITE/?catalogId=121084

The problem is that the fender is 7.25 inches wide at the mounting point but the frame is 6 inches wide at the mounting point, but I figure I've made bigger mods so far, I can trim a fender!

I don't know if they have other colors, but Maier does. More expensive though.

Weldangrind
11-04-2010, 11:56 AM
In the interest of remaining consistent, may we claim your ugly plastic bits? :D

FastDoc
11-04-2010, 12:35 PM
In the interest of remaining consistent, may we claim your ugly plastic bits? :D

Sure. They are ugly indeed though. Also the front fender has minor cracks. The rear fender is severely cracked but can be repaired. I'd probably fiberglass it from the bottom/inside.