PDA

View Full Version : Hi from WA

csgary
08-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Name's Gary, from Seattle, wa. I'm a proud owner of a 2005 Jetmoto 200. Got 700 km's on it... Yes, the speedo is in km's which is something of a nuisance, but for the money I can't complain. It's nice to see others like their cheapo bikes just as much as I do. I think chinese bikes are wonderful, even if they do require a bit more mechanical aptitude :wink:

RPM
08-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Greetings, Gary from Seattle!

Welcome to the forum.
Yep, I gotta agree that these units are pretty neat to own. Also are a great training aid to get your mechanical knowledge juices flowing ... and you know that tinkering is something that us guys just have to do.
Feel free to list any problems and I bet some one here will help out. I am a dealer for American Lifan and will be happy to help if I can.
Tom

dlunt
08-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Glad you found the site Gary.
They are great bikes!
The speedometers vary a lot from bike to bike. Mine is in MPH but the mileage is counted as kilometers.

ACD
08-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Hi Gary! Beautiful state you live in! Seattle is an awesome scooter town. I'm from the opposite side of the country in Maine. It's just the same but different! Welcome.

Aaron

culcune
08-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Gary, hello from Yuma, AZ. I have an '06 Alpine (Jetmoto). I wanted the new orange colored Jetmoto, but they wanted $1499 for it. I asked about their Ebay bikes for $999, and those were their Alpines. So far, so good. Converting the kph's into mph's is one thing to do to keep busy on trips. ("Okay, it says about 50 km's, rounded down to 48, divided by 5/8, gives me 30 mph in a 45 zone. No wonder that desert rat in a clapped out '88 Bronco is tailgating me....")