PDA

View Full Version : egr valve

darkiller888
04-20-2007, 01:59 PM
i took the hoses off my bike and it seems to run better. the hose that connects to the side of the motor , i started it up without it being plugged and it runs through the exaust but i crimped the tube and put it back on and it definetly has a lot more balls the throttle seems to be a lot touchier and i will probably get some more compression on my rds-200.

liverchip
04-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Yes...most of us have disabled or removed that system with good results.

fishman
07-23-2007, 11:54 AM
can any one tell me if taking this stuff of will actually help and do i leave the crankcase breather on ,but take everything else off

ejcycles
07-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Leave the crankcase breather alone! Do Not plug it or remove it.

fishman
07-23-2007, 01:06 PM
will i need to change the needle/clip height or carb setting ??? cause the burn on the plug was a perfect light tan before????I also cannot get any play in the clutch cable ,both adjustments are bottomed out ,bike is brand new will it get better.????

ejcycles
07-24-2007, 09:25 AM
fishman
What make bike do you have?
Yes you will need to re-adjust your carburetor, but I can't tell you what to re-adjust it to because I don't know where you live and what your altitude is.
The clutch cable you have on the bike may be too short that's why you don't have any free-play. Will it get better... yes as the clutch plates wear but it may take quite a while. Your best bet is to get a longer clutch cable, but since I don't know what ends are on yours I can't help there would need pics.

fishman
07-24-2007, 12:19 PM
i have the orion or viva 250 dirtbike ,and now the seals on the upside down forks are leaking badly and of course no help from the internet site i bought it ,except to sell me new forks or sell me fork seals which are backordered from china, Bike is 3 days old.

frostbite
07-24-2007, 02:45 PM
i have the orion or viva 250 dirtbike ,and now the seals on the upside down forks are leaking badly and of course no help from the internet site i bought it ,except to sell me new forks or sell me fork seals which are backordered from china, Bike is 3 days old.

This post has nothing to do with the current discussion thread. Please limit discussion to the topic at hand (EGR valve) or start a new thread.

Thanks,