PDA

View Full Version : Need Help ASAP

Gator
02-13-2011, 01:57 PM
I need exploded views of a CG 250cc engine broke down. I cannot find any service manuals. It is a 2007 Hensim 250 with a CG 230cc engine. I attached a photo that is as close as mine. http://www.buyatvsonline.com/cg250-vertical-engine-information-here-p-11501.html
Problem is when turning engine over and valve cover off top of motor and thumb covering plug hole, there are times when compression stops and pushrods are not moving and then pushrods starts moving and then there it blows my thumb off plug hole.
Also when no compression it makes the most awful sqeauling sound from inside the motor.
Hope someone can help me out with this.
Many thanks in advance, Gator.
[/img]

FastDoc
02-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Mmmmm.

Sorry to hear aout your troubles.

I don't have a diagram per se, although one of our members might, but I can give you a direction to look.

These motors are based on some obscure Honda pushrod engine from the 80's. It may be the same one in a bike called the Reflex but I don't know. If you can find the (200cc I believe) Honda engine, you would have found the diagram you need.

In any event it sounds like you've had a significant failure. It may be something as simple as a bent pushrod or a bad rocker arm. You may get lucky and not have to remove the motor to repair it. I think you have something wront with the camshaft drive gears. :?:

I'm many cases a replacement motor is a (semi)cheap and easy solution...

Weldangrind
02-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Welcome Gator!

I don't have an exploded view of that engine, but I have a few questions. When you talk about turning the engine over, do you mean with the starter or the kicker? If you're experiencing the problem with the electric start, does the problem exist with the kicker?

The good news is that compression seems to be correct, which tells me that the reciprocating and cam assemblies are intact. My guess is that there is a starter engagement problem.

ejcycles
02-13-2011, 05:11 PM
These motors are based on some obscure Honda pushrod engine from the 80's. It may be the same one in a bike called the Reflex but I don't know. If you can find the (200cc I believe) Honda engine, you would have found the diagram you need.

The Honda Reflex Scooter was a horizontal OHC engine. Not the same at all.

Honda, Did Not Ever make a 200cc or 250cc vertical push-rod engine of this style.

The only push-rod engine Honda makes today are in their 4-Wheelers 250cc & up. They are transverse mounted engines (in the quad), because they run the drive shaft directly off of the countershaft, and use internal gearing to run the 4x4 models for the other drive shaft.

With the Honda engine sitting on a bench & standing behind it as a normal mounted engine would sit, the engine's camshaft sits behind the cylinder and is run by a chain off the crankshaft. The cam, cam gear & chain are (accessed) on the clutch side of the engine. The push-rods are in the back side of the cylinder & head. I'm referring to the TRX250EX to keep this simple.
The 200cc & 250cc engine that you guys call a Lifanoid is completely different styled cam & push-rod set-up. On these engines the camshaft sits on the left side of the engine right below the cylinder and is run gear to gear from the crankshaft. The two push-rod cup rocker arms are located in the left side of the cylinder and run off of one cam lobe. The push-rods run through the cylinder & head to the push-rod rockers in the head, on the left side of the engine.

As far as an engine break down or service manual there are none that I know of. I know the above information because I have completely torn down, repaired/rebuilt both a TRX250EX & a Lifan 200 engine.