PDA

View Full Version : No replies for stator gasket? Who is the Moderator?

nukeman99
02-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Not really sure whats up with no replies, but i am in need of a stator gasket for an 06 zongshen 250gs. cAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE? This is the 2nd post and the first with 46 views? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FastDoc
02-28-2011, 10:30 PM
I don't know where Spud is, indeed I am concerrned and have emailed him on his personal email with no reply. :cry:

FastDoc
02-28-2011, 10:30 PM
If you need one now jusy save the time and shipping charges and get one from Yamaha.

nukeman99
02-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Yamaha? What would i ask the dealership... being they dont sell zongshen... is zongshen a knockoff of yamaha? Thanks for your help Doc..

FastDoc
02-28-2011, 10:51 PM
"I need a gasket for a Yamaha 250. It looks like this". Then show them the cover. I KNOW it's a clone, but I honestly don't know which model or year range. It might be an SRX250, or maybe a ATV? Warrior?

FastDoc
02-28-2011, 11:25 PM
OK I did a little research. I'm 99% sure its the same as a TW200, any year.

FastDoc
03-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Call Zongshen tomorrow in Miami. Phone number is (305) 500-9989. I believe the guy to talk to is Manny.

Keep us informed...

nukeman99
03-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks Doc, i will and for the information. Im so ready to ride it, but its throwing oil from the stator. will keep you informed...

SpudRider
03-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Thanks for you help, Doc; I have been preoccupied for the last few days. :)

Bobby, I just sent you a personal message; I hope the information I sent you helps you to acquire your stator gasket. :) Hoping to assist others, I will repeat some of the information I sent you in this post. ;)

Getting parts from Zongshen America has always required persistence, and patience. When I became a Zongshen parts vendor, I hoped the process for ordering parts could be expedited. However, I have discovered the process has not become any easier. Therefore, I have decided to discontinue being a Zongshen Parts vendor. ;)

However, you can still order parts from Zongshen America yourself. :) I encourage you to send an email, and make a telephone call contacting Manny at Zongshen America. The telephone number is 305-500-9989. If your parts order is not processed promptly, I encourage you to continue contacting Zongshen until you get your parts. ;)

Zongshen parts are good quality, and very reasonably priced. :) However, I believe that Zongshen America is understaffed; therefore, you usually need to contact them several times before your parts order is completed. For this reason, it is always good to anticipate your parts needs whenever possible, and keep essential, spare items on hand, such as brake pads, CDI units, et cetera. ;)

Spud :)

bigheavy150
03-05-2011, 03:46 PM
How good are you with an "exact o knife"?

you can make your own gaskets from cereal boxes or from special material from any automotive/ hardware store. ask for "gasket sheets" or something similar they will know what you need. probably a fiber (paperish) gasket

You can trace the stator cover onto the sheet. Or trace the old gasket, or whatever way you feel is best for precision.

then you nust need a TON of patience to get it perfect then, your done.

put it on,and ride!