PDA

View Full Version : Roketa....Eagle???!@#

kidsquad
04-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Anyone that feels compelled to help a newbie?
I bought an Eagle 110cc quad from ebay, only to find out it is from AA Scooters, aka BargainQuads.com,aka???? I can't get a straight answear from anyone. usaatvs.com sells these as well. They call my model the Dragon 100.
What is going in here 8O
This looks like a Roketa with a few minor changes, and was curious if anyone here could help me out.
Thanks

liverchip
04-26-2007, 12:30 AM
The kid's quad scene can be difficult. There are many importers and dealers which seem to have their own brand or badgings. The Roketas are among the more popular. Some others include Redcat, Jackel, and Kazuma. For the most part the kids quads out there seem to use the same basic horizontal motor design cloned from Honda and now popularized and manufactured largely by Lifan and Zongshen. The displacement of these little powerplants can vary from 90cc to as large as 125-130cc with mods, but simply put they are a single cylinder overhead cam normally aspirated with a slide carb. The trannys on these little beasties are normally a 3 speed with reverse auto clutch design. Once you get under the plastics, the frames are pretty similar, as are some of the major components. The keys to successfully running one of these little quads is prep and knowing who has compatible parts. I personally own a 110 Kazuma Falcon that I've found to be virtually bulletproof. Culcune knows the chinabike/quad scene much more than I and I'm sure he will chime in with anything I've misrepresented or left out;}. If you've never owned a bike or a chinabike then I'd recommend going through a good dealer.

liverchip
04-26-2007, 12:33 AM
Since it looks like you've purchased already, prep is the key. Many of the same steps listed in the DS Prep thread apply. Photos will help us out as well.

kidsquad
04-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the info. I am a mechanic so not afraid to turn a wrench in my spare time. I just hope parts are not a problem. I do plan on checking all hardware when it arrives, and maybe even adding some locknuts or lockwashers were needed :)

liverchip
04-26-2007, 10:41 PM
You're better off Loctiting them as well.

jenny
05-10-2007, 02:16 PM
went to usaatv and the quad looks like a decent one. If you need parts I have found a great site www.scooterparts4less.com they have pictures and it is very easy to navigate the site.

kidsquad
05-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks jenny,
That might come in handy some day, later rather than sooner I hope :)

kidsquad
05-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Well.........................
Three hours use later and already have some issues.
First of all, can't get the mixture set, spark plug stays black. It runs fine, but if I try to go full throttle from stop it fades out. If the choke is 1/4 closed or so it runs great from dead stop, but even after adjusting the mixture and idle I can't get it dialed in.
Second, front suspension not the greatest design as far as the bottom spindle mount goes. Both sides have a stripped thread, so will either replace or rebuild and beef up a little bit.
Also, I have had to tighten up the chain twice already, and hope that it is just normal break in and not stretching that much. I use a good heavy chain lube, so it is not that it is dry.

Other than these minor issues, the kids LOVE it, and I don't mind tinkering with stuff as long as it don't cost an arm and a leg

ejcycles
05-13-2007, 05:12 PM
kidsquad
Chains pretty much are junk on almost all of the Chinese stuff, all companies put some cheap stuff on to cut costs.....others put a lot of cheap stuff on to really cut costs.
Go out and get a good D.I.D. chain for the quad...count your links, just remember each inner & outer are considered a single link.

frostbite
05-14-2007, 08:41 AM
First of all, can't get the mixture set, spark plug stays black. It runs fine, but if I try to go full throttle from stop it fades out. If the choke is 1/4 closed or so it runs great from dead stop, but even after adjusting the mixture and idle I can't get it dialed in.

I'd bet money you need to adjust the c-clip in the carb. Instructions are here (/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=3).