PDA

View Full Version : First ride.

thunderhorse
04-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Well I picked up my new lf200-gy mon night and spent the entire evening assembling, prepping, and nut n' bolting the thing. The next evening I double cheked my work and rolled it outside. (was in my kitchen) I had drained the Chinese's poor excuse for oil, put in some good Valvoline wet-clutch specific 10w40. (Conventional for break in) I sprayed the tank with brake cleaner, and let it drain from the petcock. Put some fuel in it, ran some of it out as well. Then I filled the tank and mounted up. Suprisingly, it started on the second try. It fluttered a little, working out all the air, then stabilized and idled at 1500. I revved it to about 2500 and held it there a while to break in the cam, then I took off. I rode up and down the street a few times, made a trip around the block and in the back lot. Then it startrd to rain, so I rolled it back in. Yesterday was too stormy, so I spent my evening re-checking all the fasteners, oil level, chain and so on. So I just came in from a 10 min ride...once again too cold and rainy. So, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day I can enjoy it. The PROPER MCO should be in soon, so I can do all this legally and actually ride up town.

Jim
04-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Congrats on the new ride

ambassador
04-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Pics!!!!!

liverchip
04-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Nice work on the prep! Gratz!