PDA

View Full Version : 1st start after winter help = QLink Legacy 250

wvcruffler
05-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Howdy all!

Having a bit of trouble getting her started. Last winter it fired right up in spring. This winter no. I sprayed some carb cleaner in the spark plug hole and it fired briefly and then dies. Almost smacks of a fuel delivery issue. This is the same as a CF Moto V5. Please and thank you for help troubleshooting.

Phil

Weldangrind
05-11-2011, 09:02 PM
It's time to remove the carb, dismantle it and clean it, Phil. There isn't likely to be a shortcut.

FastDoc
05-11-2011, 11:16 PM
I agree it is a fuel issue. Did you put Stabil min the fuel system before storage?

wvcruffler
05-20-2011, 09:46 PM
I agree it is a fuel issue. Did you put Stabil min the fuel system before storage?

No and yes - clogged jet. Although there was a fuel filter there the old gas clogged up the carb. i was sure it was a fuel delivery issue. The kicker is the dealership charged more than a new carb would have cost me. Well, chalk that one up to experience.

Phil

FastDoc
05-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Stabil is a wise move every winter. I use it in everything from my chainsaw to my boat. Even though the bikes run all year, I use it in the wintertime just in case they sit too long.

countrycruiser
05-22-2011, 06:32 PM
I would also suggest a spark plug change. I use NKG # DPR7AE-9 gapped at 0.32. Although my wifes V5 fired right up, it didn't really run all that well until I did. I always fill both of our bikes up with gas in the winter, put in some staybil and ride for a few miles in order to get it throughout the carb. Then in the spring, I'll squeese in as much fresh 93 octane as I can. Just a suggestion.