PDA

View Full Version : Zongshen Sierra 200 engine wanted

bones33
06-07-2011, 07:48 PM
My engine is making a ticking sound that I think might be a rod bearing. I've spent so many years around water cooled bikes it might just be my imagination though. Valves are adjusted correctly and it's not the timing chain.

Anyway does anyone know of a good entire sierra 200 motor to swap in? As the china bikes are so inexpensive I thought it might be a better way than taking the motor apart for inspection/repair.

I'd also consider a Yamaha motor but I'd kind of like to keep it as original as possible.

Please PM me on this board. Thanks!

Weldangrind
06-08-2011, 02:19 AM
I'd also consider a Yamaha motor but I'd kind of like to keep it as original as possible.

The irony in that statement gave me pause. :lol: Since the Zong is copied from a Yamaha, it would seem that a Yamaha motor would be the ultimate in origin.

I hope you find one. I'd like to find a Zong motor for a project I have in mind.

bones33
06-17-2011, 02:55 PM
W&G, seems the rod is making a racket. From what I hear these are noisy engines though. Called Zongshen today. They sell the entire crank with rod and all bearings for $90. They don't sell new motors, just parts.

Maybe this will be an opportunity to crack the case and inspect everything while blueprinting and doing a high-velocity intake port modification.

Since the engines are known to make alot of clatter, I'll assume everything is OK and keep on ridin'. I've been anal about oil changes and valve clearances so it's probably my overly concerned side coming out.