PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd share....

2LZ
06-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Of course....the Q Link is the only 'legal to own and ride on the street' China bike here in the PRK, so far...and it normally wouldn't be a problem with DMV......UNLESS THE GUY WHO FILLED OUT YOUR PURCHASE PAPERWORK HAS SUCH BAD HANDWRITING, DMV CAN'T READ IT CORRECTLY! 8O

As you know, Mrs 2LZ surprised me with the Q on my birthday. Unfortunately, my normal CB Guy (Doug) was out of town so he has a regular backup friend running the show. Great guy! Honest!....but his scribble had to be so illegible, they misspelled my last name and it was the wrong year bike, when my pink arrived in the mail! Well, ok...it could have been the state worker too. I am one. I've seen it happen. Anyway.....

So....I got online, printed out the DMV correction form, did what they said by correcting the pink, completed the form and sent the whole package back in....

2 weeks later....I get it back....THEY WANT A VIN VERIFICATION! :x
It's not like I'm trying to sneak anything through the system! It's a legal bike! Now it's just not a nuisance....it's turned into a complication. Time off work, make the appointment at DMV, etc...etc....

I went back and fully reread the form..."completed by a DMV inspector, certified auto verifier or a law enforcement officer".
Or a law enforcement officer!? :D I work for Fish and Game! :D I contacted our Lt.....he said bring it in. He'd be more than happy to complete the form for me! So...I brought in the Q and paperwork and it went just fine and most importantly, no time off work for DMV....fingers crossed! :D

I just can't believe all this happened, most likely because of scribble! :?

Weldangrind
06-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Bummer about the handwriting. That's why I print everything. Nobody can read my handwriting.

Good news on the workaround. :D

FastDoc
06-14-2011, 11:55 AM
No one can read my writing. My typing is no bargin either.

To be honest I'd have been pretty irritated, but knowing how hard the DMV in Kalifornia is to work with I'd have been &^%$.

Now I'd worry they will change their minds about the plate...

SpudRider
06-18-2011, 03:56 AM
You've just got to love those PRK, DMV Nazis! :evil: I walked out of the Idaho DMV with my Zong's license plate after ten minutes. :) My Christian brother, Andy, got a license plate for his dirt bike in about ten minutes; he didn't even need to bring his Yamaha TT-R225 to the DMV! 8O

Spud :)

2LZ
06-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Unbelievable! I got the corrected 'pink' in the mail Friday....with corrected registration cert to carry on the bike.....in a BLISTERINGLY FAST turnaround time for our DMV! :D
Will Wonders Never Cease! :D

Weldangrind
06-19-2011, 02:49 AM
Good news! We're not getting anything in the mail in Canada. Bloody postal strike.