PDA

View Full Version : Giobikes - E scooter (second speed won't engage)

J-Lu
06-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Hello ChinaRiders! I've recently encountered a weird problem with my E-bike, it won't engage from speed 1 (Which seems to go about 10 - 15km/h) to speed 2 (which theoretically should be 20 - 25km/h).
The problem started after I took the rear wheel due to a flat which I went to get repaired, once I re-installed the wheel and everything the bike no longer engaged into it's second speed (which is controlled by a tiny green button on the handles) I'm no electronics expert so I decided to post here to seek advice.

Weldangrind
06-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Welcome!

I moved your thread to the Electrics section for you. I worked on one Gio electric scooter, but I haven't removed the rear wheel yet. I know that there's a connector on the controller that can eliminate the low speed. It took some playing around, but I eventually found it.

It now has high speed only and works great. Maybe that would work for you.

J-Lu
06-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the advice, however.. how would I go about doing what you've suggested? When I took a look at the motor and everything, it all made me extremely confused, It's not nearly as familiar to me as a standard engine.

Weldangrind
06-14-2011, 11:53 PM
IIRC, the controller is under the seat. Look for a connector that doesn't have many wires (I can't remember the number of wires or colours). Unplug one connector and twist the throttle. If there is no change, plug the connector back in and try another. That's how I did it.