PDA

View Full Version : Finally went and got a PA state inspection.

Penguini66
05-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Friday, I took a few hours personal time and finally got around to making my bike legal. I went to the Polaris/Victory/Vespa shop down the street and asked for a state inspection. An hour and $21 later, I now have a shiny blue inspection sticker on my front left fork. I'm finally legal.

So if anybody is curious, it appears that a Lifan LF200GY-2, stock from the factory, will pass a PA state safety inspection. Although he did notify me that the VIN on my registration and insurance is off by one digit (one digit is missing). I'll have to verify this with my title and see what's up.

The reason I waited and never got the inspection last year was because I never had a working starter. I put a new battery in this spring and the starter worked great so I finally had it inspected. Funny thing is, after having it inspected on Friday, the starter (or battery...don't know right now) quit working Sunday night.

FYI: You have to have a working starter to pass PA inspection.

justjoe
05-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Wow

I didn't know that (and I probably should, I lived and rode in Philadelphia PA from '69 to '84

madmaximum
05-18-2007, 10:12 PM
I had to make 2 trips to the inspection station to get my Roketa to pass. The swingarm had too much play (I never checked it) the first trip. I shimmed it that night & took it back the next day & got my sticker.

newbie555
05-22-2007, 06:59 AM
I just ordered the roketa rjm-200e, do you know if it can be registered in PA. I really need help quick, thanks alot