PDA

View Full Version : Jerry's new ride!

FastDoc
06-23-2011, 01:02 PM
As I may have mentioned, Jerry has been developing some balance/confidence issues and after a lifetime on 2 wheels has decided to cash out and buy a trike.

This way he can keep rididng and remain active out on the road safely. He'd harly ridden in the last 5 years or so due to these issues and his bikes just sat. He did a partial trade of his '10 Electra-Glide for this '11 Tri-Glide and he seems happy. I hope he rides this one!

He's having some problems passing the written test and I'm helping him study and prepare. Three wheeled machines in Washington require a special endorsement. Seeing how DIFFERENT these animals are from cars or bikes I think that's a reasonable requirement.

I rode this thing a bit yesterday and can report it rides more like and ATV or a snowmobile than a motorcycle. Very odd. Not bad, just different.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/maule/6-25.jpg

FastDoc
06-23-2011, 01:06 PM
In the background you can see his cool old Chevy (He doesn't drive it anymore either, it's been sitting collecting desert dust since last fall), and a bit of the BSA. :P

Weldangrind
06-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Many happy miles wished for your good friend Jerry. :)

2LZ
06-26-2011, 12:10 AM
That's great! :D My buddy has that EXACT same trike! 8O
He's a retired cop and a crash from way back has got his knees pretty trashed....even after surgeries, so he traded his Ultra for the trike.
He loves it. So far, only problem has been multiple failed trunk latches.

FastDoc
06-26-2011, 02:59 PM
They don't ride too smooth compared to a bike. Much like an ATV vs. a dirt bike. With 3 wife tracks to plan for there is pretty much no bump on the road you can avoid. It also pitches side to side on bumpy roads. Just the nature of the layout.

I'd sure take it if it was the only way to keep riding though!

With that said the Can Am Spyder is more my style. 8)

SpudRider
06-27-2011, 01:04 AM
I hope Jerry does well on his test. :) Please do keep us updated, Doc.

Spud :)