PDA

View Full Version : Campbell Lake or Duffy Lake?

Razzar
06-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Hello everyone, does anyone have any info on these riding areas.These lakes are close to Kamloops and i hear they have good riding.

Looking for some were to camp for a week with the kids and let them have some practice riding. Don,t want any Red neck area and from what i have read online it seems these to spots are fairly kid friendly

Thanks

Weldangrind
06-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Welcome!

I haven't ridden in either of those areas, but I'd sure like to.

As an alternative, you can buy a FVDRA family membership for $75.00, and it includes unlimited camping and access to the riding area at Nickelmine. The trails there go on for days. :D

Razzar
06-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Would i be able to get my class c motorhome up there with a trailer ,with the atv's on it?

Weldangrind
06-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Several people have. I'd love to get a Class C just for that reason. Robin, the club President has one; you could always contact him through the FVDRA forum and ask him about it. www.fvdra.com

midlifekrisiz
06-28-2011, 10:11 AM
yes this is a great area to take kids IMHO gated and everyone is freindly and no one 4x4ing.

We took our grandson there and he had a blast and soon will be taking my son there as well.

Weldangrind
06-28-2011, 10:24 AM
I haven't come across any yahoos there either. It's a family oriented place with a gated entrance. It's nice to go riding for the day and not be concerned about your stuff.

midlifekrisiz
07-01-2011, 10:08 AM
did you ever get the info you needed?

sent you a pm but you have not responded

Razzar
07-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes i did get the info, thanks everyone for your help and thanks midlifecrisis i did get the message.Have been busy finishing my trailer so i could tow everything next weekend

The nicklemine site sounds like what we are looking for. Going to look into that some more

thanks again

northerndad
09-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I lived in Lillooet for a few months this year, and there is a ton of amazing trails in that area. Look on Google earth, you can see a number of ridge lines that you can ride.

The locals are generally unwelcoming to be honest, but the land there is phenomenal. A lot of cool spots. Locals are tired of crazies tearing up the land, so ride respectfully and you'll have a blast -if you head up that way. There are a number of deactivated roads too on your way up to duffy lake - locals told me there is one on the right as you head up the crazy mountain pass out of lillooet (south, toward whistler) - if you take it you end up at an amazing bluff overlooking seton lake.