PDA

View Full Version : Will A genuine Honda cg engine fit in a skyjet 125

flameit
08-14-2011, 04:27 AM
Hi,

After 15,000 miles i think my engine is on the way out. started with a slight rattling sound on slowing down now its almost louder than the engine. with the bike out of gear pushing forward the drive sprocket actually judders to a clicking noise in the gearbox. i assume this means that a baring in the box is collapsing. so sampler to replace the engine. for 2 reasons. 1, All egos aside is the genuine Honda engine stronger/more reliable than the chines copy version (i do 30,000miles a year on a 125, mostly at max speed) and 2, according to the tech specs the copy engine is 9.?hp and a late model Honda engine is 11bhp. the extra power would be handy. there the same price on ebay to a new Chinese one i take it it should fit without any prob.

humanbeing
08-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Direct Fit BUT "Brazil" quality NOT as good as made in Japan era.
Skyjet is typical export "assambler" that out-source engine & NO "reputation" inside China at ALL . :oops:
30,000miles a year w/o hassle IS norm for those "soild" (par to Honda quality) brands according to those "moto taxi" drivers in China.
-
8 yr 300+K km "taxi" :P http://www.motoyes.net/BBS/thread-349880-1-1.html made by Lifan's Guangdong factory
"Bottom" NEVER opened/ New meter @ every 100k / piston & rings changed serveal times b4 the 2nd barrel @ 300k