PDA

View Full Version : Finaly got 'er dirty (day trip on the FSR)

Jim
05-14-2007, 12:38 AM
Had a nice day out on the FSR, met up with a group from the dualsportbc website, headed out to east harrison, was alot of fun... Didn't get to make it as far in as we'd like because it is mothers day and had to head back early.

There was alot of bikes there (maybe 20?), only 2 chinese (me and my dad). Lots of pictures...

http://chinariders.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=4693&g2_fromNavId=x1428ddbd

Our bikes did great... My lisence plate snapped off and we didn't notice, had to go back and find it... But it isn't really the bikes fault, I knocked it over doing an oil change and the plate landed on my leg, so it was bent, I bent it straight, then I curved it a bit to stop rattling... so it was abused prior to this. Other then that my dad had one bolt come loose from the skid plate, but we got it.

Everyone we rode with seemed like a great group.

EDIT: whoops, put this in the wrong spot, frostbite, can you please move this to ride reports?

Ridgeline
05-14-2007, 01:26 AM
Hey Jim nice pics!! Can you give us some sort of insight on the reaction of the other DS'ers when you showed up with China bikes good or bad and what was their thought at the end of the day? I would like to hear some reaction that this sort of group would have with all those big name bikes under their butts!

Jim
05-14-2007, 01:38 AM
Well, I had warned them ahead of time ;) but they seemed ok with it, they didn't really appear to turn up thier noses at them or anything, they were all very nice people... Didn't really get to talk to any of them at the end of the day though, we left a bit early for a mothers day dinner.

ImEazy
05-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Wow that scenery is beautiful. Looks like a great time. Thanks for sharing. :D

molypod
05-14-2007, 07:31 PM
That's a great ride Jim!

I was up there early November last year shortly after I got my bike. My buddy and I went to the old airstrip and had a late lunch by the lake then drove home. Living in the wack we took our bike the whole way with only a short; Sardis exit till Annis rd ride on the highway.
We're planning a late spring/ early summer trip up there again with a couple others (dirt bikes & quads). This will be an overnight trip over big silver/kookipi/nathatlach to North Bend( Boston Bar) and back the next day.

sheadouglas
05-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey, my tag fell off the same dang way!

Jim
05-14-2007, 10:34 PM
@Molypod, that sounds like a good trip, we didn't get to make it too far in as we had to head back for a mothers day dinner.

@Sheadouglas, don't worry, it's not just a china bike thing, a short time before we saw mine had fallen off we saw another guy with his upside down because it had done the same thing.

It's kind of a kick in the teeth though, because we have to pay $18 for our plates, and now to get a new one, I have to give this back, and buy the new one... I think if I give it back they owe me a refund, but I guess it's hard to negotiate with the government... It is only 18 dollars, but it's the principle :P

FMYStreetRacer
05-15-2007, 11:53 PM
nice pics and man that looked like fun. i love the water going down the rocks you were climbing. water crossings are my favorite b far. looks like you had a great time.

TheOtherRide
05-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Beautiful! Thanks, Jim!

Jim
05-16-2007, 12:45 AM
@Pauli, your welcom :)

@FMYStreetRacer, yeah those parts were fun, it doesn't look very steep in the pictures I didnt think, but you did see it was a hill so thats good :)

Jim
05-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Part 2, actually got it dirty this time (I wiped off my brake and signal lights before I left for safety, everything else is very brown, wtih the exception of some of the higher up red stuff)

Went out to the West Harrison FSR this time, only 3 bikes this time. Both guys were nice, didnt pick on the bike even. They had 650 suzuki's

/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=5077&g2_serialNumber=2

More pictures:
http://chinariders.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=5050

MOTOXtreme
05-22-2007, 11:48 PM
They had 650 suzuki's I believe I could crop out the "other" :D bike and make one heck of a cover page for a brochure with that pic. Looks like fun to me!

Jim
05-23-2007, 01:34 AM
I didn't take the picture (as I am on the bike), but I dont think the guy who took it would care... Though I never mentioned to him I was copying it, I am sure it was assumed...

Although (if there was any seriousness in that), what would the brochure be for? It looks like a gy2 from the front, but its actually a gy 5 (I swapped fenders and headlight surround (to loose the 5))

MOTOXtreme
05-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh, no. I was just kidding. I thought the pic looked neat though.

TheOtherRide
05-24-2007, 06:08 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k201/theotherride/Bike/Jimsmall.png

:wink:

AZ200cc
05-25-2007, 02:10 AM
Nice job Otherride 8)

MOTOXtreme
05-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Now thats exactly what I'm talking about. :mrgreen:

TheOtherRide
05-25-2007, 12:02 PM
<sigh> It would be SOOOO much better if I had Photoshop instead of Paint! But it is a really cool pic with lots of possibilities, especially if you have a hi-res version...how come you Lifan dealers haven't snapped it up? :D

shammash55
05-25-2007, 06:33 PM
nice pict, good work otherride, that looks kool.

Jim
05-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Oh, no. I was just kidding. I thought the pic looked neat though.

Thats what I figured ;) but yeah, my bike from the front looks like a gy2, and a gy5 from the side ;)

Nice picture Pauli :P