PDA

View Full Version : new to the china bike scene

05-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Hello all . I am semi new to the china bike scene . I used to work at a PEP BOYS in Pensacola , FL . We sold the pantera (?) 125 dirt bikes . I never bought one because I always wanted a bike I could also ride on the road . I now live in Winona , Ms and I purchased a HI-BIRD GY200 from RPM in Grenada , MS . I must admit I love the bike . I rides alot like the old dirt bikes I am used to riding in the past and it is a very forgiving bike . I do wish you get get more mainstream aftermarket parts for it though (DG pipes , Weisenco pistons , taller rear shocks and forks ) stuff like that . You would think as more commen these bikes are becoming , that the aftermarket world would wake up and say " hey theres money here to be made " . But at 70+ mpg I really am not complaining specially since I can ride the bike everyday to work and still hit the trails on my day off .

maf119l
05-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Welcome.Another Mississipian.Were gaining.Bought my gy-5 from Tom.Happy with bike and deal i got from Tom.

RPM
05-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the group and glad you are getting some good use from the new bike!

Guys and gals, I told bechandler07 about this forum a while back as he was very interested in the bikes and their performance. He later came back and bought his Hi-Bird bike from me and the rest is history.

This forum has a lot of great stuff to go through that will pertain to your bike and if you have any questions, spit it out and someone here will take care of it if I don't get to it first.

Good to see you on board! :wink: Ride safe!

TheOtherRide
05-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Congrats & welcome!

ejcycles
05-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi bechandler07

Welcome to ChinaRiders!! Congrats on the bike from RPM...he told me when you purchased it.
As far as aftermarket parts go, everyone is going to be waiting a while. Speaking from an old fart with 35 years in the motorcycle industry, you may be waiting up to another 5 years for aftermarket parts for these bikes. Aftermarket parts didn't really start coming out for the Japanese bikes untill the late 60's early 70's, almost 10 years after they where introduced to the American Market.
Why? You ask, because there are too many brands right now and some are definitely going to go to the wayside. The people that run the aftermarket industry are smarter {somewhat} now than they where. If you look, you'll see very few aftermarket parts for a bike that only runs for a couple of years than before. The 70's was Hot for aftermarket parts, the 80's & 90's where not. Until this settles down and there are only Good companies bringing in bikes there won't be aftermarket parts for them. Until then, we dealers and everyone else will be figuring out what parts are out there now that will fit these bikes, just like we are now.

shammash55
05-16-2007, 09:06 PM
welcome.hope you have fun.

Deon
04-19-2020, 10:31 AM
Hello everyone just bought a new SSR Buccaneer 250 AND need to know where to get parts? Thanks for any help you can give.

culcune
04-19-2020, 11:49 AM
Thanks for introducing yourself on an old, old thread. As one of the ancient members here, this brought back memories! As far as the Buccaneer, if you search through the 'Street' section, there are a couple, or at least one, relatively recent threads on your bike. Since the bike itself is marketed as an 'Italjet' brand in some countries, you can source parts internationally.

Deon
04-20-2020, 10:16 AM
Thank you