PDA

View Full Version : 250cc 2 cyl Dinamo chopper.

bigheavy150
09-01-2011, 11:37 PM
I hada chance to get one for 3000 pesos (~275 usd) needed all the little things, rusted tank, new chain and sprockets, wiring was scary looking, lots of rust and broken things.

I know i could double my $ but i just dont have any to use..

Weldangrind
09-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Sounds just like my Craigslist shopping adventures. I see far too much that I like, but precious little that I should buy.

katoranger
09-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Keep your money. Find a simpler project.

bigheavy150
09-04-2011, 02:00 AM
a friend of mine already got it. starter does not engage, it has a chain from starter to flywheel and the engaging mechanism is behind flywheel....wierd.

Jumped the battery and everything turns on and works. IDK about spark. EVERY single wire has been cut and spliced (muy poorly) 2 or more times its a nightmare. but would be a very cool bike around here.....

bigheavy150
09-04-2011, 02:12 AM
The plugs looked fine, a little black but probably from cloged air filter but maybe bad rings/blowby.

this is my new buisness partners bike. he knows little about mechanics but is a good welder and has a big shop with snapon tools(something you dont see AT ALL here in Mexico.)Im the mechanic/part hunter (100peso per hour mechanic 50 peso/h delivery). already have had 7 motos come in and 3 go out in 3 days. moped with locked rear brake,honda with electrical problems, and a chinese quad "gorilla" with a ton of problems but no $$ so i "just made it run" :lol: and he is welding quad racks and metal doors. We want ro start making fiberglass bodypartts/repairs....

I think we hit jackpot, tons of motos here and the owners dont even think of changing the oil untill its 5 years old.......

Weldangrind
09-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Wow! Are most of the motos Chinese? If so, it might be worthwhile to buy a few complete engines to have for sale. It would certainly be faster than tearing engines down for rebuild.