ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Templar X 250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30518)

Discoveror 11-18-2023 07:46 PM

current shipping conditions?

In what condition are current Templar X shipping containers arriving?

Earlier, it looked like some R&L shipping employees were fond of damaging the shipping containers. Has that been rectified?

Does Amazon use a different shipper for XPro fulfillment than R&L shipping? ... or are Amazon orders drop-shipped from XPro, using R&L shipping, as usual/before?

Williston 11-18-2023 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discoveror (Post 401845)
In what condition are current Templar X shipping containers arriving?

Earlier, it looked like some R&L shipping employees were fond of damaging the shipping containers. Has that been rectified?

Does Amazon use a different shipper for XPro fulfillment than R&L shipping? ... or are Amazon orders drop-shipped from XPro, using R&L shipping, as usual/before?

FWIW, mine was shipped by R&L the last week of Aug of this year, ordered on a Sunday and was delivered the next Friday with out issue or shipping damage, Texas to NY

Mikd 11-19-2023 09:24 AM

Mine made it from TX to NY as well without damage. It was R&L. This was last June.

Discoveror 11-21-2023 01:43 PM

??? Templar X specifications ???

Approximately how many rpm is the Templar X turning at 60 mph, using stock/oem sprockets? ... maybe 30 mph (in top gear), if it won't get to 60 mph on the stock/oem sprockets.

What is the Templar X front/rear suspension travel? ... maybe just measure the chrome portion of the forks?

Thanks in advance ...

Mikd 11-29-2023 01:58 PM

60mph is roughly 6500rpm and the bike tops out at about 73 with stock gearing. It will cruise happily at 60 but anything more and it's screaming. Suspension travel seems to be about 11.5 inches measuring to the dust ring on the tubes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discoveror (Post 401938)
Approximately how many rpm is the Templar X turning at 60 mph, using stock/oem sprockets? ... maybe 30 mph (in top gear), if it won't get to 60 mph on the stock/oem sprockets.

What is the Templar X front/rear suspension travel? ... maybe just measure the chrome portion of the forks?

Thanks in advance ...

Discoveror 11-29-2023 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikd (Post 402224)
60mph is roughly 6500rpm and the bike tops out at about 73 with stock gearing. It will cruise happily at 60 but anything more and it's screaming. Suspension travel seems to be about 11.5 inches measuring to the dust ring on the tubes.

Thanks - for taking the time to provide that, MikD; it provides insight into the bike design/purpose.

I've noticed that many trail/dirt bikes seem to be geared for about +/- 8,000 rpm @ 60 mph ... whereas dual-sports seem closer to +/- 6,000 rpm @ 60 mph.

11.5 inches suspension travel seem more like a trail/dirt bike; the popular dual-sports seem to offer ~7 - 10 inches.

Your measurements suggest something of a dual-sport/trail hybrid; interesting ...

GypsyR 11-30-2023 10:11 AM

I take mine as being an enduro with some street-legal stuff tacked onto it.

K'hermiit 12-01-2023 06:03 AM

My 2023 Templar X has 13/49 gears and 50 mph has it screaming along @ ~8.5-9k RPM.
I have a 40T rear to try, but I am on the dirt 90% of the time,so haven't done it yet.

Thumper 12-19-2023 05:26 AM

Adjustable advance CDI -DC or AC type

Has anyone tried the Leaping Knight 9 degree adjustable advance DC CDI unit. It is DC type CDI and probably works on the 6 speed Templar X.

I have an AC type CDI unit on my 5 speed, and the Naraku unit with the tiny flathead adjuster works great, but I don't know how advanced it is (continuous adjustment).

Either of these might work on your bike. You can check/verify which type your bike has. It's described in the Templar resource guide on post #9. If you get 12V power at the box when you turn the ignition to on position, you have a DC CDI.

rithac 12-19-2023 03:16 PM

I had 2 templar 250 X delivered via R&L from Powersportsmax in mid Nov 2023. They both arrived in pretty great shape both connected to the same pallet. The wooden pallet they arrived on was pretty trashed but mostly intact and I was pleased to find no damage issues to speak of with the crates they were packaged in or with the bikes themselves but they only shipped from a warehouse in Texas to my location in Central Arkansas.
You can see a few pictures of the crate condition here: https://www.chinariders.net/showthre...810#post402810

Mikd 12-21-2023 10:39 PM

So I recently switched to an o-ring chain, it certainly felt heavier than the stock chain. The bike seems slower, guessing the heavier chain is robbing some of those limited horses.

XLsior 12-21-2023 11:02 PM

O'ring chain will rob power compare to standard link...but it should break in after awhile.

If top speed is important probably not worth it over the maintenance savings.

Mikd 12-22-2023 06:34 AM

I'm going to look for a decent quality non o-ring and save this one as a backup. Just too much power loss and yes top speed was off dramatically (65-66 vs 73).

Quote:

Originally Posted by XLsior (Post 402851)
O'ring chain will rob power compare to standard link...but it should break in after awhile.

If top speed is important probably not worth it over the maintenance savings.

Thumper 12-22-2023 09:08 AM

I use a non-o ring chain. There is lots of friction in flexing an o ring chain. And standard chains are not expensive anyway. 20 hp isn't much. I need as much as I can transfer to the rear wheel!

buzz 12-23-2023 05:38 PM

I totally agree with Thumper,no o ring chain for me. Cheap bike cheap chain,makes since for me.