ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   New Zongshen RX3 (ZS250GY-3) Dual Sport (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13440)

Jay In Milpitas 04-14-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdAn82 (Post 251695)
I don't mean to hijack this thread with shipping complaints. Hopefully I'll have pictures of a delivery truck trying to squeeze into my tiny driveway soon!

Wishing you good luck. As for hijacking the thread, it's got over 5,300 posts. It's not a concern, really.

BlackBike 04-15-2017 12:11 AM

Adan..I would get in my pickup and get it. The longer they handle it and bump it around and transfer it, more chance of damages.

AdAn82 04-15-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 251813)
Adan..I would get in my pickup and get it. The longer they handle it and bump it around and transfer it, more chance of damages.

I asked if I could. Because it was still in the trailer and being delayed for unknown reasons, there was no way for me to go get it. I can't even go to the warehouse in Orlando where it is now. They're contracted for delivery to my address and can't deviate. Understandable, I suppose.

I've been assured that it will be here Monday though. So, we'll see! :shrug:

BlackBike 04-15-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdAn82 (Post 251865)
I asked if I could. Because it was still in the trailer and being delayed for unknown reasons, there was no way for me to go get it. I can't even go to the warehouse in Orlando where it is now. They're contracted for delivery to my address and can't deviate. Understandable, I suppose.

I've been assured that it will be here Monday though. So, we'll see! :shrug:

Thats ridiculous. You would thank that they would be happy to get rid of it and still get payed regardless.

AdAn82 04-17-2017 11:27 AM

It came!

4 Attachment(s)
Finally! It came! You can imagine my excitement when the shipper called and told me they were in the neighborhood.

And . . . then you can imagine my dismay when I found this -

This is exactly what it looked like when I climbed into the truck. I didn't touch the crate prior to the first picture.
That's just what I could see on this side. The delivery driver asked me why I would buy a used bike in such poor condition . . .

Refused delivery. Now we wait. Again.

DanKearney 04-17-2017 11:40 AM

You did the right thing by refusing delivery. Now it's up to CSC to send out a replacement and deal with the crappy shipper on this one. My personal experience with CSC makes me confident you'll be taken care of properly.

It really sucks having to wait.

Good Luck,

Dan K.

SpudRider 04-17-2017 12:43 PM

X2; you were wise to refuse shipment. I'm sure CSC will resolve the problem.

AdAn82 04-17-2017 12:54 PM

Now I get to go to the DMV and try to figure out how to unregister it . . . or transfer registration to a replacement . . . or . . . I don't know. I thought I was being proactive by getting my insurance and tax/tag/title set up before it got here. Now, that's going to be a new nightmare. How do I un-title a vehicle? Are they going to refund me for all of that? Do I have to pay tax again on a replacement?

Gaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

rjmorel 04-17-2017 02:14 PM

AdAn82, my heart really feels for you. What a disappointment. I've had similar things happen with machines bought on Ebay and shipped to me. I swear some people purposely try and destroy things the way they arrive all beat up they look like they've been thru a Demolition Derby , RJ

Sullybiker 04-17-2017 02:19 PM

That is absolutely disgraceful. I'm glad you refused it; CSC will make it right, I'm sure.

When I moved to the US I had several boxes shipped here, one of them contained some computer equipment which wasn't hugely expensive, and I took a lot of care to bubble wrap it all. Be that as it may, when it arrived it was very clear it had been dropped from a great height.

Sullybiker 04-17-2017 02:21 PM

I would wager that the delay for 'unknown reasons' was that they damaged it and were debating whether to try it on with you. Refusing it was absolutely the right thing to do.

fjmartin 04-17-2017 04:49 PM

Since you already registered it and paid taxes, maybe worth speaking with CSC to have them fix each and every damaged thing and then reship. My guess is it would take then but a few days to do it and then ship back to you.

2LZ 04-17-2017 05:02 PM

This is incredible. It makes the Samsonite Gorilla look gentle.

CSC will do you right. They've never failed anyone here, as I recall.

Color of the day 04-17-2017 08:18 PM

That sucks a big ol' pile of ding dongs. I just got word that my bike is coming in tomorrow 2 days early. I am out of town. I have informed my general contractor to call me when the shipment arrives.

I am going to have him inspect it before accepting the shipment.

ben2go 04-17-2017 08:19 PM

I would feel gutted and angry and hell.

dpl096 04-17-2017 08:54 PM

Fjmartin is correct...might very well be a hell of a lot easier to let Steve and Gerry fix this right and reship rather than going through the hassle of transferring tags and such...I agree with the others..full confidence in the Seidner Crew to make it right. These folks don't just talk about customer service...they actively practice it....just my opinion. Keep us up to date please....by the way.... The bike is worth the wait :tup:

rtking 04-17-2017 10:29 PM

IMO, that shipper just bought an RX3. Or their insurance company did. But you sure as heck shouldn't own it. That's absolutely disgraceful shipping as it seems really clear to me that the bike (and box) rolled off a pallet cart. There's no way that amount of damage could have occurred if loaded/unloaded property. And the delay in deliver has me thinking that the shipper knew all along that their handlers damaged it. Utterly unacceptable.

I know CSC will work to make things right for you, as they're excellent to deal with before, during AND after the sale. Great folks. But I'm completely dejected on your behalf just looking at those photos.

BlackBike 04-17-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullybiker (Post 252147)
I would wager that the delay for 'unknown reasons' was that they damaged it and were debating whether to try it on with you. Refusing it was absolutely the right thing to do.

You are correct

Quote:

Originally Posted by fjmartin (Post 252160)
Since you already registered it and paid taxes, maybe worth speaking with CSC to have them fix each and every damaged thing and then reship. My guess is it would take then but a few days to do it and then ship back to you.

I am thinking this is probably the best way foward

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtking (Post 252204)
IMO, that shipper just bought an RX3. Or their insurance company did. But you sure as heck shouldn't own it. That's absolutely disgraceful shipping as it seems really clear to me that the bike (and box) rolled off a pallet cart. There's no way that amount of damage could have occurred if loaded/unloaded property. And the delay in deliver has me thinking that the shipper knew all along that their handlers damaged it. Utterly unacceptable.

I know CSC will work to make things right for you, as they're excellent to deal with before, during AND after the sale. Great folks. But I'm completely dejected on your behalf just looking at those photos.

Tend to agree..mad as hell and don't want those damaged goods...BUT, I know CSC has the parts to erase EVERY scratch.

Only issue would be if there is SERIOUS geometry damage.

Man, we feel for you. KEEP SMILING BROTHER: :D

AdAn82 04-18-2017 01:39 AM

I'm leaning toward the repair-and-reship option.

For a few reasons:
1. The paperwork headache is something I really don't want to deal with.
2. As has been mentioned, CSC carries every single nut, bolt, panel and washer. And, through everything I've seen and read, I have zero doubt that they would be able to make it 100% new again.
3. Judging by the posts I've seen on here, I don't think there are even any more 2016 models left to exchange (Unless they want to ship me a 2017 . . . hmmmm).

I just worry about there being some hidden issues that don't make themselves known until it's much more inconvenient to address. As rtking said, it looks like the whole dang crate fell off of the truck. So, I'd be concerned about geometry issues and weak/broken mounts or welds.

I dunno. It's just one of those things where - I paid for a new bike. So, I want a new bike. It was part of the whole experience for me. Now I'm buying a used bike that's been dropped and repaired.

This is in no way a knock on CSC. And, I wish I could find someone to point the finger at . . . but, unless either RoadRunner or the regional logistics contractor out of Orlando fess up to it, I doubt I'll ever find out what actually happened.

Out of all of this . . . the one thing that still blows my mind . . . at no point did any driver, handler, warehouse manager, etc go "Hmm, this thing doesn't look right". They just sent it on through to my door.

And the driver had the audacity to get mad at me for refusing delivery. He literally said "I have 3 more stops to make. How am I supposed to unload my freight with this thing in the way?"

I dunno dude . . . sounds like a 'you' problem, not a 'me' problem.

All part of the adventure, I suppose!

AdAn82 04-18-2017 02:58 PM

I am absolutely astounded by the level of customer service CSC has shown me today.

Within 45 minutes of them opening this morning, not only had they returned my phonecall... but they gave me the VIN for the brand new RX3 they are sending me... THIS AFTERNOON.

The claim is being handled by their people and will be addressed accordingly. They are going to buy back the bike, so the titling issues are resolved.

I f***ing LOVE this company!!
:tup:

Oh, and I officially have the LAST 2016 CSC RX3.

rjmorel 04-18-2017 05:08 PM

Glad to hear CSC is on top of it AD. I was going to say if you revived the original one that at least you wouldn't have to stress over putting the first scratch on it. :doh: But this is way better to get a new one. :clap: Hope the carrier gets it to you all sparkly without any damage. rj

Color of the day 04-18-2017 08:20 PM

My bike came in today. I am in Nebraska and was not able to personally take delivery. My builder was able to take delivery for me. I told him to call me if he was going to refuse delivery. I explained the situation that occurred with the previous post.

I received no calls...I assume all is well. I'll have to wait until Tuesday to get my hands on it.

dpl096 04-18-2017 09:02 PM

I'm not shocked. These guys are the real deal. There are those out there that post nonsense about them but from my reading there are too many positive stories to discount these folks. They are building a reputation that's just fantastic.... Great products, superior service, tremendous people....
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdAn82 (Post 252322)
I am absolutely astounded by the level of customer service CSC has shown me today.

Within 45 minutes of them opening this morning, not only had they returned my phonecall... but they gave me the VIN for the brand new RX3 they are sending me... THIS AFTERNOON.

The claim is being handled by their people and will be addressed accordingly. They are going to buy back the bike, so the titling issues are resolved.

I f***ing LOVE this company!!
:tup:

Oh, and I officially have the LAST 2016 CSC RX3.

BlackBike 04-18-2017 11:38 PM

This ship to home is the hallmark of their business plan. Any issue that damages this reputation would be a major blow to their business. It's great that they are being proactive.

I wish they could go after those shippers and make them pay . The words of the driver are a direct reflection of that shipping company as a whole.

AdventureDad 04-18-2017 11:56 PM

Could you imagine the US economy if US companies offered even decent customer service? CSC should send Steve and Joe and the gang to lecture Ford, GM, GE, etc., et. al, how to deliver customer service, own mistakes, right wrongs, and treat their customers well.

It's ironic that we are all blown away (myself included) by the fantastic level of customer service that we should routinely get from most companies! I'd even be happy with mediocre customer service most days. Mostly, I'm used to the gum chewing, weave-twirling, Facebook "Liking", lol'ing, texting, I don't care, it's not my job, I have no knowledge in this field employee, who really doesn't care if I ever come back to purchase their product again.

AdventureDad 04-18-2017 11:57 PM

....there, I said it, USA companies...and I ain't takin it back!

Nevergiveup 04-19-2017 01:03 AM

I picked up my new RX3 yesterday from the regional shipper. It also had been damaged . Not as badly as AdAn82 thank goodness. Box punctured and crushed but only the middle brace was broken. The end braces weren't broken. I emailed CSC and they contacted me first thing this morning. They said to send pictures and that Steve would call and take care of it. I emailed pictures but never heard from them. I wondered why I didn't hear back but now I see that they were dealing with a much worse situation. Tough day for CSC. The mostly cosmetic damage to mine should be easily fixed, thank goodness. This shipper must have had a bad week or something.

AdventureDad 04-19-2017 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jontando (Post 252412)
You mean you "haven't heard back yet".

Never means never. Words are important.

Using that premise, should he need to change his screen name to : Haven'tgivenup?

Color of the day 04-19-2017 07:11 PM

I dodged a huge bullet. I spoke to my general contractor (I'm in the process of building a house) and he said the box had one small tear that looked like it was from a strap. He did a quick inspection and did not notice anything damaged and unloaded bike and placed it in my basement.

It has been there for two days now and my wife has not noticed the big ass box sitting in our basement. :thanks:

Color of the day 04-19-2017 07:22 PM

She found it. I am in Nebraska and got a nasty text.

SpudRider 04-19-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Color of the day (Post 252518)

:hehe:

BlackBike 04-20-2017 06:12 AM

Quote:

Because she probably thinks you just dumped $10k or more.

rtking 04-20-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

D'oh!

Maybe your contractor friend may need to load up the bike and send it to Nebraska where you are now (and may be for a bit longer?) :p

Just kidding! I'm sure your wife will be pleasantly surprised when she learns of the price and what a great deal it was! :)

Jay In Milpitas 04-20-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

When you get back home, I suggest simply showing her the life insurance policy that has her as beneficiary. Worked on my last wife.

timcosby 04-20-2017 10:12 PM

tell her its her anniversary gift and she spoiled the whole thing by finding it.

BlackBike 04-20-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas (Post 252696)
When you get back home, I suggest simply showing her the life insurance policy that has her as beneficiary. Worked on my last wife.

WOW, talk about sleeping with one eye open and griping your pillow tight.

Color of the day 04-21-2017 12:06 AM

I explained everything to her tonight over the phone. I've been watching this bike since they were introduced. I told her that I have saved money for this for two years (that is the truth).

She was concerned that it was going to affect our new construction. I told her it was not. I personally think she was more upset about the fact that it was sitting there for two days and she never noticed it.

I did explain how little it cost and why I pulled the trigger when I did. I never hide anything from her. I just do it and see how long it takes her to figure it out.;)

It's all good. I would never go out and drop 20K on a new BMW GS1200 Adventure and not tell her. That is a whole different ball game.

BlackBike 04-21-2017 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Color of the day (Post 252740)
I explained everything to her tonight over the phone. I've been watching this bike since they were introduced. I told her that I have saved money for this for two years (that is the truth).

She was concerned that it was going to affect our new construction. I told her it was not. I personally think she was more upset about the fact that it was sitting there for two days and she never noticed it.

I did explain how little it cost and why I pulled the trigger when I did. I never hide anything from her. I just do it and see how long it takes her to figure it out.;)

It's all good. I would never go out and drop 20K on a new BMW GS1200 Adventure and not tell her. That is a whole different ball game.

We accept your confession, now go fourth and ride. :yay:

Color of the day 04-21-2017 08:11 PM

I got home from Nebraska today. Ran downstairs to my basement and found my big box that my wife didn't notice for three days.

I took the side panel off and the bike looks great. I could not find my top box. I upgraded to the aluminum luggage and I cannot find my hand guards.

Does the top box get shipped separately?
Did they forget my hand guards?

Also - what is the best way to take the bike off the pallet?

Thanks.

Silversprint 04-21-2017 09:01 PM

My aluminum top box was in the crate. The handguards were inside it.
I just built a little ramp from a couple pieces of wood and rolled it off to the front.