ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Registration Issues (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Lost Title Workaround (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=12368)

katoranger 07-22-2018 08:36 AM

Still waiting. I expect something anytime.

cbrfxr67 07-22-2018 07:16 PM

Anxiously waiting to see how it goes

katoranger 07-23-2018 02:49 PM

My plate just arrived. They took my money. I am good until next July.

cbrfxr67 07-23-2018 03:08 PM

awesomesauce!

katoranger 08-02-2018 08:03 AM

I am expecting my actual registration card anytime now too.

Miss Mercedes 08-02-2018 11:40 PM

I have a friend who registered three scooters through VT. He specifically seeks out ones without titles because of it. :)

katoranger 08-12-2018 11:06 PM

I got the registration card. Totally legit now.

jhawk19 10-15-2018 09:32 AM

So this is working still? I thought I read somewhere that Vermont was "catching on" to this option and stopped by replying that they won't register "dirt bikes".

I'm in SC and this may be my only option as I don't have a title, MCO or bill of sale (as I type this). I asked the seller for the MCO and BOS, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

JerryHawk250 10-15-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhawk19 (Post 292512)
So this is working still? I thought I read somewhere that Vermont was "catching on" to this option and stopped by replying that they won't register "dirt bikes".

I'm in SC and this may be my only option as I don't have a title, MCO or bill of sale (as I type this). I asked the seller for the MCO and BOS, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

Be patient and wait for the MCO and BOS. It will make life easier. It shouldn't take more than a week after requesting it.

Essayons 10-15-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Mercedes (Post 287422)
I have a friend who registered three scooters through VT. He specifically seeks out ones without titles because of it. :)

What do you do about the VIN verification Vermont DMV ask for? Their website shows a VIN verification form that ask for a "badge number" "agency" and if Vin was run through "NCIC" (National Crime Information Center).

Ive been running into some good deals on 70's street legal 2 strokes and might pick one. Thanks.

sirmaxwell 04-03-2019 06:31 PM

Registering A Hinda Clone In VT

I was just reading up on registering a new Honda Clone in VT and I might be wrong since I hardly understand the process yet but it also seems like it might be cheaper than registering the thing in my home state of CT!

Also I am wondering does anyone know if the registering in VT for Non-VT residents loophole is still working now in April of 2019? I heard rumors it was being shut down and am a little confused about the whole thing so any answers would be much appreciated. Thank You!

cbrfxr67 04-04-2019 10:18 AM

Haven't heard anything about it not working anymore. I think Vermont dgaf and will take the revenue anyway they can get it. Just my .02 of course could be totally wrong. My sticker expires in July but I'll be going local to swap it over then,...

sirmaxwell 04-05-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Essayons (Post 292519)
What do you do about the VIN verification Vermont DMV ask for? Their website shows a VIN verification form that ask for a "badge number" "agency" and if Vin was run through "NCIC" (National Crime Information Center).

Ive been running into some good deals on 70's street legal 2 strokes and might pick one. Thanks.

I read up on their rules recently and I THINK you don't need a VIN Verification or anything if your bike is under 300cc!!!

I am definitley going to try to register my Chonda there...maybe even get vanity plates with the money I save not getting a title here in Corrupticut..err I meant Connecicut

katoranger 04-17-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirmaxwell (Post 304860)
I read up on their rules recently and I THINK you don't need a VIN Verification or anything if your bike is under 300cc!!!

I am definitley going to try to register my Chonda there...maybe even get vanity plates with the money I save not getting a title here in Corrupticut..err I meant Connecicut

You really have nothing to lose. If you get the paperwork wrong they send everything back along with your check and note on what to fix. (Don't forgot to sign the form.) No questions asked and I registered a Suzuki Samurai. Still sporting its Vermont Antique tag almost a year later. I plan to renew it when it comes due. Will transfer to Kansas in 2023 when it is eligible for a Kansas antique tag.

Irishjew 04-17-2019 09:51 PM

There is always the South Dakota route as well. It still works because I just went through the process. Easiest way to plate my Apollo 250 dirt bike.