ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   As the TT250 is on the way... (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17909)

2LZ 12-21-2016 05:44 PM

Plate mount

Same here. It wasn't even close. Did they drill all the way through to your plastic fender too?

pistolclass 12-21-2016 06:41 PM

nice bike!

bad Chad 12-21-2016 10:16 PM

I thought my clutch needed adjustment too, until I looked and saw just what 2LZ said.

hertz9753 12-22-2016 12:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 238589)
Same here. It wasn't even close. Did they drill all the way through to your plastic fender too?

My plate also goes to the left. :hehe:

I'm not very good with Windows Paint so don't look at the 1 and 2.

timcosby 12-22-2016 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this is why that tag holder is so big! got a $15 lock box for mine works great and uses the existing tag holder mounting holes.

letsride 12-22-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hertz9753 (Post 238630)
My plate also goes to the left. :hehe:

I'm not very good with Windows Paint so don't look at the 1 and 2.

I'm curious, why do folks blot out their tag number in pics? I mean don't like fouteen hundren and fiftly eleven people see the number when you are out riding, and parked in parking lots? :hmm: :lol: :lmao:

Sullybiker 12-22-2016 12:44 PM

Arrived this morning, I got her out the crate pretty quickly.
http://i.imgur.com/k9PlAvL.jpg?1

Just done at the tag notary; she's plated!

JerryHawk250 12-22-2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullybiker (Post 238661)
Arrived this morning, I got her out the crate pretty quickly.

Just done at the tag notary; she's plated!

:tup: sweet! Bike looks real good.

Sullybiker 12-22-2016 02:58 PM

After a quick check to make sure everything was tight, I decided to go for a quick test ride around my plan, and to get some petrol. I ended up riding 10 miles around some back roads.

It's been a while since I experienced a carbed bike (since my MSF, actually!) and it took me a little while to get started in the 39F weather, but I got there and it was rumbling along happily.

This bike is extremely easy to ride. If it wasn't so tall (I'm 6'3" so I really like it) I'd think it would be a perfect starter. It has a light clutch, beautiful manners and is very kind to the rider at low speeds.

I'd cleaned the rotors on the advice of this forum. I knew the brakes would be weak at first, and indeed I'm glad I took her round the plan first. It reminded me of new sintered pads on my ninja; when they're out of the box they have as much friction as Rico Suave in a lube factory. They came in soon enough though. Nice firm lever pressure, too.

Couldn't get a neutral to save my life; I expect that will improve with a little time. I also had occasional difficulty getting into third, but again I think this is just everything mechanical settling in.

Downchanges are like butter. I find them easier than any bike I've ridden, and the engine makes such a satisfying little toot on rev-matching. In fact, throttle response is damn nice full stop.

I like the tyres. That surprised me. They're progressive and give pretty decent feedback, and that's on a chilly, greasy back road.
So far I love it, and I can't stop staring at the damn thing as it sits on my patio...

JerryHawk250 12-22-2016 03:04 PM

Neutral will be easier to find after it breaks in and do your 1st oil change. That 1st ride is always fun. Also a little carburetor tuning will make it start a lot better even in the cold.

FastDoc 12-22-2016 03:13 PM

Darn good looking bike. Is it OHC or OHV?
5 or 6 speed?
Honda or Suzuki based (or other)?

JerryHawk250 12-22-2016 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullybiker (Post 238676)
So far I love it, and I can't stop staring at the damn thing as it sits on my patio...

I didn't think I would like white but damn I can't stop looking at it either. They did a great job with colors and graphics.:tup:

2LZ 12-22-2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastDoc (Post 238678)
5 or 6 speed?

Just really hate double posts....

2LZ 12-22-2016 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastDoc (Post 238678)
5 or 6 speed?

Hi Doc,

It's yer basic counter-balanced, CG Hondoid with pushrods and OHV. Rock solid. Nice runner, lots of mid range.

2LZ 12-22-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullybiker (Post 238676)
After a quick check to make sure everything was tight, I decided to go for a quick test ride around my plan, and to get some petrol. I ended up riding 10 miles around some back roads.

It's been a while since I experienced a carbed bike (since my MSF, actually!) and it took me a little while to get started in the 39F weather, but I got there and it was rumbling along happily.

This bike is extremely easy to ride. If it wasn't so tall (I'm 6'3" so I really like it) I'd think it would be a perfect starter. It has a light clutch, beautiful manners and is very kind to the rider at low speeds.

I'd cleaned the rotors on the advice of this forum. I knew the brakes would be weak at first, and indeed I'm glad I took her round the plan first. It reminded me of new sintered pads on my ninja; when they're out of the box they have as much friction as Rico Suave in a lube factory. They came in soon enough though. Nice firm lever pressure, too.

Couldn't get a neutral to save my life; I expect that will improve with a little time. I also had occasional difficulty getting into third, but again I think this is just everything mechanical settling in.

Downchanges are like butter. I find them easier than any bike I've ridden, and the engine makes such a satisfying little toot on rev-matching. In fact, throttle response is damn nice full stop.

I like the tyres. That surprised me. They're progressive and give pretty decent feedback, and that's on a chilly, greasy back road.

What a great write-up!
Yep, very friendly bike to ride. Nice looking. I like the extra bling they did like the stainless allens, switch gear and LEDS. It is hard to stop staring at it, especially once the beers come out.