ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   difference in shark and bozz (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17427)

culcune 09-11-2016 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am really liking the color combo on the Shark bikes! I am impartial to orange bikes, but the green/white combo is drawing me in...

motorcyclelove 09-11-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffrey (Post 230892)
Just found the BROZZ and the SHARK on powersportsmax.com. in the motorcycle section.

I'm a cheap ass and they charge $280 to deliver. That red Brozz tho. Im gonna wait and see how the dude from upstate New York on here likes his.

Merlin 09-11-2016 12:53 PM

The Brozz looks like the perfect CB to me. Depending on how easy it is to get to the Valves.

culcune 09-11-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorcyclelove (Post 230901)
I'm a cheap ass and they charge $280 to deliver. That red Brozz tho. Im gonna wait and see how the dude from upstate New York on here likes his.

I couldn't imagine it is 'bad' in any way. The only 2 downsides I see that might prevent others from the bike are the 19"/17" wheels, and the drum brakes. To me, the wheel sizing is a neutral issue (I am sure the more common 21"/18" combo makes it somewhat easier to find tires, but I am sure 19" front and 16" tires can be found), and the drum brakes, while a 'step backwards' is a plus in my opinion. All my Chinabikes' rear disc brakes have had issues (I have had 3 enduros now).

So, I don't believe we will hear anything negative from SANY, other than most any issues found with Chinabikes in general (little things that snap and break).

A few months ago, member 'Evelyn' successfully rode her Storm from Utah to Brooklyn, New York with nary an issue (she bought it assembled, but did do a couple mechanical things with it before her ride thanks to helpful Bashan members here on Chinariders). Other than that, the Israeli tourist made it with no major issues from what I remember. She even bungie corded bags to the bike, rather than finding some aftermarket panniers.

Again, I doubt there will be major issues with SANY's Brozz.

BlackBike 09-11-2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 230915)
I couldn't imagine it is 'bad' in any way. The only 2 downsides I see that might prevent others from the bike are the 19"/17" wheels, and the drum brakes. To me, the wheel sizing is a neutral issue (I am sure the more common 21"/18" combo makes it somewhat easier to find tires, but I am sure 19" front and 16" tires can be found), and the drum brakes, while a 'step backwards' is a plus in my opinion. All my Chinabikes' rear disc brakes have had issues (I have had 3 enduros now).

So, I don't believe we will hear anything negative from SANY, other than most any issues found with Chinabikes in general (little things that snap and break).

A few months ago, member 'Evelyn' successfully rode her Storm from Utah to Brooklyn, New York with nary an issue (she bought it assembled, but did do a couple mechanical things with it before her ride thanks to helpful Bashan members here on Chinariders). Other than that, the Israeli tourist made it with no major issues from what I remember. She even bungie corded bags to the bike, rather than finding some aftermarket panniers.

Again, I doubt there will be major issues with SANY's Brozz.

Well said.

I also think about the gallon gas can carriers on the rear foot pegs on the eve bike.

motorcyclelove 09-11-2016 06:49 PM

I wonder if the $1500 Brozz from peace is actually the older version without inverted forks like in the pictures or they'd ship the newer version? I'd call and ask but I'm sure they don't have a clue or would just tell you what you want to hear.

culcune 09-11-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorcyclelove (Post 230937)
I wonder if the $1500 Brozz from peace is actually the older version without inverted forks like in the pictures or they'd ship the newer version? I'd call and ask but I'm sure they don't have a clue or would just tell you what you want to hear.

Peace was the distributor a couple years ago. On mychinamoto, the Bashan rep chimed in to a Bashan related thread (I believe we were discussing the new for the time Storm, Will, Blaze, etc). He showed off the Brozz. I PM'd him back and forth, and he told me he was going to meet with a few distributors, including Peace.

I believe Peace was trying to MSRP their bikes for the $2200 range via dealers, and none showed up on mail-order sites, so I bet they are sitting a several bikes that never sold due to the rest of the Bashan lineup underselling them via discount online dealers.

That is why I guessed they are selling older units that they are sitting on, rather than getting new ones from Jass Motorsports. You will probably not get a clear answer, however...

motorcyclelove 09-12-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 230946)
Peace was the distributor a couple years ago. On mychinamoto, the Bashan rep chimed in to a Bashan related thread (I believe we were discussing the new for the time Storm, Will, Blaze, etc). He showed off the Brozz. I PM'd him back and forth, and he told me he was going to meet with a few distributors, including Peace.

I believe Peace was trying to MSRP their bikes for the $2200 range via dealers, and none showed up on mail-order sites, so I bet they are sitting a several bikes that never sold due to the rest of the Bashan lineup underselling them via discount online dealers.

That is why I guessed they are selling older units that they are sitting on, rather than getting new ones from Jass Motorsports. You will probably not get a clear answer, however...

Yeah, I would just have to gamble and take the risk if I buy it from them. For $1500 its hard to imagine its the newer version.

2LZ 09-12-2016 10:29 AM

Is it me or does the green bike shown above look like a Storm with a Hawk/TT250 headlight and regular forks?
If this was mentioned earlier, my apologies.

2LZ 09-12-2016 05:56 PM

On a side note, it looks like the illusive "Storm" is available again.

I'm not seeing a ton of difference between the Shark and Brozz, myself.

culcune 09-12-2016 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 230969)
Is it me or does the green bike shown above look like a Storm with a Hawk/TT250 headlight and regular forks?
If this was mentioned earlier, my apologies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 230988)
On a side note, it looks like the illusive "Storm" is available again.

I'm not seeing a ton of difference between the Shark and Brozz, myself.

Where is the Storm available, out of curiosity? I, personally, am leaning towards the Brozz because I like the name :) , but I like the color scheme on the Shark.

I am happy to see both as coming with rear racks.

culcune 09-12-2016 07:59 PM

I copied and pasted this video from member 'SANY's' introduction thread per suggestion by member 'motorcyclelove' since this thread is probably more appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxEbaMeK3AU

motorcyclelove 09-12-2016 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 231002)
Where is the Storm available, out of curiosity? I, personally, am leaning towards the Brozz because I like the name :) , but I like the color scheme on the Shark.

Supposedly the super scooter store will have the storm in a couple weeks but they have been saying that for months...

Merlin 09-12-2016 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorcyclelove (Post 231015)
Supposedly the super scooter store will have the storm in a couple weeks but they have been saying that for months...

I tried to buy one from them months ago and they told me it would be a "couple weeks". Dont hold your breath.

2LZ 09-13-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 231002)

Sorry culcune, I guess I spaced posting the link..... Dang, and I ain't even drinkin right now! ;-)

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/2...rk250db-08.htm