ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   New Zongshen RX3 (ZS250GY-3) Dual Sport (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13440)

Weldangrind 04-20-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G19Tony (Post 183103)
I do not know the answer to that. I just attached the spring in the hole provided. Perhaps Joe can help with that question. :)

According to the pic, the upper spring mount seems to be a flat bracket that is retained by an 8mm bolt.

SpudRider 04-20-2015 11:52 AM

Weld,

JimJr21 gave us a nice report regarding the RX3 muffler's construction. :tup: Would you remove the catalytic converter? If so, what method would you use to eliminate it?

SpudRider 04-20-2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 183115)
According to the pic, the upper spring mount seems to be a flat bracket that is retained by an 8mm bolt.

As always, you have a very keen eye. ;)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...y/DSCN0269.jpg

Weldangrind 04-20-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humanbeing (Post 183099)
Stand spring tool http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...authorid=75082 made by a mechanic

Genius! It uses the weight of the bike to hold the stand down, which gives you something to pry against.

Weldangrind 04-20-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 183116)
Weld,

JimJr21 gave us a nice report regarding the RX3 muffler's construction. :tup: Would you remove the catalytic converter? If so, what method would you use to eliminate it?

Definitely. I'd need to examine it, before I could establish a game plan.

Miqueas 04-21-2015 01:04 AM

Hello all, I just buy this bike two days ago, white one. AWESOME!

It's hard to say I'm not enjoying as much I would like. When I drive, as soons as I start the engine, by the right side of the motor I get a lot ot "wind".

Later when driving like 20 minutes or less it starts to get warm "this wind" or "vapor". My right leg gets really warm. All this "vapor" arrives to the right leg of the passenger too. I guess something is wrong.

Today I notice. I have to vents in each side. The left one actives but not too much, and not too warm. The right one, is very soon to actived it and gets "warm air".

Is this normal?
Why one side is warmer than the other?
Shouldn't be equal at both sides?
I'm in my first 87 KM.
I have not past 60 kmph on 4th gear.

SpudRider 04-21-2015 01:26 AM

I just received my RX3 motorcycle. Therefore, until I have a chance to ride my new bike for a few miles, I won't know if your experience is normal.

However, the hot coolant from the engine first travels to the right radiator, then moves to the left radiator, before returning to the engine. Therefore, in your case, I suspect the right radiator is venting more heat than the left radiator.

rjmorel 04-21-2015 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 183190)
I just received my RX3 motorcycle. Therefore, until I have a chance to ride my new bike for a few miles, I won't know if your experience is normal.

However, the hot coolant from the engine first travels to the right radiator, then moves to the left radiator, before returning to the engine. Therefore, in your case, I suspect the right radiator is venting more heat than the left radiator.

Miqueas, Also exhaust is on right side. You don't have a hole in your exhaust blowing hot exhaust on you do you? Or is the clamp right by the heat shield loose and allowing exhaust to blow on your leg? Don't have mine yet , but looking at other's pictures that could be a source for heat.
You mention getting a lot of "wind " on the right side as soon as you start it. Is the right side radiator fan coming on as soon as you start it? As for the "vapor" are you loosing coolant from a loose radiator cap or hose clamp ? Just thinking out loud here. Let us know what you find.
rj

Miqueas 04-21-2015 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 183190)
(...) I suspect the right radiator is venting more heat than the left radiator.

Thanks for the answer. I hope you can ride it soon.
I mean why the right radiator is venting more heat than the left one?

Anyone else is having this situation? I would like a explanation so I can understand this :hmm:

Even with this, great bike.

rjmorel 04-21-2015 02:00 AM

Spuds what color did you get? What trucking outfit did yours come on? thanks, rj

SpudRider 04-21-2015 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miqueas (Post 183194)
Thanks for the answer. I hope you can ride it soon.
I mean why the right radiator is venting more heat than the left one?

Anyone else is having this situation? I would like a explanation so I can understand this :hmm:

Even with this, great bike.

I have not heard of anyone else reporting this phenomenon. Therefore, I might be wrong. ;)

Since the hot coolant first enters the right radiator, a greater amount of heat might be removed in the right radiator before the coolant moves to the left radiator.

Miqueas 04-21-2015 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjmorel (Post 183193)
Also exhaust is on right side. You don't have a hole in your exhaust blowing hot exhaust on you do you? Or is the clamp right by the heat shield loose and allowing exhaust to blow on your leg? Don't have mine yet , but looking at other's pictures that could be a source for heat.
You mention getting a lot of "wind " on the right side as soon as you start it. Is the right side radiator fan coming on as soon as you start it? As for the "vapor" are you loosing coolant from a loose radiator cap or hose clamp ? Just thinking out loud here. Let us know what you find.
rj

Hi thanks for the reply, no holes, no loosing colant I guess, I haven't seen nothing.
As soon as I start, no. The first time was like that. I have checked right now and is engine ON but no vents working, which is OK.

When I say vapor, I didn't mean like smoke or something visible. I was refering like a blowing (vent, radiator)

My question is why the right vent is warmer and venting more than the left one?

Today I had it checked in the Zongshen service center. And they found nothing.

SpudRider 04-21-2015 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjmorel (Post 183195)
Spuds what color did you get? What trucking outfit did yours come on? thanks, rj

I ordered one of the fastest, orange bikes. ;)

:hehe:

My bike was shipped via Reddaway Trucking.

http://www.reddawayregional.com/

God willing, I plan to pick up the bike at the loading dock, and assemble it tomorrow morning. With any luck, I should have insurance and a license plate shortly thereafter. If all goes well, I plan to go for a ride, and take some photographs. :) Needless to say, I will certainly post my impressions. ;)

rjmorel 04-21-2015 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 183198)
I ordered one of the fastest, orange bikes. ;)

:hehe:

My bike was shipped via Reddaway Trucking.

http://www.reddawayregional.com/

God willing, I plan to pick up the bike at the loading dock, and assemble it tomorrow morning. With any luck, I should have insurance and a license plate shortly thereafter. If all goes well, I plan to go for a ride, and take some photographs. :) Needless to say, I will certainly post my impressions. ;)

Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight Spud. I'd be awake with anticipation all night. Mine may ship this week. Nothing definite yet other then it's paid for and magnificent ORANGE too, rj

jimjr21 04-21-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miqueas (Post 183189)
Hello all, I just buy this bike two days ago, white one. AWESOME!

It's hard to say I'm not enjoying as much I would like. When I drive, as soons as I start the engine, by the right side of the motor I get a lot ot "wind".

Later when driving like 20 minutes or less it starts to get warm "this wind" or "vapor". My right leg gets really warm. All this "vapor" arrives to the right leg of the passenger too. I guess something is wrong.

Today I notice. I have to vents in each side. The left one actives but not too much, and not too warm. The right one, is very soon to actived it and gets "warm air".

Is this normal?
Why one side is warmer than the other?
Shouldn't be equal at both sides?
I'm in my first 87 KM.
I have not past 60 kmph on 4th gear.

I would look for exhaust leak.
Here are reasons why.

Immediate wind with heat. Radiators take a while to heat up. Instant heat leads to exhaust.
Right side has three possible locations that would have an easy leak.
1) header to muffler joint. There is a fiber material clamping and sealing the two steel pieces. Easy to damage (or be missing)
2) O2 sensor. Loose, missing, cracked weld
3) Header to head. Loose clamp or damaged or missing gasket. Outlet is faced to right side and wind speed would blow to right side.

Having ridden in 40-70F temps so far 1 and 2 up there is no noticeable heat on right leg for either of us. Wearing jeans or work pants.

Good luck in finding the source of heat.