ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   News, Support, & Feedback (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Which Best Describes The Way You Browse ChinaRiders? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20906)

Tom44708 08-21-2019 01:42 PM

My phone

Hawk 229cc 08-21-2019 02:05 PM

use lap top 100% of the time ,an look into new posts ,an some that have more then enough response I tend to leave alone

brokeokie 04-05-2020 04:21 AM

where's the ios app???? hint hint lol

old biker 05-01-2021 09:58 AM

browse poll

old biker here 100% on laptop

TxTaoRider 05-01-2021 10:25 AM

Phone most of the time, but occasionally I'll use a PC or laptop, but I cant remember my password so it's usually just browsing.

ikeus685 05-02-2021 12:10 PM

yeah, I go with my desk top when researching bikes and riding areas.

stelabentley 12-20-2021 09:36 AM

I run the USB installer program and install linux on a USB flash drive.The USB installer walks you through the process.The only cost is a clean flash drive wih at least 4gb capacity.

The USB will need to be formatted and the installer will do that for you. Any info on the flash drive will be erased forever.

To run the flash drive, your USB port(s) must be set to boot first before the hard drive or operating system.This is done in BIOS and is different between computer manufacturers and installed hardware.

I search the computer model I am running the flash drive on, on youtube, to find out how to make the USB ports boot first. Once the boot menu is set to boot USB first, restart the computer, and it will boot into the Linux flash drive.

Once you're up and running on Linux USB, you can play around with it. It will ask you if you want to run the demo or install it. I demo, then if I like it, I install it next to windows except for my current computer and my son's.

I installed them and let the flash drive remove Windows. I would keep windows for a while to be sure you don't need it for certain things that Linux may not be able to do. Some of the newer Linux USB setups will have the option of checking your computer for compatibility.I run that. I've never had any issues come back.

If you want to access the internet with the flash drive just set up your connection similar to Windows. It's a bit of a crippled set up. It doesn't have access to all the computer's hardware.

It will be a little slow. It's pretty fast when installed fully. Since it doesn't interact with the hard drive, there's little to no chance of getting a virus or other info stealing bugs. When you're done, and shut down the computer, all the info on the USB is lost except the Linux version you installed on the flash drive.

You can use it over and over. It can also be reformatted and another Linux version installed using the same method described here.

robertryan 01-05-2022 02:21 PM

I run the USB installer program and install linux on a USB flash drive.The USB installer walks you through the process.The only cost is a clean flash drive wih at least 4gb capacity.

The USB will need to be formatted and the installer will do that for you. Any info on the flash drive will be erased forever.

To run the flash drive, your USB port(s) must be set to boot first before the hard drive or operating system.

This is done in BIOS and is different between computer manufacturers and installed hardware.I search the computer model I am running the flash drive on, on youtube, to find out how to make the USB ports boot first.

Once the boot menu is set to boot USB first, restart the computer, and it will boot into the Linux flash drive.

Once you're up and running on Linux USB, you can play around with it.It will ask you if you want to run the demo or install it. I demo, then if I like it, I install it next to windows except for my current computer and my son's.

I installed them and let the flash drive remove Windows. I would keep windows for a while to be sure you don't need it for certain things that Linux may not be able to do. Some of the newer Linux USB setups will have the option of checking your computer for compatibility. I run that. I've never had any issues come back.

If you want to access the internet with the flash drive just set up your connection similar to Windows. It's a bit of a crippled set up. It doesn't have access to all the computer's hardware. It will be a little slow.

It's pretty fast when installed fully. Since it doesn't interact with the hard drive, there's little to no chance of getting a virus or other info stealing bugs. When you're done, and shut down the computer, all the info on the USB is lost except the Linux version you installed on the flash drive.

You can use it over and over. It can also be reformatted and another Linux version installed using the same method described here.

Thumper 02-11-2022 08:19 AM

I have a Moto G7 Power with a nice big bright screen, and I wear 2.0 power reading glasses but still don't like browsing on my cell phone.

I have twin HD monitors on my desktop, and it allows me to edit and post photos on the forum, and I can view forum pages, videos and photos at full size and resolution. Having a second monitor means I can browse the web or watch videos on one screen while while reading forum pages on the other.

I just use my phone for calls, text, and navigation. Once in a while, I squint at it for browsing!;)

Michigan Sportsman 02-23-2022 06:13 PM

Apple iPad :clap:

buzz 02-23-2022 08:25 PM

Laptop always

vividpixel 05-13-2022 07:47 PM

I'd say I use the computer at least 75%, likely 90% or greater of the time, but I'd browse the forum more on mobile if it weren't a constant zoom-unzoom and trying to tap the correct link/icon situation. Even just trying to compose a post/message on a cell phone was pretty painful for me when it came time to make edits in the composition window. Odd behavior from the forum's text area that was only compounded by having to be zooming and swiping in the process of working around it.

Unfortunately for ChinaRiders, most web traffic is from cell phones, even in 2018 when this poll was created. If people can't easily use a website on their phone, they're likely to move on quickly. I'm someone who grew up using desktop computers, and have spent several years working in IT, and prior to that I worked as technical support. Yet I still only come here on my cell phone when it's the only convenient device nearby.

olds_cool63 05-30-2022 12:46 AM

Since, I'm a computer geek with more computer's than I know what to do with (really), I primarily use Mac OS on 2 MacBook Pro's, a Mac Mini or a MacBook Air. I run Fedora Linux on another MacBook Pro. I also run various Linux distro's (Fedora, OpenSuse, Peppermint, MX, Ubuntu Studio...etc) including 1 pure UNIX (BSD) on several PC laptops and a couple of mini desktops. I also run with 3 Chromebooks. I have some other computers/laptops just hanging around waiting for use. Acutally, each computer has a specific use (general surfing, music production, video production, programming, software testing, etc). So, they are spread out throughout the entire house.