ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   The Zongshen TT 250 is Coming (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15357)

SpudRider 11-10-2015 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 197231)
I should have asked if the TT will be CARB certified for California?

The CSC TT Special is undergoing EPA and CARB testing at this very moment. ;) Read the first paragraph in the article at the following link. :)

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=18620

Darkrider 11-10-2015 02:23 AM

Is it a bad thing that i want to find a used XR650L and enjoy that bike while i paitently wait for the TT to come to canada instead of getting an RX3?

SpudRider 11-10-2015 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkrider (Post 197250)
Is it a bad thing that i want to find a used XR650L and enjoy that bike while i paitently wait for the TT to come to canada instead of getting an RX3?

No, it is not a bad thing at all. ;) I own a 2005 Honda XR650L, and it is a great motorcycle. :tup:

Darkrider 11-10-2015 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 197251)
No, it is not a bad thing at all. ;) I own a 2005 Honda XR650L, and it is a great motorcycle. :tup:

I actually just recently reread the thread for your BRP if i remember your nickname for it correctly lol. Even commented on it once i was done reading the thread.

Co2 11-10-2015 08:03 AM

TT " Special " ?? :lmao: so funny,,, this model ( on csc link ) not bad but "never" a" SPECİAL" 2011 than product and using this model , name is " KUBA STR 250 "

Air cooled ( origin as body, hanway watercooled, but motor is not water cooled, air cooled probably a mutant./hybrid..)

http://www.motosiklet.net/forum/moto...m-basligi.html

But not bad, i adviced on youtube search as " KUBA STR 250 " many video founded, watch and have a idea..

Sorry i just see " special " and.... :)

SpudRider 11-10-2015 01:58 PM

I think CSC is calling the bike a 'special edition,' because the bike is not stock. The bike is built in the Zongshen factory, with the same quality control standards Zongshen has maintained, and improved for the last decade. :) Also, besides specifying the USD forks, CSC is also upgrading the switchgear and other hardware to meet their high company standards. In addition, CSC has submitted the bike for EPA and CARB testing to get 50-state approval for this bike in the United States. Also, CSC will certainly offer the same excellent customer service, parts availability, and warranty coverage as they do with their Cyclone RX3 motorcycle. :)

pismocycleguy 11-10-2015 04:41 PM

What attracts you to the TT250?

I'm attached to the TT250 because of it's "good looks" and simplicity. Air cooled, carburetor, light weight, simplified electronics and lack of fragile plastic body work. It reminds me a lot of the early Japanese motorcycles I rode in the 1950's. A bike that I can take into remote areas and be able to return home with making any necessary repairs myself.
I'm interested in what attracts others to this bike.
Please feel free to list "your reasons" for being attached to the TT250. I'm interested in your ideas and opinions.
:thanks:

superdude 11-10-2015 07:04 PM

Since no one had posted it yet...the official specs and info about the TT (TBD of course) If price is right this will sell really well..

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=18705

SpudRider 11-10-2015 08:43 PM

Thanks for posting the link, Dude. :)

Looking over the specs, it appears the TT Special has the traditional, 37mm, USD Chinese forks.

SpudRider 11-10-2015 08:47 PM

I am biased toward the copper color scheme. ;)

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/...3_7357-650.jpg

pismocycleguy 11-10-2015 09:45 PM

Finally some details

Quote:

Originally Posted by superdude (Post 197325)
Since no one had posted it yet...the official specs and info about the TT (TBD of course) If price is right this will sell really well..

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=18705

Joey,
Thank you for posting the photos and spec sheet for the TT250 bike.:tup:
I like what I see!, and will be a buying customer. The only addition, or accessory that is a "must have" for me is a tachometer. An integrated tach would be nice, but I'd be happy with an accessory or after market tachometer.:yay:
Everything else I desire in a personal bike's equipment I'll furnish and install myself.:clap:
Thanks again for the posting.

culcune 11-10-2015 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 197244)
The CSC TT Special is undergoing EPA and CARB testing at this very moment. ;) Read the first paragraph in the article at the following link. :)

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=18620

That answers that! Not that I have to worry in AZ, but literally a few miles to the north and west of Yuma lies the communist state of Feinstein and Moonbeam Brown, and I know we always have people joining from Kalivornia asking which bike they can buy there, and we almost always have to say "people from California need not apply!"

thaiguzzi 11-11-2015 01:10 AM

Looking at those photos, i am really impressed by the quality of the paint, fittings and detail, like wave discs and the end piece on the silencer. Great colour schemes too.

trailrider 11-14-2015 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pismocycleguy (Post 197302)
I'm attached to the TT250 because of it's "good looks" and simplicity. Air cooled, carburetor, light weight, simplified electronics and lack of fragile plastic body work. It reminds me a lot of the early Japanese motorcycles I rode in the 1950's. A bike that I can take into remote areas and be able to return home with making any necessary repairs myself.
I'm interested in what attracts others to this bike.
Please feel free to list "your reasons" for being attached to the TT250. I'm interested in your ideas and opinions.
:thanks:

I really like the 21" front and 18" rear wheels. Great for off road riding.:yay:

Darkrider 11-14-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 197337)
I am biased toward the copper color scheme. ;)

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/...3_7357-650.jpg

I would be quite happy to have either version in my collection!

trailrider 11-14-2015 12:07 PM

Other Colors?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkrider (Post 197674)
I would be quite happy to have either version in my collection!

Are any other colors going to be offered for sale?
I'm looking for a white color. Easier to keep clean than a black color.

culcune 11-14-2015 12:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv3y_0hixls

2LZ 11-14-2015 11:09 PM

I see many exact same parts on the TT as I do on my X-Moto Hondoid. Some of the handlebar controls, calipers, boxed swingarm, forks, etc....but it looks like this could possibly be one of the best Hondoids yet to appear. Of course, the pushrod motors are bullet proof. By the provided specs, it appears to be a 167FMM?? No left side shots I've seen yet for the tell-tale "eyeball".
Between the TT, the Hawk and some of the others now offered, it seems the time-tested guts of the bikes are remaining much the same, but the finish and styling has been vastly improved.....along with support from folks like CSC.

SpudRider 11-17-2015 02:27 PM

CSC just posted the first of many maintenance tutorials for the TT Special. :tup: You can find the Oil Change Tutorial on the CSC Blog at the following link. :)

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=18878

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/...4_9065-650.jpg

keithmaine 11-17-2015 02:50 PM

That TT looks sa-weet

retread 11-17-2015 03:25 PM

do these csc bikes come prepped ready to ride motor wise? or do they need valve adjusts, carb tune or replace like the hawk bikes.

Weldangrind 11-17-2015 10:51 PM

Even if they are prepped, be prepared to check the valves yourself after riding a short time. It's super easy on a CG motor. The carb remains to be seen, since it will depend on elevation.

retread 11-18-2015 05:55 AM

thanks, valves do look easy!

2LZ 11-18-2015 11:01 AM

I wouldn't be fast to swap out the stock carb. I've had three (soon to be four) Keihin clone carbs on Hondoids and I haven't had a lick of trouble with any of them. Just rejet for your elevation, reset your idle mixture and away you go. The Hensim 150's I had didn't even need rejetting. I just reset the idle mixtures. They're extremely responsive carbs when set up properly. The REAL Mikuni CV on my Q Link has been much more testy of a carb than any of my Keihin clones. It's not near as responsive because you rely on vaccuum to pull up the slide. Plus, if it sits for any length of time, I need to get to the pilot jet, guaranteed.

Keep in mind, they lean the heck out of these things for some reason. Resetting your idle mixture alone cures many of the ills....and is far cheaper than buying a new carb.

Weldangrind 11-18-2015 11:13 AM

I'm with you, 2LZ.

The trouble comes with the new tamper-proof fasteners on the carb bowl, and the trouble sourcing jets for some Keihin clones.

If the stock carb meets one's needs, run it. If it doesn't, there's a $40 Mikuni solution.

retread 11-18-2015 03:10 PM

thanks for info. the pics on the blog show screws holding the bowl on. I asked csc they said they check valves and set carb on all bikes they ship!

jjn 11-18-2015 11:31 PM

Any pricing yet? I also heard they are dropping the Mustang clone. Too bad. They were available first only in 150cc, then, later, they added the 250cc version. I did get to see one in person at a dealer in Tacoma, Wa. They looked pretty solid to me.

Weldangrind 11-19-2015 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retread (Post 198118)
thanks for info. the pics on the blog show screws holding the bowl on. I asked csc they said they check valves and set carb on all bikes they ship!

That's good information. If I had tamper-proof screws on a bowl, I'd promptly replace them with socket head cap screws. How else are you going to clean the bowl, let alone change jets?

So cool that CSC sets the bikes up properly before shipping.

retread 11-19-2015 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjn (Post 198151)
Any pricing yet? I also heard they are dropping the Mustang clone. Too bad. They were available first only in 150cc, then, later, they added the 250cc version. I did get to see one in person at a dealer in Tacoma, Wa. They looked pretty solid to me.

not yet. I'm eagerly waiting myself!

retread 11-19-2015 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 198162)
That's good information. If I had tamper-proof screws on a bowl, I'd promptly replace them with socket head cap screws. How else are you going to clean the bowl, let alone change jets?

So cool that CSC sets the bikes up properly before shipping.

couldn't see screw heads from the bottom only the side. why tamper proof, that sucks!

Weldangrind 11-19-2015 11:05 AM

Tamper proof screws are likely an EPA initiative.

trailrider 11-19-2015 06:23 PM

The color White

I was reading the CSC Blog today and saw in the posting of the Long Beach Motorcycle Show a photo showing the "WHITE" TT250 Special.:clap:
I really like the white color and will be ordering one as soon as pricing and availability become known. I hope it's quite soon.:yay:

TXDSRIDER 11-20-2015 10:59 AM

Another good thing bout this bike is it really close to a Hawk 250 so it should help with easier parts availability and maintenance info.

Weldangrind 11-20-2015 11:40 AM

True! I hadn't considered that CSC could now be a parts source for other Hondoid China Bikes.

pistolclass 11-20-2015 02:17 PM

Has a price been firmed up yet? Also, has a definitive date been set?

SpudRider 11-20-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 198387)
Has a price been firmed up yet? Also, has a definitive date been set?

No, a firm price has not yet been established. The bike is tentatively scheduled to arrive before next spring.

rojo_grande 11-25-2015 01:26 PM

I'm torn between the copper color and the white. Based on the experience we've had so far with the RX3 and CSC (marzhere's orange blossom special), I'm likely in on the TT.

I hope CSC will be offering jetting options. Can anyone confirm? I'll be doing most of my riding between 6,000 and 12,000 ft.

SpudRider 11-25-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojo_grande (Post 198909)
I'm torn between the copper color and the white. Based on the experience we've had so far with the RX3 and CSC (marzhere's orange blossom special), I'm likely in on the TT.

I hope CSC will be offering jetting options. Can anyone confirm? I'll be doing most of my riding between 6,000 and 12,000 ft.

I would give CSC a phone call, and ask them. CSC should certainly stock a variety of carburetor jets for any bike which has carburetor. ;)

culcune 11-25-2015 09:30 PM

I am in the L.A. area until Sunday visiting family for Thanksgiving. I was planning on driving the hour+ or so this Friday to Excalibur to pick up a windshield for my new love in my life, my TGB scooter, and called CSC and found out they are open (they are probably within 20 minutes of each other and CSC is actually on the way to Excalibur). I was all set to sit upon the TT, and give it a going over, but alas, Excalibur is closed on Friday! Not sure if I will drive all the way just to see the bike (although I would like to sit upon the RX3, too), as I would probably buy one anyway, but will let you guys know via this thread and photos if I do choose to go. Keep in mind this is the greater metropolitan L.A. area AND Black Friday (and not everyone is off of work, so is a regular commute for many), so traffic will be a huge mess.

SpudRider 11-26-2015 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 198936)
I am in the L.A. area until Sunday visiting family for Thanksgiving. I was planning on driving the hour+ or so this Friday to Excalibur to pick up a windshield for my new love in my life, my TGB scooter, and called CSC and found out they are open (they are probably within 20 minutes of each other and CSC is actually on the way to Excalibur). I was all set to sit upon the TT, and give it a going over, but alas, Excalibur is closed on Friday! Not sure if I will drive all the way just to see the bike (although I would like to sit upon the RX3, too), as I would probably buy one anyway, but will let you guys know via this thread and photos if I do choose to go. Keep in mind this is the greater metropolitan L.A. area AND Black Friday (and not everyone is off of work, so is a regular commute for many), so traffic will be a huge mess.

I called CSC on Wednesday, and was told they will be open on Friday and Saturday. If you visit them, please bring along your camera, and take some photos. :) I hope you have a happy, and safe Thanksgiving.