ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   New Zongshen RX3 (ZS250GY-3) Dual Sport (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13440)

2LZ 02-23-2017 12:21 PM

Welcome back! Good to hear things went well with your foot. You'll get there again....just time and patience.

BlackBike 02-23-2017 12:25 PM

Woodland...I wish you weren't gone for so long. Even though you could not ride, you can still type! :)

I have not had foot pain before but I can imagine it puts quite a functional challenge on life.

woodlandsprite 02-23-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 244042)
Welcome back! Good to hear things went well with your foot. You'll get there again....just time and patience.

Thanks 2LZ :) I'm hoping it's just a bit more time and patience and not an additional surgery which I suppose would mean more time and patience - they warned me it would take a full year to get recovered fully due to the quantity of things done during the surgery. I have some rather interesting scars now, and the x-rays are....interesting.

:D

woodlandsprite 02-23-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 244044)
Woodland...I wish you weren't gone for so long. Even though you could not ride, you can still type! :)

I have not had foot pain before but I can imagine it puts quite a functional challenge on life.

True that on the typing - I popped in from time to time to lurk - looks like I might want to take the time to update my headlamp to one of the LEDs recommended, and maybe replace my headlamp assembly for the newer one (I have the original 2015 headlamp assembly - and since I've been running with a 55W bulb, I have noticed some bubbling of the reflector)

one of these years I'm hoping to be comfortable enough to finally sign up for the baja ride :)

gaborIE 02-25-2017 09:24 AM

Hello guys, My name is Gabor.
I'm a new member here. I have question. When i riding the motorbike sometimes its stops automaticaly sometimes when i gearing down... Or when i stoped on the lights and when i add a throttle and automaticaly will stoped the engine.. but just sometime... I have any chance to fix it or something to do with that? Many thanks. Gabor

DanKearney 02-25-2017 09:33 AM

Gabor,

You describe the clasic symptoms (For the RX3) of the valves being out of spec. Have you done a valve tappet adjustment yet?

If the valves are too tight, they don't open far enough for long enough and you get a less than full gas/air charge. If the valves are too loose, they don't seal properly when shut and you lose compression. Both can lead to the stalling you describe.

Cheers,

Dan K.

gaborIE 02-25-2017 09:47 AM

I did the valves its set up to 0.08 and i ahve 2000km. I dont understand why...

DanKearney 02-25-2017 10:05 AM

Is yours carburetted or fuel injected?

Dan K.

gaborIE 02-25-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanKearney (Post 244323)
Is yours carburetted or fuel injected?

Dan K.

Its fuel injected.

DanKearney 02-26-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaborIE (Post 244334)
Its fuel injected.

Well, as its the FI model, I can't suggest something else to check that would effect fuel flow. All I can think of is to go over the wiring harness and make certain that all the connectors are tight.

Good Luck,

Dan K.

rjmorel 02-27-2017 04:31 PM

Gabor, I had trouble with mine dying also while going down the road. Battery terminals were loose and loosing contact every so often. Just enough to kill the fuel injection but I could get it started again usually before coming to a stop with the electric starter and limped my way home , rj

willy dog 03-02-2017 11:10 AM

mine cut out after first valve job had fuel line kinked have yet to get everything back under the tank the way it was just let it all fall in place

pyoungbl 03-03-2017 09:50 PM

Going to Daytona Beach, FL, for Bike Week

Campfire friends, I'm going to Bike Week again this year. I'll be there from the 9th to the 19th, camping at Holiday Travel Park, Old Dixie Highway...about 4 exits north of Daytona Beach on I95. This year I'm trailering the RX3 and V7. It will be a busy 10 days, with lots of planned events and good food. If you see an Orange RX3 (the fast color) it will be me. If you are in the area and need a place to camp, feel free to join me and the Norton guys.

Peter Y.

jbfla 03-04-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyoungbl (Post 245303)
?.... If you see an Orange RX3 (the fast color) it will be me. If you are in the area and need a place to camp, feel free to join me and the Norton guys.

Peter Y.

Drive/ride safely.....Bike Week in Daytona is one time I don't ride my bike.

I'll be there Wed or Thursday, but will only be at the Speedway or Beach Street.

BTW, that area off I-95, where you are staying is called Korona. A friend of mine owns 10 acres of pine trees on the south side of the highway.

jb

pyoungbl 03-04-2017 10:34 AM

Now that the Speedway does not have the vintage races I'll only go there for a couple hours to do demo rides. Other than that I stay away from Daytona Beach, too much to do in other locations. Even just a ride in the country is a welcome change from the weather we usually have in Feb-Mar...this year being an exception. Dirt track races, swap meets, Norton Turn 6 party, tour of Wytech.....no need to get caught up in that horrible traffic around Boot Hill.

Peter Y.