ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   TT 250 Tach Clusters.... (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17344)

mjstef 08-23-2016 10:20 PM

TT 250 Tach Clusters....

Hi folks, Been out of town, sorry for no updates. TT clusters left Chongqing this morning. Should see them Friday or Monday.

For the new folks here, These are a Tachometer cluster that is a direct replacement for the factory cluster. Electric sending unit so no more broken cables. Accurate + - 1 mph and the OD is correct unlike the factory unit. It has Tach, Speedo, ODO & Trip ODO, Fuel gauge, Gear Position, High Beam, Turn signals and KPH / MPH switchable. Good visibility in the sun and not blinding at night. They are $105 with free shipping and a 6 month warranty. This is a hobby turned in to a part time deal so i do not have a storefront (YET) I accept Check, M/O, PayPal or can run Visa/ MC through my construction company if necessary.

PNWDualRider 08-23-2016 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjstef (Post 229309)
Hi folks, Been out of town, sorry for no updates. TT clusters left Chongqing this morning. Should see them Friday or Monday.

For the new folks here, These are a Tachometer cluster that is a direct replacement for the factory cluster. Electric sending unit so no more broken cables. Accurate + - 1 mph and the OD is correct unlike the factory unit. It has Tach, Speedo, ODO & Trip ODO, Fuel gauge, Gear Position, High Beam, Turn signals and KPH / MPH switchable. Good visibility in the sun and not blinding at night. They are $105 with free shipping and a 6 month warranty. This is a hobby turned in to a part time deal so i do not have a storefront (YET) I accept Check, M/O, PayPal or can run Visa/ MC through my construction company if necessary.

I'm in!

2LZ 08-24-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

1- Of course I'm in!

2- You should give lessons to all the construction guys out here in CA who refuse to take credit cards for jobs under 10k! I can't even get a damn slab poured without 6K cash in my pocket! WTH!? I have no more sympathy for these guys going broke when the economy tanks and they refuse to do business the way 90% of the globe does. Rant over.... ;-)

mjstef 08-25-2016 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 229352)
1- Of course I'm in!

2- You should give lessons to all the construction guys out here in CA who refuse to take credit cards for jobs under 10k! I can't even get a damn slab poured without 6K cash in my pocket! WTH!? I have no more sympathy for these guys going broke when the economy tanks and they refuse to do business the way 90% of the globe does. Rant over.... ;-)

I deal with a LOT of out of town home owners..............

Jayman77 08-25-2016 05:20 AM

Jayman77 in line

PNWDualRider 08-25-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

where do I buy one?

mjstef 08-25-2016 11:44 PM

OK Folks, The clusters arrived tonight. All i have to do is break down the packages, Check them over and rebox them for shipment. If you want one, please e-mail me at hawkclusters@gmail.com and i will reply back with order instructions and i'll get you in line. Already have 18 orders in line so it will take me a few days as i have a regular job lol!

ajpjive 08-25-2016 11:52 PM

Hooray! Payment sent as per our email. SO crazy stoked for this. Thanks mjstef!

Best,
Andy

2LZ 08-26-2016 11:32 AM

Sweet! Check's in the mail.....

PNWDualRider 08-26-2016 06:59 PM

Take my money!!! Money sent.

PNWDualRider 08-26-2016 08:58 PM

Well, my speedo cable snapped even after rerouting it... Thank god I just purchased one of these before I went on my ride lol

mjstef 08-26-2016 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNWDualRider (Post 229599)
Well, my speedo cable snapped even after rerouting it... Thank god I just purchased one of these before I went on my ride lol

Should see it in the mail Monday.....

mjstef 08-27-2016 11:56 AM

Well this created a firestorm more so than the hawk cluster when it came out! Shipped 23 units this morning!!!!

2LZ 08-27-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjstef (Post 229645)
Well this created a firestorm more so than the hawk cluster when it came out! Shipped 23 units this morning!!!!

I think it's because of the fact that not only did we patiently wait forever for the bikes (unlike the readily available Hawk)...but now we've been patiently waiting for the tach clusters. I think it's called "mob mentality". ;-)
THEY'RE HERE! RUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My money hit the mail yesterday. Hopefully you'll receive it Monday or Tuesday. Don't run out!

mjstef 08-27-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 229646)
I think it's because of the fact that not only did we patiently wait forever for the bikes (unlike the readily available Hawk)...but now we've been patiently waiting for the tach clusters. I think it's called "mob mentality". ;-)
THEY'RE HERE! RUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My money hit the mail yesterday. Hopefully you'll receive it Monday or Tuesday. Don't run out!

Your name is on one. Gonna attach a couple California transplants and ship them back as well!

ughmas 08-29-2016 01:46 PM

bump for ya, thanks for the quick responses! paid for mine today, can't wait.

mjstef 08-29-2016 03:08 PM

Ok Folks, Some of you should be receiving your clusters today if you where in a 2 day window. Just a note, Before plugging the plugs in make sure all the pins are straight. I tried to check them all over and found "1" with an improper pinout on the main plug. Green/Red was switch with Green. If their are any issues the pinout is easy to change. I can explain how, Just PM me or e-mail me @ hawclusters @gmail.com I don't anticipate many issues but these are partially hand assembled and we as humans make mistakes especially if we make $2 an hour lol. Post your reviews here when you get them installed!!! 7 more went out this morning BTW......

rojo_grande 08-29-2016 09:56 PM

Christmas in August

1 Attachment(s)
Whoohoo! I love it when I get goodies in the mail box!!!

Rojo

Azhule 08-29-2016 10:35 PM

Can't wait to see that cluster on the next group ride Rojo, going to look sweeeeet on your TT250

mjstef 08-29-2016 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojo_grande (Post 229897)
Whoohoo! I love it when I get goodies in the mail box!!!

Rojo

Let me know your thoughts!

PNWDualRider 08-30-2016 03:04 AM

Got my cluster installed today and what a beautiful cluster it is. The look is great and lighting is perfect. I have not had a chance to test out the tach as it is very late and I don't have a lift stand or anyone to help me put it up on a crate to install the sending unit. I will take some photos and try to make a video with my GoPro of it in action on the cluster. Thank you again for the lightning fast delivery!! If anyone is worried about sending this gentleman $105, don't. He is trustworthy and is well known among the forum community. Buy with confidence folks! PNW out for now!

2LZ 08-30-2016 10:42 AM

Oh man....

The suspense is killing me...... COME ON MAILMAN!!!!!

rojo_grande 08-30-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjstef (Post 229907)
Let me know your thoughts!

Will likely be installing this evening after work (gotta get the yard mowed first). If all goes well I should be able to take a spin around the block to test.

Rojo

rojo_grande 08-30-2016 10:38 PM

Intalled

2 Attachment(s)
Got the tach cluster installed.:yay: Looks great. Easy install. The instructions were clear, correct, and concise. I taped the tach cluster wires/harness to a 1/8" dowel I had laying around to pull the wires through the rubber wiring harness boot. A piece of stout wire or coat hanger would also do the trick. I only needed a few zip ties to tidy everything up. Did a quick lap around the block to test it all out. No issues what so ever. So easy even a Sasquatch can do it :tup:

Thanks very much to mjstef for doing all the leg work and R&D.:thanks:

While I had the bike stripped down I installed a 12v/usb power outlet.

mjstef 08-30-2016 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 229951)
The suspense is killing me...... COME ON MAILMAN!!!!!

Yours ships in the AM 2LZ.....

PNWDualRider 08-31-2016 12:06 AM

Question!!

I got my tach installed and the front wheel barely spins when I spin it. Is this normal with this new speed sensor? I tightened it up enough so the sensor did not spin with the wheel. Help please.

rojo_grande 08-31-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNWDualRider (Post 230047)
Question!!

I got my tach installed and the front wheel barely spins when I spin it. Is this normal with this new speed sensor? I tightened it up enough so the sensor did not spin with the wheel. Help please.

Noticed the same when I put my front wheel back on. I attribute it to the magnetic pick up in the speed sensor. Didn't notice any changes when riding.

Rojo

mjstef 08-31-2016 12:06 PM

Not too sure since i don't own a TT and it had a different speed sensor than the Hawk. You do need to make sure that the notches are lined up in the hub for sure though. The speed sensor will still work but it could make things really tight and cause early failure.....

BlackBike 08-31-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjstef (Post 230092)
Not too sure since i don't own a TT and it had a different speed sensor than the Hawk. You do need to make sure that the notches are lined up in the hub for sure though. The speed sensor will still work but it could make things really tight and cause early failure.....

I was thinking about those notches too. If it won't freewheel, somethings not right, take it off and do it again. Make sure the gear is not dragging in that sending unit

PNWDualRider 09-01-2016 12:16 AM

So I took it off and checked it and the only way to keep the sender from spinning is to tighten it down a lot. Now it won't move but the wheel has trouble moving freely. Idk if it just needs to be broken in but the unit it staying put and the sending unit to giving me my speed. Idk.

kohburn 09-01-2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNWDualRider (Post 230165)
So I took it off and checked it and the only way to keep the sender from spinning is to tighten it down a lot. Now it won't move but the wheel has trouble moving freely. Idk if it just needs to be broken in but the unit it staying put and the sending unit to giving me my speed. Idk.

sounds like your bushing isn't the right length? doesn't take much tightening to keep mine from spinning, but mine was from the initial test.

if you loosen the axle is there a gap(slop) between spacers/bushings?

mjstef 09-01-2016 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kohburn (Post 230204)
sounds like your bushing isn't the right length? doesn't take much tightening to keep mine from spinning, but mine was from the initial test.

if you loosen the axle is there a gap(slop) between spacers/bushings?

Kohburn, Here is the measurement. I think the best solution is some locktite between the axle bushing and the sending unit sleeve. What say you?

mjstef 09-01-2016 10:12 PM

On second thought, if the sender is trying to turn, the axle bushing likely is as well....

2LZ 09-03-2016 12:44 PM

Got mine yesterday. Hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things tomorrow to get to this.

EDIT:
Well, I was able to get up and around and get to this today. Everything went very well. The only thing I almost changed was to get rid of the little blue/white stripe pinch connector. I've just had bad luck with those in the past but I went with it anyway. Just my paranoia. I'm sure it will be fine since it's not under a truck like a trailer harness gathering weather and mud.

Wheel sensor: I had no problems mounting it. The wheel spun when I torqued it to spec. My only concerns were that there's no nub to hold it anchored in place like the stock one (see pic). Somehow, someway, by "FM" it stays in place when torqued. I also found that I had to rotate it up (about 12:00 o'clock) and mount it just forward of the fork leg (see pic). If I didn't, it would press against the fork leg and I didn't want that sideways torque on the sensor.

It works great! A fine looking product and Mrs. 2LZ loves the display. Classy setup.
Thanks mjstef!

motopat 09-04-2016 10:43 PM

I installed mine today as well. The sensor wanted to sit in the same place as 2lz. Whwn i was done, my front wheel was rubbing on something, similar to what was reported by PNWdualrider. For me , it was the brake pads. To fix, I removed the caliper, spread the pads with a screwdriver and remounted it. Works now with no rubbing. One thing though; when I pulled out the axel to mount the sensor, the aluminum casting that fits over the fork, that the axel goes through etc, rotated around the round fork tube pretty freely! I looked under with a mirror and saw a hex nut but it would not tighten. I've taken front wheels off of moto guzzis, suzukis and hondas and have never had this part move. Is it ok for this part to move/rotate around the fork? Thanks Matt for a really great part.