ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   from knowing nothing about motorcycles/mods, to this. The boom vader (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=26994)

Seant 07-25-2020 12:52 AM

from knowing nothing about motorcycles/mods, to this. The boom vader

3 Attachment(s)
My first post explained that getting a moped gave me the itch to learn to ride a real motorcycle. This forum gave me everything i needed to not only build confidence in wrenching, but riding as well. This week I finished all my tuning and tweaking. Finally I'm ripping around town. I still have to get it inspected and go grab plates so I have been keeping it close to home. Just wanted to show some before and after pics and say thank you to everyone here that shares their experience for the newbs. Yall rock.

RedCrowRides 07-25-2020 01:10 AM

Looks good man, i love my Vader , more smiles per mile than any of my other Bikes!

Welcome to the Grom clone club ,and to Chinariders.net as well !

Ninjaguy23 07-25-2020 11:48 AM

Congrats! Now it’s time to enjoy the lil bugger. I got two of them. So much fun bombing around town. How did you get that muffler to mount up to the stock heaped pipe? Looks good!

Seant 07-25-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjaguy23 (Post 343381)
Congrats! Now it’s time to enjoy the lil bugger. I got two of them. So much fun bombing around town. How did you get that muffler to mount up to the stock heaped pipe? Looks good!

So you know that the stock mufler/exhaust system is two pieces. One from the engine mount up to the slip on exhaust/muffler. So what I did was cut the muffler off and cut under the bend that leads into the muffler to where it was just the straight verticle pipe. Bought a connection link and slip on muffler from amazon and it fit on there nicely with a clamp.

I am still wanting to do a complete exhaust mod but for right now it works and sounds pretty good.

TheOne 09-06-2022 04:45 PM

Hi all,

I have just joined your community and I’m in need of help. As you can see I didn’t even create my own thread lol! Well, I am a first time rider and took a nasty spill recently that broke my clutch shift handle, side mirror, moved my dash over a little, and my turn signal lights were damaged. I have the determination to work on it, but I don’t know we’re to begin. Can someone help? I’m actually still financing my boom Vader/ jumper/grom clone BD-125-10 2022 if my memory serves me correct.

krat 09-06-2022 04:55 PM

If you did that much damage you need to insure that your forks are not bent.

The rest of what you mention are simple E-bay purchases and a little time wrenching.

TheOne 09-06-2022 05:09 PM

What are the forks? And I would like to make mods while making repairs. Any suggestions? How will I find upgraded parts for this scooter/ motorcycle?

TominMO 09-06-2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOne (Post 383667)
What are the forks? And I would like to make mods while making repairs. Any suggestions? How will I find upgraded parts for this scooter/ motorcycle?

First step, start your own thread rather than take up Seant's thread with your problems. Basic forum courtesy.

Is English your first language? Asking because you don't know what the forks are. Not trying to be a d*ck here, but that's almost like asking what is a tire? Go start your thread then take it from there.

CheapThrills 09-08-2022 11:01 AM

Might want to take out the exhaust baffle, sounds better and I honestly feel more acceleration from it. :p