ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   What are you getting into during lockdown (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=25830)

Bruces 04-04-2020 10:40 PM

What are you getting into during lockdown

I thought it might be fun to find out what we are getting into or out of during our beer disease lockdown .Our lockdown just got serious midnight tonight ,pretty much anything other than groceries and medical is pretty much shut down now so I will be working on my camp .I have yet to spend a night there but I certainly can and will probably move in for the entire summer .Its 20 minutes from my home or less than 10 minutes from town so no big deal either way ,and I often work closer to my camp so if we ever start building again that works out as well .I have been squirrelling away a large solar system ,so that will be installed fairly soon ,but I have a small system up and running there currently which has no problem keeping up with my tools and current needs .I am also going to construct a zip line or cable trolley ,this winter it was hard to get across the river as we only had 2 inches of ice through the middle of the river ,barely safe to walk on ,so I didn’t get there much .With a zip line I can go everyday if I want .
So what are you guys up to ?

pete 04-04-2020 10:54 PM

Been editing a lot of my unused travel footage..
A lot of clips I never used.. bad camrea angle/light or back ground sound..
then added music "One night in Bangkok" to it... end up with a ok 5min clip..
Downloaded a trial of some new editing software...
it's crap... but the sound mixer is great on it..
Think I will stick with the old one...

Its_not_a_honda 04-05-2020 05:50 AM

I mowed the grass.

cheesy 04-05-2020 07:21 AM

Prepping the old place for sale. Every frickin’ day. In probably the worst possible real estate market since ‘08.
And I am still working with customers over the phone. My company finally got the field guys the needed ‘Essential Employee’ documents, so I can probably blow this pop stand once in a while. Though, I must say that I am enjoying this ‘retirement practice’.

Jpman3 04-05-2020 09:19 AM

No lockdown for me. The company I work for supports our city's electric and water crews.

wheelbender6 04-05-2020 10:34 AM

Like Cheesy, I am trying to sell a house. My timing is not good at all.

Bruces 04-05-2020 10:55 AM

I couldn’t imagine a worse time to sell a house ,good luck to both of you .

Sport Rider 04-05-2020 03:41 PM

got the cafe tank replaced. rebuilt the seat to match it. painted it up to match the silver color. cleaned out the garage. put up a canopy with screen on the back porch. power washed the pontoon and have taken it out the past two weekends. replaced wife's car battery. hung wind chimes on the back porch. discovered two new bourbons. drank a lot of beer.

Ina Ditch 04-05-2020 05:27 PM

my schedule changed again because of all this so I will be doing 7 days on then 7 days off.
I was hoping to start restoring a 99 Honda 300 fourtrax but it doesn't look like I will have any parts to work with anytime soon due to the shipping slow down for non essentials. I may start some of the cosmetic work but I really didn't want to get into that until it at least runs and preferably until all the mechanical was finished.
I have plenty to do around the place but nothing I am really looking forward to.

2LZ 04-05-2020 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Been working on my guitar build and finally finished it today. Just to find out that the toggle switch is BARELY touching and shorting on the shielding paint in the body cavity. It's now back apart and will hit the garage tomorrow for more router work. Crap....
Sure played nice unplugged!

Weldangrind 04-06-2020 07:55 PM

I have three concurrent bike builds; a '79 TS250 that older members might recall, an '81 Yamaha Exciter that is getting an XT225 engine and a scrambler look and my Roketa that is getting a CG230 and the scrambler treatment as well. Each of these are going to friends. The goal is to get them all running and legal by August, so we can ride together (that's when allergy season is over for me). I'll start threads eventually.

Magician16 04-10-2020 11:18 AM

I've been practicing Spanish every day, and I started German as well. I've been doing about every chore I can think of around the house, should be finishing up new screens for the house in the next day or two. My Magician is 1400 miles away, so I'm tiding a bicycle daily.

bogieboy 04-10-2020 11:21 AM

no lockdown for me either, working for an Ag business that sells tractor parts and services farm equipment and lawn equipment... if anything i am working MORE now during the lockdown, pulling a good bit of overtime....

roundhouse 04-10-2020 12:30 PM

Working regular 40 hours. They say we are essential. Government work so I will always have a job.

bogieboy 04-10-2020 12:43 PM

i have been about 45-50 hrs for the past month...LOL