ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Ride Reports (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Olegeezer riding for Peru from Colombia (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17943)

olegeezer 02-27-2017 02:29 PM

Cusco

2 Attachment(s)
I had another go with the "revenge". Haven't felt well for about a week.
I've moved south and east from Huanuco-Tarma-Huancayo-Ayachuco-Andahuaylas-Abancay to here in Cusco. I spent 4 nights at Around the Block Tours in Huanuco. Toby and Sarah Shannon took good care of me and serviced the bike. After I left their house I started feeling the stomach bug and it took me six days of riding (pretty good road surfaces) to make Cusco. Machu Picchu is next up.
Mud and rock slides are common in these Andes. I came around a curve and got a little surprised by this one. Road construction and maintence must be expensive. They do a good job I believe with the conditions.

Azhule 02-27-2017 02:48 PM

Is that the "Christ the Redeemer" statue?? Only statue I know of with a similar profile ??

Thanks for the update, hope you get over that damn stomach bug soon

olegeezer 02-27-2017 08:22 PM

Abancay carnival parade.

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhule (Post 244695)
Is that the "Christ the Redeemer" statue?? Only statue I know of with a similar profile ??

Thanks for the update, hope you get over that damn stomach bug soon

Gracias Azhule for the well wish and I think you are correct about the statue.
I'm going to try to post a short video. This was a long parade and I stood in front of my hotel watching for an hour. The crowd was really having a good time.
Couldn't get a 10 sec video to upload? Sorry bout that.

olegeezer 03-05-2017 04:18 AM

Cusco

1 Attachment(s)
After arriving in Cusco I set about trying to find storage for the motorcycle. With the help of Alejandro and Ada at Peru Moto Tours I was able to get a package of seven documents together for a permit application to store the bike for 1 year. It took 3 days of back and forth to get the package to the customs office. Not much fun doing this. After I submitted the package I got on a bus-train-bus combo to Macho Picchu and that was fun!

olegeezer 03-05-2017 04:24 AM

Macho Picchu

1 Attachment(s)
There was a small number of llamas that would eat out of your hand if you had a snack for them.

BlackBike 03-05-2017 04:55 AM

Those llahams are a strange concoction, kinda like my spelling.:ohno:

ben2go 03-05-2017 12:04 PM

No alpacas?

hickery 03-08-2017 06:28 PM

Olegeezer,

Just read your report......i myself just returned from Ecuador where we rented bikes from Freedom and did a self guided tour..love the country...plan on returning for 3 months January 2018....I am 70 year old rider from Ontario Canada.....interested in the RX3....The current cost in US is 3800.00 on the 2016 model....may I ask what you paid in Colombia and if it was difficult as a foreigner to purchase said bike....I had an ordeal in Chile 2 years ago to get a card to be allowed to buy....
Thanks
Bob.....blogspot........hickeryonthemove

olegeezer 03-13-2017 07:39 AM

Driving from WV to MS today to help my sister move.
You have other options. PM if you want to talk about them.
Briefly paid $3400 out the door with one year of insurance in 2016.

olegeezer 03-15-2017 09:02 PM

Bike storage

1 Attachment(s)
I left the bike in Cuzco with Peru Moto Tours. Alexandro Castro and his partner Ada helped me file the paperwork with customs (Sunat) to extend my TVIP for 1 year. Just prior to going to Machu Picchu I submitted the request. It took me 3 days with the help of Peru Moto Tours to get the package (7 pages) together.
After the MP tour I flew home. I had a good trip but it was stressful due to the stomach problems, getting lost, too many rain days and the storage problem with the bike. After 7 weeks on the road alone I was ready to return home.
I will have to return in less than 12 months to move the bike out of Peru. If I do not collect and remove the bike I may have to pay a large? fine or possibly lose the bike. If I return and get out of Peru I will still face the same problem of storage next year. Looking back I would have been better off by buying a bike with a resale agreement or just renting. If you're doing longer stays renting would be less desirable than purchasing in my opinion.
So, assuming the Olegeezer is still among the living, I plan to return and continue further south in 2018 !

olegeezer 03-20-2017 03:24 PM

Machu Picchu

1 Attachment(s)
A few more pics. This is the main? Plaza in Cusco

olegeezer 03-20-2017 03:37 PM

Plaza Mayor del Cuzco

1 Attachment(s)
Church on Plaza

culcune 03-22-2017 10:03 PM

What is the flooding situation??!

Merlin 03-22-2017 10:52 PM

Ya I was wondering the same?

Merlin 03-24-2017 12:24 PM

How ya doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by olegeezer (Post 247912)
Church on Plaza

Sooo how are you doing? Still safe and dry I hope. :hi:

olegeezer 04-01-2017 08:29 AM

Flooding

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 248303)
What is the flooding situation??!

I was lucky to avoid the worst of the flooding. I flew home on 7 Mar. Before I left I got news of flooding around Lima but it got worse after I left. I had plenty of rain while I was there and came up on several road blocking slides.

hickery 04-16-2017 05:22 PM

I was on a self guided tour in Ecuador In Febr and in the town of Shell came upon the same situation....no man hole cover.....good reason to not drive at night.....interested in your thoughts on the bike....will contact you soon.....

I will return late November to Lima then on to Huanuco....the plan is to purchase a bike from Toby....the RX-3........which he can get....with a buyback. I am interested in your thoughts on the bike; also the dealer you purchased from in Columbia as I could go that route and try and sell to another inmate back in Columbia....my plan is to attend a Spanish Lesson Class. in Canoa Ecuador for the month of January 2018.
Bob
Blog spot: hickeryonthemove

Edalsaadio 04-19-2017 01:19 AM

Good !, as far as I can to help them happy, I live in Piura - Peru

hickery 04-19-2017 11:52 AM

Gracias, agradezco sus pensamientos sobre el moto

Merlin 04-19-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olegeezer (Post 249794)
I was lucky to avoid the worst of the flooding. I flew home on 7 Mar. Before I left I got news of flooding around Lima but it got worse after I left. I had plenty of rain while I was there and came up on several road blocking slides.

Iam really glad to read this. I was worried about you. :tup:

olegeezer 04-24-2017 05:10 PM

Around the block Tours in Huanuco

Quote:

Originally Posted by hickery (Post 251990)
I was on a self guided tour in Ecuador In Febr and in the town of Shell came upon the same situation....no man hole cover.....good reason to not drive at night.....interested in your thoughts on the bike....will contact you soon.....

I will return late November to Lima then on to Huanuco....the plan is to purchase a bike from Toby....the RX-3........which he can get....with a buyback. I am interested in your thoughts on the bike; also the dealer you purchased from in Columbia as I could go that route and try and sell to another inmate back in Columbia....my plan is to attend a Spanish Lesson Class. in Canoa Ecuador for the month of January 2018.
Bob
Blog spot: hickeryonthemove

Bob, just PM me if you want to discuss the bike by phone or email. Be glad to tell you what I know about it.. attaching a pic of Toby, his wife Sarah and an Olegeezer (on left) I think you would do well with a purchase and buy back arrangement with Toby.
I hope to pick up my AKT250TT in Jan2018 in Cuzco and continue south.

olegeezer 04-24-2017 05:26 PM

Toby pic

1 Attachment(s)
Having trouble getting pic rotated?

Oh well??

olegeezer 04-24-2017 05:28 PM

Pic upside down

I just realized it's upside down because it was taken south of the equator 😁

olegeezer 04-24-2017 05:31 PM

Thanks Merlin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlin (Post 252462)
Iam really glad to read this. I was worried about you. :tup:

It all ended well. Lived to ride another go down south!
🏍🙏👌

Merlin 04-24-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olegeezer (Post 253160)
I just realized it's upside down because it was taken south of the equator 😁

:lmao:

hickery 04-27-2017 09:30 AM

Hola, Thanks for the reply....yes,I would like the name of the dealer.....did the dealer look after the paper work to allow you to buy and did they look after the bike being put in your name plus insurance....as i do not speak spanish.....this was a big task for me in Chile.
ALSO; HAVE YOU MOVED YOUR RIDE REPORT WHICH WAS TO START IN jANUARY......
All the Best
Bob

hickery 04-27-2017 09:32 AM

Sorry my bad.....I went to the last page report........

Bob

DaytonaMike 05-21-2017 09:38 PM

Olegeezer...just read through your posts.Wow!!! Amazing pics. Glad you're safely home. The people here are amazing and it seems to echo through your report too. Sorry I missed you in Colombia. Haven't been riding my 250 much .Taking it for its 3000km service Monday. Need to get back on it. If anyone needs info I would be glad to help as well. I am living in Colombia and have the AKT 250. PM me if needed.

hickery 08-13-2017 09:10 AM

Hola.......I will be in Lima on the 28th of Nov to get my permisio to sign contracts.......hope to be in Huanuco on the 29th at Around the Block to pick up my bike from Toby//////Purchased a new Ronco X-Terra 250 which Toby is building up to a 285cc........plan on spending Dec exploring Peru before heading to Canoa Ecuador where I will spend a month enrolled in Spanish Class. When are you returning........
Bob

olegeezer 08-20-2017 07:02 AM

Winter plans

Hello Bob,
I plan to return to Cusco, Peru in January. I will be heading south for Chile and Argentina. I am in Germany now for 5 more weeks touring around on my old Yamaha Fazer with a friend from Australia.
Enjoy your ride, post a pic of the new bike and tell Toby and his wife I said hello.
Cheers and ride safe
Joe "Olegeezer"

olegeezer 08-20-2017 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaytonaMike (Post 256674)
Olegeezer...just read through your posts.Wow!!! Amazing pics. Glad you're safely home. The people here are amazing and it seems to echo through your report too. Sorry I missed you in Colombia. Haven't been riding my 250 much .Taking it for its 3000km service Monday. Need to get back on it. If anyone needs info I would be glad to help as well. I am living in Colombia and have the AKT 250. PM me if needed.

Thanks Mike, see my previous post to Hickery for my status. I still don't know what to do with this AKT250TT after I Tour on it this winter. I may have to ship it back to the US and tour there with it? There's still a lot to see in South America and it just gives me another reason to return.
Cheers
Joe

Merlin 08-20-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olegeezer (Post 263842)
Hello Bob,
I plan to return to Cusco, Peru in January. I will be heading south for Chile and Argentina. I am in Germany now for 5 more weeks touring around on my old Yamaha Fazer with a friend from Australia.
Enjoy your ride, post a pic of the new bike and tell Toby and his wife I said hello.
Cheers and ride safe
Joe "Olegeezer"

Where's the pics Joe?

hickery 08-21-2017 05:10 PM

Hola.

I will say hello to Toby and wife for you......

hickery 08-23-2017 09:43 PM

Bike Pics/Olegeeer

Check Blog @ hickeryonthemove
Google above

CSCDude 08-27-2017 08:40 AM

Awesome

Amazing trip, photos, and reporting, Joe. I just discovered it and read through the entire report. Thanks very much for posting it. Well done!

olegeezer 11-02-2017 08:58 PM

Toby Shannon bike

Quote:

Originally Posted by hickery (Post 264012)
Check Blog @ hickeryonthemove
Google above

Cool Hickery, glad you got it all arranged and I hope to follow your blog.
I have to be back in Cusco before the Ids of March to move my bike out of Peru
before they confiscate it! Safe travels to you and enjoy!

hickery 11-05-2017 08:10 PM

Happy to have you along........all the best

hickery 04-19-2018 06:01 PM

Where are You

Olegeezer......just wondering if you got back to Peru and how your ride is going...I will return to Ecuador this fall possibly to Colombia...first .... to buy an Rx-3.....as bikes are more expensive in Ecuador......

olegeezer 10-16-2018 05:44 PM

Back in Peru but a little later than forecast

1 Attachment(s)
I stored The AKT here in Cuzco last year with Peru Moto Tours. I had booked a return flight to Cusco in January 2018. I discovered a medical issue that had to be addressed so I canceled the flight. After addressing the issue I am finally back in Peru on October 11. I had to apply for a special permit to leave the bike in Peru last year and then I was delayed. I am now dealing with the aduana in Cusco to get to bike legal to ride again and exit Peru. My plan is to ride south to Bolivia and end up in Santiago, store the moto and fly back home sometime before Christmas. Here’s a pic of my bike storage team at Peru Moto Tours.
She had to have a new battery (Yuasa) and they replaced the front tar and wheel bearings.
Cheers and Happy New Year

roundhouse 10-21-2018 11:16 AM

Very nice man! What year fazer? I have a 2013 FZ1 and love it.