ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Update on Clusters........ (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21229)

mjstef 05-12-2018 10:29 AM

Update on Clusters........

Update on Clusters. I am currently sold out. Part of my last shipment was lost in transit. Fedex has never found them so i'm waiting on my next order. I should have them by the end of the month.

To answer a few common questions i get:

For the new folks here this whole cluster thing came about when i was searching for a cluster for my new Hawk. I searched for months and ended up finding a manufacturer in China who had a digital cluster with tach that was the same size and shape. I worked with the manufacturer on a design and pricing and got samples shipped in. A few members here where my guinea pigs. Once we got the quality where i wanted it i ordered 100 units. They sold out in less than a month. Have been ordering 50-100 since and have over 400 out there. Being it's more of a hobby i have not put together a website as i run a full time property maintenance business as well. Just wanted to give something back to my fellow riders.

Cluster will not work on the Magician. I have not been able to source a speed sensor. It has 3 prongs, The hawk and TT have 2 prongs. If anyone want's to get me precise micrometer measurements with pics of the Magician speed sensor i can see about getting one made.

The cluster WILL work on the enforcer with minor wiring changes.

I have 1 speed sensor left for a TT250 and likely will not get anymore. I have sold 400 Hawk clusters an 19 TT clusters over the last 2 years. The demand for the TT is not there.

Any other questions please post or e-mail me at hawkclusters@gmail.com

Thanks to the original 10 folks that helped get this started.......

By the way, Join the China Riders facebook page!!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/596668933824039/

TNmotorider 05-13-2018 09:27 AM

mjstef, what measurements do you need from the Magician Speed Sensor. I have mine off right now. It is no problem to take it off later as well if further measurements are required.

mjstef 05-13-2018 10:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TNmotorider (Post 279907)
mjstef, what measurements do you need from the Magician Speed Sensor. I have mine off right now. It is no problem to take it off later as well if further measurements are required.

These measurements as well as photos....

MotoCheez 05-15-2019 05:50 AM

I was wondering! Had a lot of people saying you were not answering emails. Seems to be plug and play on the TBR7 as well
Yes, it was fun!! Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjstef (Post 279863)
Update on Clusters. I am currently sold out. Part of my last shipment was lost in transit. Fedex has never found them so i'm waiting on my next order. I should have them by the end of the month.

To answer a few common questions i get:

For the new folks here this whole cluster thing came about when i was searching for a cluster for my new Hawk. I searched for months and ended up finding a manufacturer in China who had a digital cluster with tach that was the same size and shape. I worked with the manufacturer on a design and pricing and got samples shipped in. A few members here where my guinea pigs. Once we got the quality where i wanted it i ordered 100 units. They sold out in less than a month. Have been ordering 50-100 since and have over 400 out there. Being it's more of a hobby i have not put together a website as i run a full time property maintenance business as well. Just wanted to give something back to my fellow riders.

Cluster will not work on the Magician. I have not been able to source a speed sensor. It has 3 prongs, The hawk and TT have 2 prongs. If anyone want's to get me precise micrometer measurements with pics of the Magician speed sensor i can see about getting one made.

The cluster WILL work on the enforcer with minor wiring changes.

I have 1 speed sensor left for a TT250 and likely will not get anymore. I have sold 400 Hawk clusters an 19 TT clusters over the last 2 years. The demand for the TT is not there.

Any other questions please post or e-mail me at hawkclusters@gmail.com

Thanks to the original 10 folks that helped get this started.......

By the way, Join the China Riders facebook page!!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/596668933824039/

NzBrakelathes 05-15-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffrey (Post 309128)
I would like to add this cluster does not fit on the Bashan Storm 250.

Not fit as in the plug? The sensor?

2LZ 05-15-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjstef (Post 279863)
I have sold 400 Hawk clusters an 19 TT clusters over the last 2 years. The demand for the TT is not there.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/596668933824039/

Hey Matt! Two of those 19 are my neighbor and I!
I can see why the demand dropped off. Didn't CSC update the analog cluster to digital after the first year of production????

Merlin 05-15-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoCheez (Post 309123)
I was wondering! Had a lot of people saying you were not answering emails. Seems to be plug and play on the TBR7 as well
Yes, it was fun!! Thank you

Just a heads up mjstef sold his bike and hasn't been here in over a month and a half.

NzBrakelathes 05-15-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffrey (Post 309178)
The plug was different . Speed sensor fit OK.

Then that is not hard to alter etc.
Did you get the CSC TT250 sensor? that fitted etc?

NzBrakelathes 05-16-2019 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffrey (Post 309205)
I used the Hawk sensor. It fit fine. The problem with the Storm 250 is the USD forks and the way the cluster is mounted on the upper tree and the key switch is mounted in the center. The TT250 parts can be used for that problem. That picture that Matt used a while ago is a picture of my 2015 Storm 200.

I know the dash you have/had on there its like my bike.
I ended up buying a bracket from another bike again and made it work etc but my key is off to the RH side.

mjstef 05-18-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlin (Post 309153)
Just a heads up mjstef sold his bike and hasn't been here in over a month and a half.

I'm here on occasion. Still have the bike too lol. Just slammed with contracting work.

mjstef 05-18-2019 12:06 PM

Just got another 100 units in Wednesday. Motocheez, People are sending payment through Hawk250.com but don't follow up with an e-mail. This has been an ongoing problem. I'm only on the computer 3-4 hours a week mostly doing invoicing for my main business so i have a hard time keeping up with tracking people down. Sometimes i'm a few days behind on e-mail. Also have 2 payments this week that came through where the Paypal e-mail bounces back so i have no way of contacting these people. Shipping 16 clusters this morning that where back ordered, The last 10 are going out Monday.

On the Storm, Nobody around me has a Storm to test fit on. They used to fit so some changes must have been made???

mjstef 05-20-2019 03:04 PM

All backorders are now shipped!!

cheapchina 05-21-2019 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjstef (Post 309457)
Just got another 100 units in Wednesday. Motocheez, People are sending payment through Hawk250.com but don't follow up with an e-mail. This has been an ongoing problem. I'm only on the computer 3-4 hours a week mostly doing invoicing for my main business so i have a hard time keeping up with tracking people down. Sometimes i'm a few days behind on e-mail. Also have 2 payments this week that came through where the Paypal e-mail bounces back so i have no way of contacting these people. Shipping 16 clusters this morning that where back ordered, The last 10 are going out Monday.

On the Storm, Nobody around me has a Storm to test fit on. They used to fit so some changes must have been made???

Great news to hear clusters are back. Do you prefer going the hawk250.com route? I had sent a couple emails to hawkcluster but hadn't got a reply.

JerryHawk250 05-21-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapchina (Post 309729)
Great news to hear clusters are back. Do you prefer going the hawk250.com route? I had sent a couple emails to hawkcluster but hadn't got a reply.

Make sure you send it to hawkclusters@gmail.com Don't forget the "s".

mjstef 05-21-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapchina (Post 309729)

All e-mails at hawkclusters@gmail.com show replied to other that 1 9 days ago from Tyler H that was in spam. Replied to that just now.