ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Howdy from Idaho (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=23734)

krawl 05-17-2019 11:35 AM

Howdy from Idaho

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone! I have been a lurker here for a few weeks and because of the great posts on this forum and that MotoCheez guy on youtube I pulled the trigger on a new Hawk 250. They only had Red and Green in stock so I figured if I was going to own a Chonda it should be red. :) The Hawk was delivered yesterday and I started uncrating it. Hopefully I will have it all together tonight after work.

Weldangrind 05-17-2019 11:43 AM

Welcome! Extra points for a pic in your first post.

Megadan 05-17-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawl (Post 309365)
The Hawk was delivered yesterday and I started uncrating it. Hopefully I will have it all together tonight after work.

Welcome krawl. I bet you will spend all day at work thinking about the bike lol.

wedooit 05-17-2019 04:06 PM

Welcome to the china syndrome! We are in southern idaho here...

I should have named a kid crawl, then i could yell at him, crawl outta bed and get some work done lol.... I got some sick humor from breathing china fumes off the cat, lol!

Anyways welcome!!! There is tons of experience here, i not being one, just re learning! Post some pics if u have time.

krawl 05-17-2019 04:52 PM

I'm actually in the Boise area... Say Wedooit, how easy was it for you to register your Hawk here in Idaho?

dpl096 05-17-2019 10:23 PM

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the bike!

wedooit 05-18-2019 10:39 AM

idaho register

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawl (Post 309402)
I'm actually in the Boise area... Say Wedooit, how easy was it for you to register your Hawk here in Idaho?

Hi sir,
I haven't register it as of yet, but headed to license it mon or tues. I called them, said I have to have a vin inspection. That is easy, I just call the sheriff dept and they come to my place, and give me a pink slip of paper, we know most of the guys, we always talk about guns and training.... I will let you know the hoops.

I fired the bms250 up last night, the mrs had cut the seat, as she is short, she took it for a short ride, loved it! 2lz here told me it would be like riding a blender for the first few hundred miles, but actually the bike was smooth, engine was smooth. We ride sleds, and when we peg the throttle on them, if one is not having a good grip the sled will leave you in the snow. This bike is not a rocket, and doesn't have that brute power. But does give a nice throttle sensation. I over analyzed the set up, so it took me a few days between my daily jobs to get it put together. In the end, it was a straight forward set up.

Megadan 05-18-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedooit (Post 309453)
I over analyzed the set up, so it took me a few days between my daily jobs to get it put together. In the end, it was a straight forward set up.

Better to take a long time and over analyze things than to just slap it together quickly and potentially have issues.

goat67 05-19-2019 09:38 AM

Welcome enjoy the bike

krawl 05-19-2019 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Getting closer... I am taking Megadan's advice and going over everything.

krawl 05-21-2019 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished her up and ran her a bit, I need to remove the carb and adjust the mixture screw, she is running so lean I have to keep her on half choke just to keep her running even when warmed up.

wedooit 05-22-2019 11:33 PM

Nice!!!! I still haven't had a chance to license the mrs bike as I was lowering, but tomorrow I ll get a vin inspection and see what the license bureau says, and will keep posted.

krawl 05-23-2019 12:16 AM

I got it registered today, it did need a VIN inspection, but it was easy, I had the MCO and the bill of sale, the worst part was paying taxes and fees.

Megadan 05-23-2019 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krawl (Post 309930)
I got it registered today, it did need a VIN inspection, but it was easy, I had the MCO and the bill of sale, the worst part was paying taxes and fees.

Glad to hear it was easy to make legal. If you are going to adjust that idle mixture, it might be a good idea to toss in at least a 105 main jet in there as well.

krawl 05-23-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 309933)
Glad to hear it was easy to make legal. If you are going to adjust that idle mixture, it might be a good idea to toss in at least a 105 main jet in there as well.

I bought the kit from NZbrakelathes off ebay and put the 110 in, I am thinking at my elevation of 3000ft I may want to drop it down to 105 since the spark plug is black when I pull it. I am waiting on the Pilot jets from him now, since when I ride the Hawk I get some surging at midrange throttle, I assume that is due to the pilot jet being stock and lean.