ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Hawk DLX EFI Stalling (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30025)

Trupacker 11-22-2021 10:18 AM

Hawk DLX EFI Stalling

Hello,
I swear I have been trying to find thread with a similar problem, but have not had much luck.

So as the title says I have a 2020 Hawk DLX Fuel Injected bike that keeps stalling. I just bought it with 1,000 miles on it and have only put about an additional 90 on it. It did stall when I first got it, but I just thought it was because it was cold blooded like everyone says and I was not giving it sufficient time to warm up. What is weird is that it only happens when I am riding and let off the throttle. Like when I come to a stop sign or on my way into a turn.

It has a pod filter, so I thought maybe it was running to lean. I have replaced the gas with a higher octane, changed the fuel filter, checked the throttle body, adjusted the idle, ran seafoam through it, and probably a couple things I am forgetting. Besides the pod filter, it is stock. I was thinking of replacing the fuel injector, but I am also having trouble finding the correct replacement.

I am at the end of my mechanical knowledge and have no idea where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.

tknj99 11-22-2021 10:31 AM

They are lean to begin with and im sure the pod filter pushed it past the line. Since there are few options to adjust the ecu easily, i would return to stock if possible.

Trupacker 11-22-2021 10:38 AM

Unfortunately, I do not have the original air box. I will start looking for a replacement. Is it just that the ecu can't adjust for the increased air?

TominMO 11-22-2021 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trupacker (Post 369348)
Unfortunately, I do not have the original air box. I will start looking for a replacement. Is it just that the ecu can't adjust for the increased air?

Essentially, yes.

One thing you could try is to reset the system. Disconnect the two battery leads and hold the + and - wires together for about 30 seconds. This should reset the computer, so that when you fire it up next time it will be able to compensate for the pod filter.

If this doesn't help, you might try wrapping part of the pod filter with duct tape etc, to limit airflow to something similar to how it would be with the factory filter setup.

Trupacker 11-22-2021 11:19 AM

Thank you for the replies. I'll give that a try. The pod filter that is on it is kind of large. The one Motocheez suggests is a little smaller. Do you think that might help? Just thinking I might try that if the battery doesn't work. Only $10.

Huck369 11-23-2021 01:21 PM

I'll also add, the valves may be a bit tight, as that will cause the stalling also...

mototech77 11-23-2021 06:31 PM

You may also want to see how the previous owner handled any additional lines that would have gone into the factory air box to be sure you don’t have resulting vacuum leaks, etc. The Lifan EFI bikes seem to have stalling issues even when left stock because of the same lean tune, but adjusting the idle speed up helps with this to a point.