ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   What Did You Do To Your Dual Sport Today? (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18198)

2LZ 02-07-2017 12:01 PM

What Did You Do To Your Dual Sport Today?

In the RX3 forum, this is one of the more popular threads. I thought I'd start one here.

In the last week, Q got treated to an oil and filter change, valve adjustment, iridium plug inspection and gap check, new 46 tooth rear sprocket, Unibear chain, speedo cable clean and lube, all cables lubed and adjusted, a spoke tightening, tire pressure check, and an overall detailing including some wax and aluminum polish. She's ready to rock!

Now if I can just get it to quit raining..... :-(

Azhule 02-07-2017 01:29 PM

Well, I was over at the parents house earlier today and heard one of the neighbors outside with one of their "Princess Mobile(s)" (it's some kind of a "Manly" Harley Davidson with a "I ride with no helmet on" kind of owner...)... temps outside, around 40 or so degrees F....

Sooo, for over an hour this morning I heard, "Wruu Wruuu Wruu Wruuu...." several seconds go by with nothing being heard and the sounds Repeat, "Wruu Wruuu Wruu Wruuu..." then nothing... that happened for a long while... probably 25 or 30 minutes... and then it started going, "Wruu Wruuu Wruu Wruuu" but this time it had a short lived "VROOOM"... maybe only for half a second or so, but it started up!... repeat that cycle for over half an hour...

Well I decided I wanted to see how cold blooded the 197cc Bashan is... sooo, I go out to pops garage with all my moto gear on and roll out the Bashan WILL...

Turn the fuel petcock to "ON"... make sure the "butterfly choke" is "OFF/Fully Open"... and the damn thing starts up first kick :lmao: ... I instantly put it into first gear and hit the throttle and ride off to do a few laps past the neighbor who is still struggling just to get his "Princess Bike" to idle :hehe:

It's tuned a wee bit rich... but I like to ride my bike... not spend hours trying to get it to start in slightly "cold" weather :yay:

The neighbor finally got it started... and he had to idle for almost half the morning... only then was he able to ride off...

Sport Rider 02-07-2017 01:30 PM

is this strictly for RX3's? I consider my hawk a DS

if this includes Hawks, then today I moved the hawk out of the way so I could get my Concours out of the garage to ride it to work! :D

bogieboy 02-07-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport Rider (Post 242570)

if this includes Hawks, then today I moved the hawk out of the way so I could get my Concours out of the garage to ride it to work! :D

appears to be for any bike BUT the rx3...LOL

2LZ 02-07-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport Rider (Post 242570)

Maybe I didn't word it right. In the RX3 section, it's a popular thread so I thought I'd start one in the dual sport section about DUAL SPORTS.
Confusion fixed?

Sport Rider 02-07-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 242575)
Maybe I didn't word it right. In the RX3 section, it's a popular thread so I thought I'd start one in the dual sport section about DUAL SPORTS.
Confusion fixed?

no....but that's just me. :p:hi::yay:

Sir kayakalot 02-07-2017 07:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
No confusion here and I think this will be a great thread. If you ride it on the road AND the dirt then post about it here. I rode mine to one of my favorite fishing holes today!

2LZ 02-07-2017 07:45 PM

I wondered who stole all the blue sky!!!

BlackBike 02-07-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 242594)
I wondered who stole all the blue sky!!!

you'll be wanting those clouds back come fire season,

JUST POST IT ! we will eat it up.

JerryHawk250 02-18-2017 05:12 PM

I installed my new digital cluster today. Quick and easy installation.
http://www.chinariders.net/picture.p...&pictureid=883

Sir kayakalot 02-18-2017 05:46 PM

Looks good Jerry. Can't wait to get mine installed, should be here Monday

leo in wv 02-18-2017 07:30 PM

ordered left and right switch clusters, new head light, and cargo net. started on my cigarette lighter usb port.

2LZ 02-18-2017 11:32 PM

Fixed a Flat!

Well, I went to move Q off the rack today and noticed "that sound" as I rolled it down the ramp. "WHAHHH!?" Sure as hell, the front tire was FLAT! I HATE flats. especially with these unforgiving, stiff Kenda 761's on it. So, I put my anchors in the ceiling like I've been wanting to do so I don't have to keep heaving my bike jack on the lift.

After I got Q suspended, I pulled the wheel and looked over the tire completely and found no nail or anything. Thought I may have poked a spoke after adjusting them last week. Time to bust out the tire irons and get to work. I chose the "jbfla technique" of placing the rim on the lift with a moving blanket for the surgery. I went to pull the valve core....and it was slightly loose! So I tightened it up, put about 45 pounds in it and immersed it into our 12' Walmart leak detector with custom plastic wheel jig. After 20 minutes of rotation and staring, NO BUBBLES!
Time to reassemble! :-)

BlackBike 02-19-2017 01:03 AM

I had a front flat. Inspected tube no leaks except around collar of stem. Put silicone and tightened nut. Let dry a while and reinstalled the whole thing . Will be interested to see if flat in the morning. I just expect flats, I had the same luck with any bicycle I ever owned.:hmm:

pete 02-19-2017 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 243617)
Well, I went to move Q off the rack today and noticed "that sound" as I rolled it down the ramp. "WHAHHH!?" Sure as hell, the front tire was FLAT! I HATE flats. especially with these unforgiving, stiff Kenda 761's on it. So, I put my anchors in the ceiling like I've been wanting to do so I don't have to keep heaving my bike jack on the lift.

After I got Q suspended, I pulled the wheel and looked over the tire completely and found no nail or anything. Thought I may have poked a spoke after adjusting them last week. Time to bust out the tire irons and get to work. I chose the "jbfla technique" of placing the rim on the lift with a moving blanket for the surgery. I went to pull the valve core....and it was slightly loose! So I tightened it up, put about 45 pounds in it and immersed it into our 12' Walmart leak detector with custom plastic wheel jig. After 20 minutes of rotation and staring, NO BUBBLES!
Time to reassemble! :-)

Thats quite a nice wee bike...