ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   This looks like it has some potential... (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=10047)

MICRider 09-23-2011 06:36 PM

This looks like it has some potential...

Not sure if this has been posted before but I just got an update from Pitster Pro on my facebook page... They have a new bike coming out soon, the XTR250X. Made by Qingqi obviously, nice looking rig! Canadian retail of around $3500

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/x...ider/pp250.jpg

Edit: Be nice if you could get an enduro kit for it as well 8)

FastDoc 09-23-2011 06:52 PM

I'd be all over that IF it was $2,000 less. :roll:

NO WAY WOULD I SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY, especially on a bike that's not dual sport.

Plus I'm still peeved over the last Pitster Pro I owned... :evil:

MICRider 09-24-2011 12:27 AM

Yup, it is overpriced... And I can see that you would still have a bad taste in your mouth after the PP400, that thing was a heap. I think I paid about $2800 for my Konker, but that included the enduro tires. Bikes are much more expensive here than they are in the States.

MICRider 09-24-2011 11:33 AM

Hmmm... After doing a little youtubing I see that Pitster has been playing around with the XTR250 for a while. They had some iterations on there from a couple of years ago that were using liquid cooled engines. <crosses arms in front of chest and backs away...>

FastDoc 09-24-2011 11:59 AM

Bikes are much more expensive here than they are in the States.

I should have taken that into account before I attacked the price but still...

Anything around or over $2,000 (US) I'm thinking used Japaneese... :wink:

Weldangrind 09-24-2011 12:08 PM

It would be nice to have a Q available to us, but not at that price. I agree with the $2000 sentiment, although I could see $2500 being successful in Canada.

FastDoc 09-24-2011 01:41 PM

Agreed.

FWIW, and I know the market is different here than in Canada, I see 1-3 year old used Ninja 250's available all day long at much less than $3,500. :wink:

MICRider 09-24-2011 04:19 PM

Lol, the intent of this post was simply to show a new Qingqi offering supposedly coming up, I'm kind of sorry I mentioned the pricing now.

katoranger 09-24-2011 07:01 PM

Did NorthernDad say that he was going to be reviewing the pitster pro products too?

MICRider 09-24-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger
Did NorthernDad say that he was going to be reviewing the pitster pro products too?

Nope, I think he's just doing the Linhai ATV's.

katoranger 09-25-2011 07:40 AM

He mentioned pitster pro, but I am not sure of the connection.

MICRider 09-25-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katoranger
He mentioned pitster pro, but I am not sure of the connection.

Your memory is better than mine Kato! I reread his thread and he says he will be doing reviews on the Pitster Pros as well, a quote from his first post on the subject:

"So I pitched a deal - long story short - to do some video reviews and give some marketing advice in exchange for a Linhai ATV or SxS. Visionary Motorsports - behind the linhai brand - jumped at it, and after sharing my ideas they asked if I'd review all their product. So that's the deal - I work video reviews and testimonials and help with their marketing, and they ship me all their machines (pitster pros too) - and we turn northern BC into the trail-tested testing grounds for their machines! "

I'll be interested to see what he has to say about all of the machines, Pitster has kind of a bad rep from the ill fated PP400 and the nonexistent part's supply for it. Totally unrelated, but something that kind of strikes me funny is that Michelle Lehwald works for Pitster in Vancouver now... She was kind of like second in command (I think?) of the now defunct Konker marque. Small world huh?

dmmcd 09-26-2011 07:58 AM

Wow, that XTR looks IDENTICAL to my XF200, except for the rear disc brake. It's like they took the stock XF photo and edited the graphics.

Is the engine really a 250cc, or are they just calling it that? I wonder if the cylinder would swap over if so...

For $3500 I am buying a decent used Suzuki DRZ400SM.

FastDoc 09-26-2011 11:58 AM

For $3500 I am buying a decent used Suzuki DRZ400SM

Yup. That's what I'm sayin'... :wink:

dmmcd 09-26-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastDoc
For $3500 I am buying a decent used Suzuki DRZ400SM

Yup. That's what I'm sayin'... :wink:

Actually, for just a little more, I would get a used Husqvarna SM610. Been on my list for a while.. :D