ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic/General Discussion (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Classic Movies (And other good recommendations) (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=7099)

Jim 05-08-2010 02:04 AM

Classic Movies (And other good recommendations)

I know you guys all have great taste, after all you are China Riders! So what are your movie picks, classics, or future classics?

I'll throw out a few to get things going...

Back to the future (1, and 3)
American Graffiti

The Worlds Fastest Indian (I know this has been mentioned before)

... And if we're just looking at Kurt Russel movies...
Backdraft
Overboard
Captain Ron

TurboT 05-08-2010 02:09 AM

The all time greatest movie ever:

Starship Troopers.

8)

Weldangrind 05-08-2010 02:22 AM

For goofy fun, The Blues Brothers is my favourite.

I really appreciated the message in Fight Club about what men are missing.

X2 on World's Fastest Indian.

My favourite as a teen was My Bodyguard (way back in 1980).

The original Gone In 60 Seconds was a fun B movie.

Jim 05-08-2010 02:28 AM

I actually don't remember Starship Troopers, though I probably did watch it when it came out...

Blues Brothers is a good one too, I've been meaning to look for it at the store, I've only got Blues Brothers 2000.

I wasn't too impressed with Avatar, maybe just because of how hyped up it was I was expecting something better? I didn't think it was bad or anything, just not sure it lived up to they hype for me.

Weldangrind 05-08-2010 02:31 AM

I forgot about So I Married An Axe Murderer with Mike Myers. My offer to loan it to you still stands Jim. :)

Jim 05-08-2010 02:38 AM

I'll have to take you up on that some time... :)

suprf1y 05-08-2010 07:07 AM

Fargo. A great story about how greed makes people stupid, that manages to be funny at the same time.

Memento is my all time favourite. Some people just can't follow all the back and forth, or need more action, but I love a movie that I can't predict what's going to happen next.

I saw both American Graffitti, and Gone in 60 seconds at the theater when I was a kid :P
Both great movies.

I would add Two lane blacktop in as a car classic (same 55 Chev as American Graffitti), and Deliverance.

TurboT 05-08-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim
I actually don't remember Starship Troopers, though I probably did watch it when it came out...

That's because it's so bad its good. If you're not into rediculous sci-fi gore it would be very forgettable. :) I don't know why I liked it, probably because I laughed all the way through.

AZ200cc 05-08-2010 10:16 PM

Behind the Green........Er.... oh... whoops. Ummmmmm Tombstone was a good movie :D .

MICRider 05-09-2010 12:06 AM

I loved Starship Troopers too! The second one was not nearly as good as the first one though. I got a major charge out of those enlistment commercials they played throughout the movie... Reminded me of the Robocop movies "I'd buy that for a dollar!" :D

BrianW 05-09-2010 07:34 PM

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
2. Killer Klowns from Outer Space
3. The original Dawn of the Dead.
4. Into The Wild

I also really enjoy Breaking Bad, although it's a series and not a movie.

BamaRat 05-09-2010 09:44 PM

Don't really want to rank them but in my top 5 would be.

The Outsiders
The Usual Suspects
Tombstone
Braveheart
Taken

FastDoc 05-09-2010 09:49 PM

Very Bad Movie I liked is Harley Davidson And The Marlboro Man.

Any movie with Zombies and assault rifles is also good.

Interesting movie I recommend is Red Dawn, speaking of AK's...

phil 05-09-2010 10:02 PM

i just cant understand nobody has said anything with john wayne, Jeremiah johnson, outlaw josey wales and a secret good movie you will have to download and then read is dead snow. im not much on reading a movie except dances with wolves, and i dont like foreign movies but if you like zombies

TurboT 05-10-2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastDoc

Interesting movie I recommend is Red Dawn, speaking of AK's...

Is that the old 80's flick with a young Patrick Swayze about Russians invading the USA and how a bunch of kids run to the hills and become Guerrilla fighters?