ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Registration Issues (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Registration issues (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21269)

The Black Eagle 05-17-2018 03:32 PM

Registration issues

So, I bought a Hawk 250 from a person (person #1 henceforth). Person #1 gave me a bill of sale, and an MSO. I later got a VIN verification as well. I take it to local tag office in GA, and here's what happens:

I go in and hand them all my paperwork. However, on MSO, there is another name (person #2 henceforth). Person #2 originally bought the bike, and never titled the bike because they didn't wanna ride it on road and sold it to #1 who sold it to me. Tag office won't title it because person #2 didn't title it.

So. on MSO, I go to person #2's address and turns out he gone. If he's dead, I can't obtain death certificate. Most likely, he moved away, and I can't contact him. So, now person #2 can't do anything.

I talked to a cop and got person #1 to fill out the back of MSO. I go back today and they say he has to title it. But if I give it to him to title, he'll need to go through #2 and we'll be back at square one.

So tomorrow, I'm going to go in with only the bill of sale and VIN verification and see what happens.

If anyone has any advice on what to do, or suggestions or whatnot, please let me know. I'll keep this updated until I either get it titled or throw it off a cliff. >:(:cry:

imapdog 05-17-2018 03:44 PM

contact the original dealer and get another one printed, if the buyers name on the title you have isnt yours. not sure if GA requires notary on either papers.

The Black Eagle 05-17-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapdog (Post 280297)
contact the original dealer and get another one printed, if the buyers name on the title you have isnt yours. not sure if GA requires notary on either papers.

So, I should contact the manufacturer on the MSO, or the dealer that sold the bike?

imapdog 05-17-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Black Eagle (Post 280299)
So, I should contact the manufacturer on the MSO, or the dealer that sold the bike?

as last resort. the dealers print the titles up in office usually. they may not even know original buyer by now.....
if the title you have hasnt been filled out as to the buyer, can always create bill of sale if no notary needed.
i truly hate this situation you are in. or the original buyer can get a copy resent to them.

JerryHawk250 05-17-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Black Eagle (Post 280299)

It would be worth a try. I've passed on a couple of good deals because of similar situations.

The Black Eagle 05-17-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imapdog (Post 280302)
as last resort. the dealers print the titles up in office usually. they may not even know original buyer by now.....
if the title you have hasnt been filled out as to the buyer, can always create bill of sale if no notary needed.
i truly hate this situation you are in. or the original buyer can get a copy resent to them.

I contacted the dealer, and they requested a picture of the MSO. Awaiting further.

Emerikol 05-18-2018 06:50 AM

Black Eagle, hope everything works out for you, please keep us posted. I originally titled and tagged my Hawk in GA before I moved out here to Phoenix. PM me if have any questions.

pistolclass 05-18-2018 07:35 AM

Mail.order registration via VT. Them transfer it to your state.

The Black Eagle 05-18-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolclass (Post 280365)
Mail.order registration via VT. Them transfer it to your state.

I saw a post about that.

But how would that work? Especially considering I don't want it titled in person #2's name? What else would I need to send?

The Black Eagle 05-18-2018 02:11 PM

So, today I went in with the MSO, and told them what I told y'all (except they both were gone with no way to contact.)

They contacted the state of Georgia, and said they'd call me back when they heard. So, progress, I guess?

The Black Eagle 05-18-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Black Eagle (Post 280397)
So, today I went in with the MSO, and told them what I told y'all (except they both were gone with no way to contact.)

They contacted the state of Georgia, and said they'd call me back when they heard. So, progress, I guess?

Progress indeed, everyone! :yay:
They called back and said I can get a bonded title. My dad's off at the insurance office, and once that is done, we should be good to go.

JerryHawk250 05-18-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Black Eagle (Post 280404)
They called back and said I can get a bonded title. My dad's off at the insurance office, and once that is done, we should be good to go.

Awesome! :clap:That's good news.

imapdog 05-18-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Black Eagle (Post 280397)

cool beans!:clap:

how did the duplicate copy of title idea go with the dealer? keep us posted if they send one or not...

The Black Eagle 05-18-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Black Eagle (Post 280404)

And that is almost a wrap.
We got the bonded title, everything is filled out. All I need to do is get a vehicle history report, and that should be the end of it. Thanks for all that helped out.

Presume, unless otherwise posted, that this issue is solved and I have my tag. If you have any questions or are in a similar situation, send me a message! And anyone in the Athens area that wants to ride, let me know. ;)