ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Pure Dirt (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   What is this for apollo250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21283)

Scarestone 05-19-2018 03:04 PM

What is this for apollo250

1 Attachment(s)
What is this for? I’m tryin to figure out how to change tranny oil? I’m new to bikes so be detailed if you can. Thank you

Apollo 250

Its_not_a_honda 05-19-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarestone (Post 280491)
What is this for? I’m tryin to figure out how to change tranny oil? I’m new to bikes so be detailed if you can. Thank you

Apollo 250

Those 2 plugs are to access the timing maks and flywheel nut.
You will need to know that when you do any valve adjustments or timing.
To change the oil. Remove the skid plate. There is a large hex head plug facing toward the shifter. Unscrew it. Oil will start coming out! watch carfully as you remove it. There is a large spring and a metal screen behind the plug. Take the screen and clean it. Do not use anything that will harm the rubber seal. Repalce screen, spring, and plug. Refill will freash motorcycle wet clutch oil. About a quart. Replace skid plate. You can look on youtube also. There is an ok video on how to do it.

(Put oil in where the dip stick is. Right beside the kick start lever.)

Scarestone 05-19-2018 08:44 PM

I already changed the engine oil like everyone says to do awhile ago with 4 stroke full syn oil. Do bikes not have tranny oil? They just all run from the same oil? That’s whats I was asking. I would figure it would have tranny oil

pete 05-19-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarestone (Post 280524)
I already changed the engine oil like everyone says to do awhile ago with 4 stroke full syn oil. Do bikes not have tranny oil? They just all run from the same oil? That’s whats I was asking. I would figure it would have tranny oil

4 stroke bikes use the same oil for both motor , clutch & trans...

Scarestone 05-19-2018 10:10 PM

That’s crazy to me... coming from working on cars only and just how much thicker trans oil/gear oil.... just crazy to me! I really appreciate it though.

Its_not_a_honda 05-19-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarestone (Post 280524)

Yeah same oil goes around the gears as goes to the piston. Be sure to use an oil that is "wet clutch" compatable though.

ben2go 05-20-2018 11:35 AM

Just make sure the API label on the back of the bottle doesn't say energy conserving or resource conserving. Those oils have friction modifiers that can destroy wet clutches pretty quickly. I use diesel oil in all of my bikes, 15w-40 Rotella T.