ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   New Zongshen RX3 (ZS250GY-3) Dual Sport (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13440)

Wolftrax 11-26-2014 06:10 PM

Hope y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving.:tup:

SpudRider 11-26-2014 06:54 PM

Thank you, Mark. I also hope everyone has a happy and blessed Thanksgiving. :)

SpudRider 11-27-2014 12:39 AM

ADV Pulse has posted it's riding review of the Zongshen RX3. You can read the very nice, honest review at the following link. :)

http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/cs...e-rx-3-review/

http://www.advpulse.com/wp-content/u...st-150x150.jpg

MotoJ 11-27-2014 08:07 AM

That is a nice write-up.:clap:I think the RX3 will be a breakthrough bike for the Chinese motorcycle industry.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 175834)
ADV Pulse has posted it's riding review of the Zongshen RX3. You can read the very nice, honest review at the following link. :)

http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/cs...e-rx-3-review/

http://www.advpulse.com/wp-content/u...st-150x150.jpg

culcune 11-27-2014 09:55 AM

I had to laugh at the 'screws vibrating loose' which could be describing most any Chinese bike. I also thought it funny they compared it to the KLR650.

What I find these bikes doing is replacing people's perception that they 'need,' at minimum, a KLR650 to go south of the US border. This bike will shake up adventure touring in most any country south of the US/Mexico border. Of course, it is not strictly a niche bike, because obviously, there is plenty of commuting to work and riding around the US. But read all the threads, both active and inactive, of people (mainly from Europe) going on adventure tours in Mexico, South and Central America, and most of them wish, or are happy, they had a small displacement bike to do so. With all the touring stuff standard--this bike is it!

I am very tempted to get a business license here in Yuma, and start offering these bikes as a side-business for people wishing to travel south of the border who have chosen to start in the US. But, of course, the 'devil's advocate' tells me--why not move back to L.A. where these people are starting their trips and open up a dealership there....

SpudRider 11-27-2014 10:17 AM

The chain guard is one of the first things I remove from a motorcycle. ;)

I think it's a huge compliment the reviewers compared the Zongshen RX3 to the very popular, venerable, Kawasaki KLR650. Whether commuting, or taking an adventure to the end of the hemisphere, I would much rather ride a 250cc motorcycle than a behemoth. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl7MrW9Fe7Y

SpudRider 11-27-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoJ (Post 175839)
That is a nice write-up.:clap:I think the RX3 will be a breakthrough bike for the Chinese motorcycle industry.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

I agree. :)

Weldangrind 11-27-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoJ (Post 175839)
I think the RX3 will be a breakthrough bike for the Chinese motorcycle industry.

It will be even more of a breakthrough if the word gets out to the hardcore enthusiasts (like us) that the engine is shared with Gas Gas and others.

Weldangrind 11-27-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 175840)
What I find these bikes doing is replacing people's perception that they 'need,' at minimum, a KLR650 to go south of the US border.

Well said. I'm sick of the "more is better" attitude that we've developed in NA. I spent two weeks in Alberta recently, and there were one ton diesel trucks everywhere, used for commuting and grocery duties. Adventure bikes are becoming obscenely big, to the point where they're hardly manageable. Good luck if you ever drop one.

All we have to do is look to people in Asia, who we've all seen carrying a family on a 200cc bike. Granted, that's not by choice, but it makes a point; one person can tour the globe on 200cc. The venerable TW200 has the distinction of being the first bike to have ever been ridden to the North Pole.

I know that your point was specific to heading south of the US border, but it applies in any direction.

/rant :grr:

Weldangrind 11-27-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 175841)
I think it's a huge compliment the reviewers compared the Zongshen RX3 to the very popular, venerable, Kawasaki KLR650. Whether commuting, or taking an adventure to the end of the hemisphere, I would much rather ride a 250cc motorcycle than a behemoth. ;)

I thought the same thing. A comparison to the KLR650 is high praise, indeed.

I lost count of how many times Boorman and McGregor dropped their bikes. Any one of us would have, which is why I agree with you, Spud. I have great memories of our trip over the mountains to Bonneville, and that's only one of many for you on a 200cc bike.

Wolftrax 11-27-2014 11:12 AM

Seemed like a fair review. Sounds like the fueling isues have been resolved "The EFI fueling feels spot on with no hesitation, surging or flat spots under acceleration". I look forward to seeing if CSC can fix the speedo and fuel gauge errors prior to US delivery.
Culcune you are spot on when you say this may be the bike for south of the border. I purchased this bike with that being it's mission. Looking for a buisness partner?
As far as the screw working there way out. My Husky chainguard came flying off goind down the road, loose screws.
Sounds like a bit of blue locktite and we may have a winner for "minimalist touring".:clap:

SpudRider 11-27-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 175849)
It will be even more of a breakthrough if the word gets out to the hardcore enthusiasts (like us) that the engine is shared with Gas Gas and others.

That is an excellent point. :) The ZS177MM (NC250) engine is a well proven powerplant, as is the Delphi fuel injection. The reviewers at ADV Pulse gave the RX3 a very good workout, and stated, "the EFI fueling feels spot on with no hesitation, surging or flat spots under acceleration." :tup:

SpudRider 11-27-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 175852)
I thought the same thing. A comparison to the KLR650 is high praise, indeed.

I lost count of how many times Boorman and McGregor dropped their bikes...

Yes, but Boorman didn't drop the bike nearly as much as McGregor. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 175852)
...Any one of us would have, which is why I agree with you, Spud. I have great memories of our trip over the mountains to Bonneville, and that's only one of many for you on a 200cc bike.

Indeed, that was a fun trip to Bonneville. :) I thought we might take an all Chinese motorcycle ride to Bonneville with FastDoc, but he has sadly disappeared.

SpudRider 11-27-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolftrax (Post 175853)
Seemed like a fair review. Sounds like the fueling isues have been resolved "The EFI fueling feels spot on with no hesitation, surging or flat spots under acceleration". I look forward to seeing if CSC can fix the speedo and fuel gauge errors prior to US delivery...

Indeed, I think the review was very honest, and such a review lends credibility to the quality of the motorcycle. :)

Quote:

...Culcune you are spot on when you say this may be the bike for south of the border. I purchased this bike with that being it's mission...

With Zongshen dealers in Peru and Chile, I think you will find good support for the RX3 while traveling in South America. :)

Quote:

...Sounds like a bit of blue locktite and we may have a winner for "minimalist touring".:clap:

I agree. Zongshen motorcycles have very strong frames and reliable engines. These are the most important qualities for any adventure motorcycle. :)

Weldangrind 11-27-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

...staying in the powerband and choosing the right gear are all part of the fun of riding a 250cc motorcycle.
An excellent point.

The CSC folks should be pleased with the ADV Pulse review.