ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Other Brands (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Mrs. 2LZ New Ride (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=32546)

2LZ 04-16-2023 10:25 AM

Mrs. 2LZ New Ride

1 Attachment(s)
Had a buddy call me.....

Buddy Jeff: Hey...can you look at my wife's Sportster? It just sits now that I sold my bike, the battery is dead, and it runs like crap. Probably carb needs a rebuild. I want to get it out of the garage.

Me: Of course. Selling it, huh? (Mrs. 2LZ said she'd like another Sporty) How much are you looking to get?

Jeff: It depends on what you gouge me for to fix it! LOL! Probably around.....(More than I was willing to pay).

Me: I got a better idea. Just bring it up with the pink slip, and Ill give you (not a lowball but a fair offer) for it. Two birds with one stone. It's out of your garage and you don't have to make a second three hour round trip to pick it up.

Viola! One 2005 HD 883 Sportster Low. I already have the oil, filter, battery and carb kit.....and those lovely bags are already in the Yard Sale pile.

It has less than 6000 miles on it, and they bought it from his sister, so it's been in the family since new. I couldn't pass it up!

herbie 04-16-2023 10:51 AM

Awesome 2lz, that does look like a low seat height, should be easy for the wife to ride. At least you know the history on the bike and it sounds good like you got a nice deal

2LZ 04-19-2023 10:03 AM

Rebuilt the CV carb, new battery, some fine-tooth combing and got her fired yesterday. Runs good! Now if my oil filters would show up I could finish this thing.

herbie 04-20-2023 10:08 AM

Is there really ever a finish :lmao:

letsride 05-19-2023 02:54 AM

Heck yeah!! Nice lookin bike! I miss my Sportster sometimes such and easy bike to ride.

2LZ 05-22-2023 05:05 PM

Boy, does this "883 Low" ride like a rigid! No wonder they didn't make them very long. Going to grow the rear shocks an inch. I never thought I'd ever put LONGER shocks on a Harley!

Also changed the bars, installed risers and put on some new mirrors. So far, other than it being so stiff, Mrs. 2LZ likes it! Mission accomplished.

J4Fun 05-22-2023 05:20 PM

Awesome, from a guy that lived up the street from you, Pilot Hill, now in Lake City, FL. Love your neck of the country!

JerryHawk250 05-22-2023 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 395206)
Boy, does this "883 Low" ride like a rigid! No wonder they didn't make them very long. Going to grow the rear shocks an inch. I never thought I'd ever put LONGER shocks on a Harley!

Also changed the bars, installed risers and put on some new mirrors. So far, other than it being so stiff, Mrs. 2LZ likes it! Mission accomplished.

Yeah, I test drove the 883 before buying my Vulcan S . There was no way my back could handle it.

2LZ 05-23-2023 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4Fun (Post 395209)
Awesome, from a guy that lived up the street from you, Pilot Hill, now in Lake City, FL. Love your neck of the country!

Awesome! We used to drop in the the Hindquarter House semi-regular to have a snort with Dirty Richey! Almost bought some property there about 25-30 years ago. Love the easy access to the North Fork and Georgetown Hotel.

J4Fun 05-24-2023 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 395268)
Awesome! We used to drop in the the Hindquarter House semi-regular to have a snort with Dirty Richey! Almost bought some property there about 25-30 years ago. Love the easy access to the North Fork and Georgetown Hotel.

Funny the Hindquarter House, Pilot Hill store was a short walk from our house. The Georgetown Hotel was a stopping point on the way back from Uncle Toms Cabin. We were there from ‘82 till ‘02 and still have close friends that live there. I enjoy your posts and was just thinking how much time we spent in your area! Ah the fun of riding the foothill hwy 49. :) to yesteryear!

2LZ 05-25-2023 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4Fun (Post 395330)
Funny the Hindquarter House, Pilot Hill store was a short walk from our house. The Georgetown Hotel was a stopping point on the way back from Uncle Toms Cabin. We were there from ‘82 till ‘02 and still have close friends that live there. I enjoy your posts and was just thinking how much time we spent in your area! Ah the fun of riding the foothill hwy 49. :) to yesteryear!

Gotta love Uncle Tom's. Go in, get a beer, go out back to the railing. "No Shooting" signs posted.....and shell casings all over the ground below the railing. I never did use the multi-holer outhouse!