ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Thinking about a Lifan KPX 250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=33785)

pistolclass 02-05-2024 09:02 PM

Thinking about a Lifan KPX 250

I still have my 2015 hawk 250. I ride it on the trails of NH. I got my wife and son brand new Hondas, a Crf110 and a crf125. They are the pinnacle of quality and engineering, however I just can't justify $7,000 for. CRF300L for me.

This leaves me to look at china bikes again. For under 3k I can buy a Lifan KPX250. Fuel injected, 6 speed. I have a few questions for the community:

1) is there a better china Enduro for about 3k? Fuel injected is a must.
2) am I being stupid, should I just buy the CRF300L? My wife keeps telling me to just buy the Honda. She loves her bike, it is amazing in every way.... But $7,000 for a toy is a bit steep, especially when a $3,000 bike will do the job.

Thank you in advance

-Tony

JerryHawk250 02-06-2024 07:32 AM

Buy the KPX. It's every bit as good as a Honda. It will make the Hawk feel like junk, and i like my Hawk. lol Also the KPX comes with a 2 year warranty. Between Venom and American Lifan, the after sales support is great. Right now they offer a discount. Use the discount code Wintersale100 and get $100 off. https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...d-street-legal

XLsior 02-06-2024 04:22 PM

If you were to go $ for $ All honda offers at the same price as the KPX250 is the 'NEW' Honda XR150L...

Also in the USA you have the Kawasaki KLX 300 which out of the box I would say is the better bike compared to the Honda CRF300...

Modern day Honda is not that impressive...Much like Japanese industry in general they got grandfathered into a midday nap of economic stagnation.

China and India are going to overtake the Old horses who are stuck feeding in the old trough.

Christina Rae 02-08-2024 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XLsior (Post 404251)
If you were to go $ for $ All honda offers at the same price as the KPX250 is the 'NEW' Honda XR150L...

Also in the USA you have the Kawasaki KLX 300 which out of the box I would say is the better bike compared to the Honda CRF300...

Modern day Honda is not that impressive...Much like Japanese industry in general they got grandfathered into a midday nap of economic stagnation.

China and India are going to overtake the Old horses who are stuck feeding in the old trough.

How would you compare the KLX against the Lifan?
if looking to save a little money, is the Lifan just as good as the KLX?

XLsior 02-08-2024 08:37 AM

Lifan is the upper quality bracket of Chinese engine manufactures. I have not seen or ridden either KLX/CFR/KPX in person. I mostly ride restored rust buckets.

For the beginner the KPX is better value. For the more experienced rider or the kind of person who values a brand service center then the Kawasaki or Honda

Ask yourself which bike are you ok with dropping on the ground and replacing parts for...that'll likely be determining factor.

JerryHawk250 02-08-2024 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christina Rae (Post 404302)
How would you compare the KLX against the Lifan?
if looking to save a little money, is the Lifan just as good as the KLX?

To compare apples to apples, (which i have road both) The KLX230 and KPX are similar. The KPX has a stronger swing arm. 223cc vs 250cc. Standard forks vs USD forks. $5,000 vs $2,900. Quality are pretty much the same.

pistolclass 02-11-2024 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XLsior (Post 404303)

Ask yourself which bike are you ok with dropping on the ground and replacing parts for...that'll likely be determining factor.

They are all dirt bike and are meant to be dropped on the ground. I'm not so much worried about the money, just want to make sure the Honda is worth 2.5x the KPX.... And so far I don't think it is.if the Honda was $1000 more ... No brainier but it is nearly $6500 out the door.

Tony

XLsior 02-12-2024 02:05 AM

The main reason you would go with any of the major brands is service center support.

If you are mechanically minded and don't mind wrenching or 'voiding warranty' then the China bikes will represent better value for money.

buzz 02-13-2024 10:54 PM

Iff i had the money,its a no brainer Honda