ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New (old) trunk (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=17947)

BlackBike 12-25-2016 09:14 PM

New (old) trunk

5 Attachment(s)
So I mentioned I busted out the top latch of my $21 bargain trunk in another thread. The rough roads were too much since last spring and it finally gave . I got a lot of use out of it and love the ability to do small errands on this fun machine with the extra space. I was looking at all the trunks available but figured unless I spend more money I would just be left with another busted up pos. I saw where they sell cloth bags for this same purpose and it gave me the idea about a ratty old retired toolbag I have. It seems to work pretty well but may not be as much room as before. I think I can squeeze a 6 pack of 12oz'ers in there however. (The 12 pack will need a different solution, Canadian mist perhaps from the package store) The Bosch bag holds 2 tubes, air pump, and tools. If I need to make room I can strap it to the outside of the bag with my short length of copper Romex wire I carry. It may look a little cheesey (sorry brother ) but it will be the last thing i have to fix again in the trunk department. Will be flexable for the next tree or ground shot it takes. :doh: Notice the awful, disgraceful shop in the back ground, and also the sweating cement floor. Humid and 79degrees for the12 hr high here on Christmas day according to my little wx station.

Attachment 8065
Attachment 8066
Attachment 8067
Ps, pay no attention to the unrelated photos, I can't take them off for some reason

Merlin 12-25-2016 11:11 PM

Looks like a perfect fit. Well done. :tup:

2LZ 12-26-2016 12:02 AM

Lights etc...

Hey BB, is this headlight assembly like yours? I know the taillight, etc... is the same. If it is, pm me.

BlackBike 12-26-2016 12:24 PM

Here is post from back in May.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16580

I think our bashan blaze bikes are basically a copy of your 07' is it? I see 09 q link

BlackBike 12-26-2016 01:11 PM

Just more pics to look at While waiting for spring. Keep posting everyone:hi:

culcune 12-26-2016 01:28 PM

The lid on my old topcase on my TMEC was held down with bungie cords for months--worked quite well.

BlackBike 12-26-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 238928)
The lid on my old topcase on my TMEC was held down with bungie cords for months--worked quite well.

Same here, but do have the need to lock it occasionally

2LZ 12-27-2016 10:24 AM

I need to finds a pic I have of my X-moto (like your Blaze) with my old luggage on the back. Worked GREAT! I zip tied a black plastic milk crate to the rack and got a perfect fit, Walmart lunch box that slipped right inside. Used to thrash that thing on trails fire roads and our sandwich's and drinks always made out unscathed. Kinda redneck but worked awesome!

BlackBike 12-27-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 238970)
I need to finds a pic I have of my X-moto (like your Blaze) with my old luggage on the back. Worked GREAT! I zip tied a black plastic milk crate to the rack and got a perfect fit, Walmart lunch box that slipped right inside. Used to thrash that thing on trails fire roads and our sandwich's and drinks always made out unscathed. Kinda redneck but worked awesome!

from the excellent condition photos of your bikes, it's hard to imagine you "trashing" anything.:hehe:

wilserchinarider 12-27-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 238982)
from the excellent condition photos of your bikes, it's hard to imagine you "trashing" anything.:hehe:

Thrash not trash.... :)

BlackBike 12-27-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilserchinarider (Post 238992)
Thrash not trash.... :)

To argue semantics, kinda of the same, right? Please no Webster's, you win.:D

2LZ 12-27-2016 03:25 PM

It's more like "ride it hard, clean it quickly". Just my analness.
The easiest way to keep a bike looking new....is by keeping it looking new.

Weldangrind 12-28-2016 06:58 PM

I like the toolbag idea. I've used a couple of camera bags in the past, which are virtually free at the thrift store.