ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX3 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Csc rxr (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18994)

sshevie 05-07-2017 10:18 PM

Csc rxr

I see on the CSC blog as well as cscman150 having a video on YouTube that CSC has introduced a striped down version of the RX3 called the RXR. From what I can tell its got no crash bars, luggage , or strangely passenger foot pegs. Its also sporting IMHO a very attractive smoked windscreen. $400.00 cheaper than the fully kitted bike.

2LZ 05-08-2017 10:17 AM

Pretty cool. No funny striping either. Bare bones RX3.

wheelbender6 05-29-2017 08:31 PM

Here is a press release and pic of the RXR. Its better lookin than I expected.
http://blog.motorcycle.com/2017/05/1...xr-model-3495/
http://cdn3.volusion.com/qsgah.sptja...XR-2017-2T.jpg

1cylinderwonder 06-30-2017 08:02 PM

First review of CSC's RXR 250

I purchased a RXR 250 and have been breaking it in according to the suggested limits on Rpms, brake use, fuel and top cylinder lubricant. I put another 80 miles on it today.
In the past I have read and heard about the poor quality brakes on the RX-3 and how you can't get the rear tire to skid, even when pressing extra hard on the rear brake, and no matter how hard you squeeze the front brake lever the bike doesn't want to stop. Well I used my past method of seasoning the front and rear brake pads and find my brakes can lock the rear wheel and the front is so strong I can use it alone to stop my bike.
So the complaints about the RX-3 poor brakes must be due to improper break in, or my RXR's lighter weight compared to the RX-3, (at least 50 pounds lighter) so the brake shoes or discs may be inadequate for the heavier RX-3.
Maybe the poor brakers may have glazed their pads or warped the discs.
Anyway, the brakes are as good as a lot of my past and present bikes.
I'll post more as I progress.

dpl096 07-01-2017 12:02 AM

I've found my stock RX brakes to be more than adequate....however should I upgrade I will follow the excellent advice posted on this board.

SpudRider 07-01-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder (Post 260522)
I purchased a RXR 250 and have been breaking it in according to the suggested limits on Rpms, brake use, fuel and top cylinder lubricant. I put another 80 miles on it today.
In the past I have read and heard about the poor quality brakes on the RX-3 and how you can't get the rear tire to skid, even when pressing extra hard on the rear brake, and no matter how hard you squeeze the front brake lever the bike doesn't want to stop. Well I used my past method of seasoning the front and rear brake pads and find my brakes can lock the rear wheel and the front is so strong I can use it alone to stop my bike.
So the complaints about the RX-3 poor brakes must be due to improper break in, or my RXR's lighter weight compared to the RX-3, (at least 50 pounds lighter) so the brake shoes or discs may be inadequate for the heavier RX-3.

I'm glad you are enjoying your RXR. :tup:

The rear brake of the RX3 is plenty strong; it locks the rear wheel easily. The front brake is also strong, but the brake rotors are bad, and will pulse the front brake after a few thousand miles.

BlackBike 07-01-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder (Post 260522)

Pictures ? We havent seen one yet, youll be the first.

1cylinderwonder 07-01-2017 12:29 PM

It's my wife's bike!!!!

Spud,
Glad to know that the brakes on the RX3/RXR are not inherently under spec'd.
Actually the RXR was purchased for my wife. She's letting me ride it to do the break-in routine. After everything is stabilized and adjusted properly, she'll take the bike over! :)
It really doesn't fit me too well. I'm kinda of crowded in the seat to bar distance and the seat to pegs distance. But other than that I'm enjoying the bike. :hi:

1cylinderwonder 07-01-2017 12:34 PM

It's my wife's bike!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Spud,
Glad to know that the brakes on the RX3/RXR are not inherently under spec'd.
Actually the RXR was purchased for my wife. She's letting me ride it to do the break-in routine. After everything is stabilized and adjusted properly, she'll take the bike over! :)
It really doesn't fit me too well. I'm kinda of crowded in the seat to bar distance and the seat to pegs distance. But other than that I'm enjoying the bike. :hi:
Here is a photo.

2LZ 07-05-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder (Post 260570)

I know what you mean about that. I changed to the tall seat and put on the Tusk risers and it made a world of difference.
Glad you're enjoying the bike. You'll find it will grow on you with every ride.

Silversprint 07-07-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 260779)
I know what you mean about that. I changed to the tall seat and put on the Tusk risers and it made a world of difference.
Glad you're enjoying the bike. You'll find it will grow on you with every ride.

I have the risers and the low seat, which I don't find very comfortable. How is the tall seat for long rides?

Rich+PRCBike 07-07-2017 08:55 PM

I just saw this thread and was pretty excited by the RXR. There are many threads of people replacing the stock RX3 gear with something more fitting of their use case, so a stripped down version would make sense.

However, I just checked the CSC website and there is very little difference in price ($170):

RX3:
Our Price: $3,895.00
Assembly Free
Your Bike Will Arrive Fully Assembled!
DOC Fee Free
Crating $150.00 (waived for in-store pickup)
Free Shipping!

Total: 4045

RXR:
Our Price: $3,495.00
Assembly $195.00
DOC Fee $35.00
Free Shipping!

Total: 3875

AdAn82 07-08-2017 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich+PRCBike (Post 260988)
I just saw this thread and was pretty excited by the RXR. There are many threads of people replacing the stock RX3 gear with something more fitting of their use case, so a stripped down version would make sense.

However, I just checked the CSC website and there is very little difference in price ($170):

RX3:
Our Price: $3,895.00
Assembly Free
DOC Fee Free
Free Shipping!

Total: 4045

RXR:
Our Price: $3,495.00
Assembly $195.00
DOC Fee $35.00
Free Shipping!

Total: 3875

They are waiving assembly and Doc fees for the RX3 . . . so, actually, if you had the same charges on each one, the RX3 is $4,275 and the RXR is $3,875. It's a $400 difference for the bike itself. They're just running a special on the assembly and documentation fees for the RX3.