ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Intro from PNW of the US (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=33811)

Weresquatch 02-16-2024 06:16 PM

Intro from PNW of the US

Hello everyone! Greetings from Vancouver, WA. Just bought a Templar X I'm building up.

As a kid I had a lil Trail 90. Since then over the years a hodge podge of used bikes, KLR650, Ducati Monster (1st gen), Kawa 440, Honda Magna V65, Suzuki GS650. Currently I commute on a Vespa GTS 300, have a Vespa ET4 150 and a Triumph Legend TT 900.

I'm an avid cyclist too and spent a couple decades focusing on mountain biking but I've never owned a moto specifically for dirt.....until now. I'm thinking this bike will be 85% for dirt and trails, camping and hopefully this summer the WABDR.

cheesy 02-16-2024 06:23 PM

Hiya from flyover country.

Thumper 02-16-2024 07:43 PM

Welcome to Chinariders, where we acknowledge the pervasive global economy does indeed extend to motorcycles!

I had a friend that owned the Magnum V65. He lost 2nd gear drag racing! I was a fan of the Sabre myself, but never bought one. Lots of GS series though. The 550 was my first (first year of release), and a 550E the next year when I traded my original 550 with my brother for a 69 Chevy Nova !!

Then onto a brand new GS850G (sweet bike). My college Biology professor bought a new GS650G and we used to ride together in Albuquerque (I was on a GS1100E with TSCC by then). Another nice GS.

Wait a minute. I know you. :hi:

Well. I know your posts. FYI, I got off the road after too many intersection close calls. I do venture out on the pavement, but mostly to get to dirt now.

Do©Hawk 02-16-2024 08:02 PM

Welcome from the PA Central West.

TominMO 02-16-2024 10:51 PM

Welcome, and we will need AI-generated pics of a weresquatch. Both at full moon and otherwise.

JerryHawk250 02-17-2024 09:13 AM

Welcome aboard!

Mikd 02-17-2024 12:44 PM

Love the screen name! Had a customer a few years back that was quite involved in the bigfoot topic, he was not the person I would have imagined doing that type of work. Very interesting person to speak to and probably made the job take considerably longer haha.

Livid_Hawk250 02-26-2024 12:36 PM

Hi everyone, not necessarily new but I am going to start being active.
From Michigan and I am going to be picking up something soon before spring after deliberating on this for a while.

McQueen216 04-05-2024 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weresquatch (Post 404598)
Hello everyone! … and hopefully this summer the WABDR.

The WABDR is a pretty great one with which to start. But now that the weather is breaking - don’t wait. Get out there and his the trails. Gaia is your friend - or whichever all you’re willing to use (Gaia has snow levels, which is a nice bonus). Pack a phone, pack a GPS, pack something to track where you went and when, and go. And go. And go. Some tools along the way will help and maybe bring confidence - some spares, tubes, spark plugs, fluids (water!), etc - but bring a Credit card and gooooooo. WA is awesome for hitting the cascades. (Says the guy down in Rose City)