ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   My Bashan BSR250 arrived! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20511)

MacGregor 01-17-2018 06:04 PM

My Bashan BSR250 arrived!

After a long, tedious wait, it finally arrived last night. I started assembly right away, but had to leave it unfinished. I want to take my time, do it right and loctite everything I think needs it. I'm still working on it today, and I have some questions.

First question - allen bolts to mount the ignition switch? Those were the only bolts that fit that there were two of. I wasn't sure, but used them anyway.

Second - I have two wires with nothing to plug into them - a green double plug (the front turn signals plug into another just like it and all 4 work), and a brown single plug. What plugs into these wires?

Anything specific I should look out for?

Pics to follow.

BTW - I refuse to call it an "Enforcer".

Thanks, Matt

Angus67 01-17-2018 09:24 PM

Learn to say it in chinese. Maybe, punisher? Manipulater?
Cool you got your bike.

Benspeeder 01-17-2018 09:42 PM

Nice! I'm waiting for my Enforcer to arrive errr...BSR. :)

Good luck with the build - thanks for posting pointers!

MacGregor 01-17-2018 10:19 PM

Everything seems to be working fine despite those wires not being connected to anything. It took me a while to figure out that the headlight and taillight simultaneously turn on and off with a switch (I initially thought the lights were off because of the wires, or that they only illuminate when the engine is running).

The washers with the nubs on them go under the instrument cluster; it looks like there are extras. The two long(er) bolts attach the ignition housing (the plate on top), the two allen bolts attach the ignition switch itself. You'll have to attach the ignition plate first, then the ignition switch. The four short(er) bolts attach the front fender.

The plastic panels that attach to the gas tank can be a PITA, at least the right side was - one of the tabs broke. There is a rod that runs along the front of the engine these attach to - it may not line up exact so you might have to finagle it some.

I found it is pretty easy to work on when it's on a dirt bike stand. Get the bike off the crate, temporarily mount the front wheel, then put it on a stand. It will make attaching the rear shock much easier than trying to have one person lift the rear while the other tries to get the bolt through. Don't forget to grease the bolt first.

The spring for the kickstand is a bit tricky. I used a screwdriver, which worked well. At first it may not feel like it will work; just pull a little harder and it becomes quite easy and slides right on.

Other than the side panel on the gas tank, no issues so far. I'm almost done, and should have it done tomorrow.

MacGregor 01-17-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angus67 (Post 272202)
Learn to say it in chinese. Maybe, punisher? Manipulater?
Cool you got your bike.

I think 'Enforcer' was a name Don came up with. The 'fake' MCO and the bike itself are listed as BSR250. Enforcer is not listed anywhere except on the website.

MacGregor 01-17-2018 10:23 PM

Oh...I have pretty much everything account for, except for a few spare washers and two nuts and bolt with hex heads. I can't think of what they're for unless they're for mounting the license plate?

timcosby 01-18-2018 12:12 AM

for the rear shock just lay the bike on its side.
:)

timcosby 01-18-2018 12:15 AM

brown wire is + and green is- so its probably for future additions that req power

kirbo7106 01-18-2018 12:21 AM

Is it Picture Time yet? 😁

Megadan 01-18-2018 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGregor (Post 272206)
Oh...I have pretty much everything account for, except for a few spare washers and two nuts and bolt with hex heads. I can't think of what they're for unless they're for mounting the license plate?

Yep, those are likely the bolts meant for mounting a plate.

Looking forward to some pictures of the finished product. :tup:

MacGregor 01-18-2018 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here she is, mostly done. Still need to put on mirrors and some accessories and adjust a few things. The rear tire was flat when I took it off the stand; I do have replacement HD tubes, but won't get to those tonight. I started it and rode it briefly around the block. Will be changing the oil after supper. I think I'm going to like it.

MacGregor 01-18-2018 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look at that a$$

letsride 01-18-2018 06:22 PM

Great Progress! Can't wait to see some pitchers! What color is the thing? I'm trying to find the original "Enforcer" Thread of (I think) the first to guys to purchase and document them here.

letsride 01-18-2018 06:23 PM

LOL, I posted and as soon as my screen refreshed, BAM, there she was! Very nice looking bike. I like the Blue! Go ahead and change the tubes. Save yourself some heartache later. Get those latex gloves out of there.

MacGregor 01-18-2018 06:34 PM

Which position is choke on - up or down? It idles fine down, but won't idle at all on up (but does stay running of I hold the throttle open).