ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Video and Pics (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Grandview Park Marshall county West Virginia (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=33419)

Zapkin 10-24-2023 03:25 PM

Grandview Park Marshall county West Virginia

3 Attachment(s)
I was headed out to the Palace of Gold to get some pictures of the trees but unfortunately there was a road closed sign and so I just turned around and went to Grandview park instead. I love this time of year the changing of the trees cooler breeze but there's always the inevitable freeze.

here is a short video: https://youtu.be/M_FEO9j_jg0

JerryHawk250 10-24-2023 03:49 PM

Beautiful Scenery. The leave change colors here to. They go from green to brown. lol Everything is still green here and usually turn brown late November or when ever we get that first frost. Only thing nice about south Louisiana is that I can usually ride year round. It doesn't get cold till mid December till early February. Even then it's been warm enough to wear shorts for Christmas and New Years. lol

Bill Hilly 10-24-2023 05:05 PM

Talk about coincidence. I had never heard of that palace of gold, but just earlier today. It was on one of those little articles that show up on Yahoo, or maybe it was Facebook. They either called it the most beautiful building in America, or maybe one of the most beautiful. I do know that them Hari-Kristnas used to have some sort of community up in the Northern part of the state, but you never hear of them now. I remember when I was a kid, and you would see them "Rainbow People" on the roads. They used to sometimes have their gatherings in West Virginia,and still may fro time to time. I know that one or two if them were murdered years ago .
I have been riding my Hawk today. I went ahead,and stripped the tank, seat, and some plastic from my new bike, and adjusted the valves, and went ahead, and sent the ECU box for my new bike in to be "remapped", which I guess controls certain task of the fuel injection .

Zapkin 10-24-2023 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Hilly (Post 400911)
Talk about coincidence. I had never heard of that palace of gold, but just earlier today. It was on one of those little articles that show up on Yahoo, or maybe it was Facebook. They either called it the most beautiful building in America, or maybe one of the most beautiful. I do know that them Hari-Kristnas used to have some sort of community up in the Northern part of the state, but you never hear of them now. I remember when I was a kid, and you would see them "Rainbow People" on the roads. They used to have their gatherings in West Virginia,and still may fro time to time. I know that one or two if them were murdered years ago .
I have been riding my Hawk today. I went ahead,and stripped the tank, seat, and some plastic from my new bike, and adjusted the valves, and went ahead, and sent the ECU box for my new bike in to be "remapped", which I guess controls certain task of the fuel injection .

The palace is nice. They are improving it. The history of the place was a bit dark at one point, but it's getting much nicer. I go out there for the scenery, and there is an attractive older German lady who works in the garden that I am trying to talk to. But it's a nice place. Some of the women who visit, Indian women, wear the most beautiful dresses, and many of them are beautiful as well. It's just a place that makes me feel at peace. Unfortunately, the other way in requires me to drive through a creek, and it rained the other day, and I don't feel like getting my feet wet today. But it was a good ride.

Boatguy 10-24-2023 05:31 PM

I read all about that park. I was so interested in it once I saw it in your other post. It’s really something. It’s so unique.

Sport Rider 10-25-2023 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 (Post 400910)
Beautiful Scenery. The leave change colors here to. They go from green to brown. lol Everything is still green here and usually turn brown late November or when ever we get that first frost. Only thing nice about south Louisiana is that I can usually ride year round. It doesn't get cold till mid December till early February. Even then it's been warm enough to wear shorts for Christmas and New Years. lol

<sarcasm>that's why I loved Texas so much. </sarcasm>

Texas Pete 10-25-2023 07:03 PM

As someone that had to work in San Francisco for a short stint I can guarantee you that everything is brown and dry up there. You only get a bit of green during the infrequent rains and it’s usually quick growth weedy vegetation that quickly returns to brown fire fuel.