ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Greetings from Utah (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34021)

TIGERYETI 03-28-2024 06:55 PM

Greetings from Utah

2 Attachment(s)
I'm brand new to the dirt bike world! The last few years, I have been riding down paved roads and longing to turn down the dirt trails and see where they lead. My journey landed me on a used KTM 390 Adventure. Out of nowhere, my fiance' became very interested in riding with me!!! I was ready to let her have the KTM, but she is too nervous on it. SO!! I looked everywhere for a compromise. Needed something lower to the ground (she's 5'5") and also something she is not afraid to lay down.
Someone suggested to me to look at Chinese bikes. I never thought of that!
And, now we are in the china riders world!!!
I got my fiance' the ORION DS 190cc L. We wanted to lower it even more, so we threw smaller enduro tires on it and a few extra bells and whistles.
We are heading to the salt flats (Dell) here in Utah this weekend for our first ride together!!!
I purchased the Orion 190cc yesterday......and that little fella has some pep in his step!! I'm impressed!!!
The only knock on it....is the incredibly hard seat!!!! That will be fixed ASAP!

Anyway! A salute to all of you china riders!!! Be safe and ride hard!!
-TIGERYETI

Thumper 03-28-2024 07:09 PM

Great choice Tiger. She can get her experience and tagalong until she is ready for something more capable. I've always thought that the best way to learn how to ride is on a dirt bike. Away from cars, free to break tires loose and learn how they drift. Shifting and clutch action, and managing brakes.

She'll be ready for a dual sport or adventure sport in a couple of years.

TIGERYETI 03-28-2024 08:01 PM

I like the way you think my friend. Exactly what I'm hoping for!!

cheesy 03-28-2024 08:17 PM

Welcome

JerryHawk250 03-29-2024 07:49 AM

Welcome aboard!

Do©Hawk 03-29-2024 08:46 AM

Welcome. How does she like the Orion? Has she ridden it yet?

Thumper 03-29-2024 09:16 AM

Gorgeous 390 by the way. Fiance or not, I'd shell out a couple of thousand for a new bike for her before putting her on that. ;)

I am familiar with the fit, finish and quality of build of a KTM. My 250SX weighs 220lbs an makes 50+ hp. Remarkably nimble!

panzer77 03-29-2024 01:59 PM

Welcome, I'm also in Utah and looking to pick up 150 Strom DLX for the wife.

Weresquatch 03-29-2024 06:12 PM

Welcome. What part of Utah are you in? I spent a lot of time as a kid riding around the West Jordan/South Jordan area growing up.

Thumper 03-29-2024 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzer77 (Post 406231)
Welcome, I'm also in Utah and looking to pick up 150 Strom DLX for the wife.

The 150 Storm is another good choice for a beginner off road rider. It can be lowered by upper rear shock mount farther forward. You can also lower the front end slipping the fork tubes up in the clamps. And you can get handlebar risers to lower it even more (space for the fork tubes to be clamped lower). It is a tall bike.